Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lee-Bro

OEM and Hockeytron

Maybe a recently "let-go" employee decided to go AWOL. This does not seem like something a business would every reply to a customer. not in the 21st century. They would have to be completely stupid..

This whole situation is stranger. I've heard a lot of people post on here about how good HockeyTron's customer service was. Seemed like they went above and beyond what other retailers would. I haven't had an issue with them on my previous orders and I would definitely buy from them again. It seems more like what other have posted about an ex-employee or a hacker. I've never dealt with customer service that got that heated, that fast. I'm curious to see what happens from here on.

@Law Goalie: I honestly wondered if somebody had hacked their email or something... it was THAT stunning that a real company would handle customer service like that. That's kind of where the "you dont even work for hockeytron, do you..." comment came from.

@team50: None of the emails were edited. I'm not going to go on here and post this kind of thing without full disclosure. Certainly wouldn't try to make anyone look bad where it wasn't deserved.

@Hockeycrazy: Most certainly not hired by somebody to post any of this. Simply a customer who had money in hand, got pretty poor customer service which could have easily been rectified by a "sorry, we didnt get your email. We'd be happy to help though!". But that's not what I got. I got rude replies stating that was lying about having sent emails.

As I posted earlier, I sent THREE emails to HT in a span of about 2 weeks or so, plus 3-4 messages on HT's Facebook wall. If somebody had simply replied "it's much easier for us to handle team orders via phone", that would have been fine too. But email is better for me, so that's the route I went.

As I said, I couldn't be more happy with the Tron 405 stick I have and Tron jersey. Both are fantastic (and I've scored a goal in every game I've used that stick in). Why would I own either, if I was intent on destroying hockeytron's business? Like I said, I had MONEY IN HAND to place a team order for jerseys.

I have not lied or said anything that was untrue. I am simply an angry ex-customer who was treated poorly, and simply sharing my experiences with the public. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. People are 100% free to ignore every word I said and still shop at HockeyTron - it really doesn't matter to me. I'm just throwing it out there and people can do as they please. Vote with their wallet, I always say.

This whole situation is stranger. I've heard a lot of people post on here about how good HockeyTron's customer service was. Seemed like they went above and beyond what other retailers would. I haven't had an issue with them on my previous orders and I would definitely buy from them again. It seems more like what other have posted about an ex-employee or a hacker. I've never dealt with customer service that got that heated, that fast. I'm curious to see what happens from here on.

I hope for their sake it WAS a hacker. I really do. I too have heard good things about their customer service, and their FB page reflects a lot of happy people. Even more reason to be shocked at the email exchange.

@Law Goalie: I honestly wondered if somebody had hacked their email or something... it was THAT stunning that a real company would handle customer service like that. That's kind of where the "you dont even work for hockeytron, do you..." comment came from.

@team50: None of the emails were edited. I'm not going to go on here and post this kind of thing without full disclosure. Certainly wouldn't try to make anyone look bad where it wasn't deserved.

@Hockeycrazy: Most certainly not hired by somebody to post any of this. Simply a customer who had money in hand, got pretty poor customer service which could have easily been rectified by a "sorry, we didnt get your email. We'd be happy to help though!". But that's not what I got. I got rude replies stating that was lying about having sent emails.

As I posted earlier, I sent THREE emails to HT in a span of about 2 weeks or so, plus 3-4 messages on HT's Facebook wall. If somebody had simply replied "it's much easier for us to handle team orders via phone", that would have been fine too. But email is better for me, so that's the route I went.

As I said, I couldn't be more happy with the Tron 405 stick I have and Tron jersey. Both are fantastic (and I've scored a goal in every game I've used that stick in). Why would I own either, if I was intent on destroying hockeytron's business? Like I said, I had MONEY IN HAND to place a team order for jerseys.

I have not lied or said anything that was untrue. I am simply an angry ex-customer who was treated poorly, and simply sharing my experiences with the public. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. People are 100% free to ignore every word I said and still shop at HockeyTron - it really doesn't matter to me. I'm just throwing it out there and people can do as they please. Vote with their wallet, I always say.

I hope for their sake it WAS a hacker. I really do. I too have heard good things about their customer service, and their FB page reflects a lot of happy people. Even more reason to be shocked at the email exchange.

Sorry, just to clarify, the question of editing the email you posted was directed at Hockeytron. I thought it may be suggested that the emails, especially the offensive ones were edited.

Edited by team50

Sorry, just to clarify, the question of editing the email you posted was directed at Hockeytron. I thought it may be suggested that the emails, especially the offensive ones were edited.

Ah yes, I'm still a bit confused by the emails too, as far as them saying "you have sent one to Chrisj that was threatening". I honestly have no idea what he's talking about.

Here are the original three emails I sent:

Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 15:38:00 -0800

Subject: Re: Team Order

To: sales@hockeytron.com

PING!

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Chris Jones <ipv6freely@gmail.com> wrote:

> I sent this to cjones@hockeytron.com but no reply, so trying sales@ instead :)

>

> Chris

>

>

> ---------- Forwarded message ----------

> From: Chris Jones <ipv6freely@gmail.com>

> Date: Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 7:32 PM

> Subject: Team Order

> To: chrisj@hockeytron.com

>

>

> Chris,

>

> I was wondering if you guys sell RBK SX100 socks, as well as CCM S100

> socks. We have some guys on our team who don't like the "new style"

> sock.

>

> I want to do a team order of 15 DJ200 jerseys (including logo and

> numbers... the $17 package on your website). I will want navy/white.

> This is a draft of my logo, which I have in vector format:

> http://i.imgur.com/B4DVf.png (one color, just the white screen

> printed).

>

> If you guys have or can get the RBK SX100 and CCM S100 socks, I will

> get those from you too, otherwise I'll have to go to HockeyMonkey.

> We're specifically looking for the Nashville 3rds (the navy/white

> ones).

>

> I work out the cost to be roughly $514 for 15 jersey package #2's plus

> 7 SX100 socks plus 7 CCM S100 socks (I'm not sure if its a 50/50 split

> for who wants old and new - I still need to get the roster of sizes

> and numbers and sock styles).

>

> Can you confirm whether you are able to get the RBK and CCM socks?

>

> Thanks,

>

> Chris

>

I don't see anything threatening in there, do you?

My posts on FB (which have been removed) were things such as "Can you guys check your email?" and eventually "Do you guys want my money or not?".

Again, full disclosure here.

To be clear, Opt, I wasn't suggesting that your tone was deliberately hostile or suspect; I was merely suggesting that, from a certain perspective, the exchange you first posted, and most particularly the "do you guys want my money or not" that was repeated on Facebook, *could* be taken that way. It's by no means the most sensible reading of what you wrote, but there is room to interpret that way, especially if they had been subject to interference (or perceived interference) in the past.

The problem is that even if they had been subject to genuine abuse in the past, this is not the way to handle it. Had they simply apologised for the lost emails (it does happen), offered you something minor and asked to take down the public comments because of the error and their good faith, there would have been little a shill could have said against that, a genuine customer like yourself would have been, I assume, quite pleased, and they would have come off looking smooth as silk.

I can accept that my tone wasn't great at first, for sure. I was simply frustrated that I had money to spend and there seemed to be no effort to accept it.

And yes, it would have absolutely been no problem if the initial reply could have simply been "sorry, we didnt get it for whatever reason. What can we do for you?" But that's clearly not what I got ;)

i think he took you saying you'd have to go to hg or hm for the other socks as "threatening" dont know how one would take it that way, but just my guess

Hmm, could be. Was more just a general statement that if it wasnt something they could order I could just get them elsewhere (since they dont have the CCM socks on their website)

Why don't you call there and get the whole story straight, over the phone... easy fix. E-mails don't seem to have solved the problem. You don't have to order anything just tell them who you are and asked what the deal is.

I have received nothing but excellent customer service from HockeyTron but there will always be that one interaction that goes bad.

I've seen a client and employee argue at a autoparts store and the employee ended up saying "Wanna Take It Outside?". Everyone In the store left and massive complaints were sent. But in the end it was some scumbag ex-con whose people skills are crap.

HockeyTron owes you a considerable apology and to correct the issue by all means.

If by the information provided they do not, I may never shop there again.

Sometimes emails don't get through spam filters etc. Strangers things have happened.

I agree - this is why I don't understand why they couldn't have simply said they didn't get any emails, and offered to help.

Why don't you call there and get the whole story straight, over the phone... easy fix. E-mails don't seem to have solved the problem. You don't have to order anything just tell them who you are and asked what the deal is.

To be perfectly honest, I don't want to do this. There is no excuse for the emails I got. I don't think there is anything they could say to fix this.

I have received nothing but excellent customer service from HockeyTron but there will always be that one interaction that goes bad.

I hear ya... I like to think this is an isolated case. At least, it had better be or they won't last long.

Ah yes, I'm still a bit confused by the emails too, as far as them saying "you have sent one to Chrisj that was threatening". I honestly have no idea what he's talking about.

Here are the original three emails I sent:

I don't see anything threatening in there, do you?

My posts on FB (which have been removed) were things such as "Can you guys check your email?" and eventually "Do you guys want my money or not?".

Again, full disclosure here.

Maybe ChrisJ is of Asian decent and thought "ping" was a derogatory comment towards him. Only way I could take any of that as personally threatening.

Edited by mhkehoe

I can only hope this is an email hack or a rogue employee jerking you around, but posts like these make me think otherwise:

He may have been hired by a manufacturer or another internet company to post. I may pursue court action but then again I may not waste my time.

We have a lot to accomplish and will harm many retailers and manufacturers when we are done. The manufacturing and retail hockey industry is trying to stop us. I am just surprised that one or two consumers are also. They may have hidden agendas. When someone bashes an employee/friend unjustly who I know very well it is not right.

If Chris Jones wants to keep paying 4 times the price for his hockey equipment he can. He emailed us once and never called! Posts lies! etc

I prefer to deal with good, honest people which all our other customers are. We have serviced them to a point that is unimagineable.

They are all cheering for us and so should you!

We have 133,000 + customers that love what we are doing and 1 that doesn't! so far!

As far as posting prices. I apologize that was my first post and I don't know the rules yet. Thanks

You can have a billion positive customer experiences, but one bad is worth a lot more than you may know. I guess there's no point in trying to drive anything home, but the above quote really puts a bad taste in my mouth.

I have a hard time believing it is simply a hacked email address. Main reason being that the series of exchanges spanned both email and facebook and now msh. The email exchange escalated when the initial customer service experience and followup emails were posted on facebook. And then the post here by hockeycrazy... just seems to me that someone at tron, who has issues dealing with customers, didn't want to admit they made an error (by overlooking the initial emails). Maybe they are taking a lot of heat from manufacturers/retailers and it is wearing on them, but they certainly only made their troubles worse by not holding it together. Fergodsakes, why go after a customer that has already posted negative reviews on facebook and yelp?

BTW, I did post earlier about my items I've ordered from tron. I forgot that I actually did deal with their customer service before. I had accidentally submitted my glove order before adding the inline skates for my son, so I emailed them and asked them if they could combine the orders so that I qualified for free shipping. A Chris M. emailed me back within a couple of hours and said no problem... he combined the orders and refunded me the shipping. Just thought I'd add that, while I was slightly disappointed in the items quality, the customer service experience was fine.

I spoke with Chris when we were looking to get cheap jerseys for our school's team. He was a nice guy, and was seemingly going to bend over backwards to help me work with zero budget. The funding fell through, and he was cool with it. I think this whole issue might be someone responding as the real Chris. either way, I am sorry that you had a bad experience and went thought that anguish.

I spoke with Chris when we were looking to get cheap jerseys for our school's team. He was a nice guy, and was seemingly going to bend over backwards to help me work with zero budget. The funding fell through, and he was cool with it. I think this whole issue might be someone responding as the real Chris. either way, I am sorry that you had a bad experience and went thought that anguish.

You honestly won't find a better deal on low-end jerseys. I spent about 3 hours last night trying to find an alternative. The best I found was about double the price for the same thing. :(

Umm...in other news, got my HockeyTron bag. It is awesome and for about $40, was exactly what I needed. Lightweight, non-bulky, handy internal skate pockets and another mesh pocket to carry other items. Very sturdy construction and the outside bottom of the bag has plastic liner to prevent holes.

Looking through that customer service thread...that is just amateur. That person should be fired or at the least re-trained in customer service.

Edited by Doctor Hook

Looking through that customer service thread...that is just amateur. That person should be fired or at the least re-trained in customer service.

They claimed to be the owner...