Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lee-Bro

OEM and Hockeytron

Just about every company does that. Companies aren't going to advertise disfavourable reviews on their site, that's bad business ans common sense.

^ I don't agree with this ONE BIT. Look at a site like Amazon or Newegg. They both post bad ratings and reviews, so that customers aren't misled. I'd bet its GOOD business, since it keeps them from having to process returns on crap products. The transparency is also good for business. Any good hockey retailer should support people leaving bad reviews on bad products.

But, like Chadd said, with HockeyTron, they're selling their own products. Yea, in this case it's bad for business if they allow negative reviews. The problem is that people get a false sense of how good a product is. That's bad for business too. In their case, they'd honestly be better off not posting reviews AT ALL. But since their entire business model is to be shady and sell chinese knockoffs, then fixing the review system is no big surprise and all comments should be taken with a grain of salt.

Not necessarily a knock of HT, just saying you need to consider the motivations and the source when you're reading reviews on a site that is both "manufacturer" and retailer.

With stuff like this you cant believe any reviews unless talking to an unbiased person actually in person or trying the products yourself, i have heard nothing but good things about there visors and in Australia im seeing more and more people using the blades and sticks

With stuff like this you cant believe any reviews unless talking to an unbiased person actually in person or trying the products yourself, i have heard nothing but good things about there visors and in Australia im seeing more and more people using the blades and sticks

Exactly, unless you also see negative reviews, and then you know the reviews aren't BS.

Exactly, unless you also see negative reviews, and then you know the reviews aren't BS.

which I believe everyone on here can speak on behalf of HockeyTron, their stuff is very decent and more than fairly priced.

which I believe everyone on here can speak on behalf of HockeyTron, their stuff is very decent and more than fairly priced.

Yeah, I love their sticks and visors.

EDIT: Nevermind, just beating a dead horse.

Has anyone tried the new "top end" Tron sticks yet?

Edited by OptimusReim

I picked up some of the Tron "dri fit" socks for our tournament team this weekend and love them. They fit much more snug then the RBK edge socks. I put my RBK edge socks on eBay this morning because of it and will be purchasing a couple more pairs of the Tron socks.

I can't say that I am impressed with their new direction of copying the graphics from the high end sticks. I think most of us understand that even if these sticks are in fact made "in the same factories as the big names", these sticks are not Easton RS and TotalOne sticks with a different paint job. I feel like it is meant to boost sales through the quality and performance associated with Bauer/Easton, not their own product craftsmanship.

Originally I may have believed that the company's mission was to provide equipment at a more reasonable cost, but decisions like this make it clear to me that they are deceptively selling knock off products while narrowly skirting legal ramifications. I would be embarrassed to use these look-a-likes.

As if the corny name "TRON" wasn't bad enough, I can't see them ever becoming a respectable low cost manufacturer (like Winnwell).

Originally I may have believed that the company's mission was to provide equipment at a more reasonable cost, but decisions like this make it clear to me that they are deceptively selling knock off products while narrowly skirting legal ramifications. I would be embarrassed to use these look-a-likes.

I'd agree with that. When they had their Tron sticks, it was like okay... another brand selling decent stuff for a reasonable cost. But the knock-off graphics.. yech. Would I use a TRON branded stick? Yes, absolutely. Would I use a stick that looks like a cheap knockoff? No.

That's the main thing I don't get. None of this would even come up in discussion if they would have put their own graphics on their own sticks. Shoot even just paint the stick all black and put a little tron logo on it. I may even buy one of those. But an almost exact copy of the RS paint job....c'mon.

I'd agree with that. When they had their Tron sticks, it was like okay... another brand selling decent stuff for a reasonable cost. But the knock-off graphics.. yech. Would I use a TRON branded stick? Yes, absolutely. Would I use a stick that looks like a cheap knockoff? No.

99% of your posts in this thread have been somewhat critical of Tron either straight up or in a backhanded sort of way. Do you have some sort of personal vendetta against them?

Yeah, their idea of using Bauer and Easton graphics is pretty lame (sounds like a boss didn't think his decision through) but they have plenty of other sticks to choose from with their own original graphics.

That's the main thing I don't get. None of this would even come up in discussion if they would have put their own graphics on their own sticks. Shoot even just paint the stick all black and put a little tron logo on it. I may even buy one of those. But an almost exact copy of the RS paint job....c'mon.

Heck yea, the 405! All black. Love that stick! We also have a couple of guys who are using tron sticks. Even more who are using a tron stick as their backup (not a bad idea, shell out for one really nice top end stick and one tron stick, rather than two mid-line sticks).

99% of your posts in this thread have been somewhat critical of Tron either straight up or in a backhanded sort of way. Do you have some sort of personal vendetta against them?

Well, there's this (its beating a LONG dead horse, but since you asked...): http://www.modsquadh...300#entry910095

But really, no, I have nothing against them. I did at first, but grudges are stupid. I still like what they do (especially the tron-branded sticks, jerseys, socks, and even the protective. The knockoff skates, helmets and sticks though... ugh.), and I'd still buy from them to be honest. I just don't like the owner. Since I don't shop there physically, just online, it makes no difference - I don't have to deal with him personally.

I'm critical of any company that does things I don't like. Tron does some good things and some bad things. To be honest, I'm happy they're there as a "tier 3" supplier (as they'd call it in my industry). They provide a lot of options for the beer leaguers who don't want to spend big dollars for top-end stuff.

Edited by OptimusReim

Hockey Tron copying the design is pretty crappy on there part but what does it really matter if there offering comparable quality sticks at half the price. In the end its just colors and designs and in no way effects the stick performance.

For me the only reason i haven't purchased there sticks yet is because they don't offer intermediate or 75 flex, if your going to avoid them because there design is the same as others then you should really be re thinking the products you purchase, same quality and performance for half the price ( yes so they claim ) any day of the week for me

Hockey Tron copying the design is pretty crappy on there part but what does it really matter if there offering comparable quality sticks at half the price. In the end its just colors and designs and in no way effects the stick performance.

For me the only reason i haven't purchased there sticks yet is because they don't offer intermediate or 75 flex, if your going to avoid them because there design is the same as others then you should really be re thinking the products you purchase, same quality and performance for half the price ( yes so they claim ) any day of the week for me

That is the issue I am talking about. You are not getting the same performance you would from those high price sticks, you are getting the performance expected from a not as popular manufacturer in the $130 price range. You may be getting a better performance per dollar ratio than a product under Bauer's name, but you shouldn't fool yourself in thinking you are getting a TotalOne or RS with an edited paint job at that price. Sherwood, Combat, Base, etc all have offerings in this price range similar to what HockeyTron is offering, and they are still more established names.

People just need to have reasonable expectations when buying these type of products.

That is the issue I am talking about. You are not getting the same performance you would from those high price sticks, you are getting the performance expected from a not as popular manufacturer in the $130 price range. You may be getting a better performance per dollar ratio than a product under Bauer's name, but you shouldn't fool yourself in thinking you are getting a TotalOne or RS with an edited paint job at that price. Sherwood, Combat, Base, etc all have offerings in this price range similar to what HockeyTron is offering, and they are still more established names.

People just need to have reasonable expectations when buying these type of products.

And I think that was exactly my point, that if the sticks were TRON branded, I'd be all over that deal. They aren't helping their business by selling sticks that LOOK like knockoffs.

I'd buy socks or a practice jersey from these guys in a second. I've bought other brands from them. No problems with their customer service. And while the copycatting is distasteful, the real reason I won't buy a stick is just a matter of trust.

All the big and little companies play the advertising game, touting features that may or may not make any difference -- but I trust Tron's statements even less. They're exceptionally nonsensical and often contradictory. And I've noticed major changes in their descriptions before and after the arrival of a product, which suggests they haven't even seen the pre-sale products. Add that to the customer review issue above. If I'm spending over $100 $40 on a stick, I'd like to have some confidence in the description.

I've been to the store many times and have seen most of what they have up close and personal.

They have some really good stuff at good prices including the new 405 and Elite Anchor. I think I would of chose original graphics. But the sticks are a great deal at the $129.99 price. I'm looking forward to seeing their new '100K' stick (true one piece stick).

In summary, many players will want the big brand name over a new company. But who say's Tron won't be a big name in a couple years?

Edited by IceBuckeye88

Since I have been mostly critical of the company, I did want to note that the pro shop at my rink (the only place to buy hockey equipment for about 100 miles) has a bunch of their youth starter kits. Assuming the kid isn't a snob about brand, it is a great way for the rink to help get kids on the rink. Also not a bad way to build a brand long term.

The local rink I play at purchases bulk through TRON, being a friend of the owner I ordered one of these RS lookalikes at a hair above his cost to try it. The worst that happens is I dont like it and I get something else. It should be here Friday or Monday, so if anyone has any questions about the stick feel free to fire away. I would post a review either in this thread or the review section, assuming the Mods would be okay with it.

I dont really care what a stick looks like (i used to use the pink winnwells from peranis!) Im just trying to find a good stick at a good price. Im hoping to like it so that I can stock up at a pretty good price. I only play roller and dek 2-4x a week in a decent skilled league (no jokes please! :laugh: ) with the occasional competitive tournament sprinkled in here and there. So spending $250 on a stick isnt really worth it in my eyes.

I was a tad skeptic at buying tron sticks but they had there 405 (All black carbon fibre weave) on sale one day for 90 bucks so i thought i would try it out. Bought 4 two for me and two for a buddy and i have to say i have been very happy with it shipping was free and delivered to michingan in about 3 buisness days. Been using for about 30 hours now and havent had a problem with it. Super light, great feel, no problems at all. Went back to my x60 last skate just to use it and it felt terrible. Also bought the visor and have no problems with it light and great vision. Just my two cents. Will be buying in bulk once the season starts.

I was a tad skeptic at buying tron sticks but they had there 405 (All black carbon fibre weave) on sale one day for 90 bucks so i thought i would try it out. Bought 4 two for me and two for a buddy and i have to say i have been very happy with it shipping was free and delivered to michingan in about 3 buisness days. Been using for about 30 hours now and havent had a problem with it. Super light, great feel, no problems at all. Went back to my x60 last skate just to use it and it felt terrible. Also bought the visor and have no problems with it light and great vision. Just my two cents. Will be buying in bulk once the season starts.

Damn, good deal. The 405 is fantastic. All my other sticks feel like you're carrying a iron rod in comparison (except my Mako). I'd buy another if they had my flex.

just saying, bought a practice jersey, some socks, tape, outdoor wheels (with their abec 9 bearing) and their 2 $ wheel, sthe order was exact, and the quality seems decent, so except from the fact that they don't offer cheap shells, I'm a pretty camper as of now, will post feedback on the wheels in a month or so...