Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lee-Bro

OEM and Hockeytron

Just a quick question, have you tried the slimfit T90's?

I have not. Do they have a heatley clone (which is why I like the 405 so much, the Jarvis is a Heatley clone)?

Can anyone clarify the differences between the Tron S10, S20 and S30 Visors are?

Need to know if they're specific cuts or what makes them all different from each other.

Any coupon codes happening? Thinking about trying them out.

Thanks!

According to the site, the S10 = anti scratch, S20 = anti fog, and the S30 = anti scratch and fog. The S40's and S50 are different cuts than the S10/S20/S30.

Also, there is a discount code right on the front page of the Tron site.

Edited by steelnation248

Thanks for the visor pic. I got mine today. Here's a couple pics of the visor on my Reebok 4k and one pic of the socks (someone asked about a pic earlier).

http://imgur.com/a/FBAwX#I3MNX

Which model Visor is this one? How is it holding up?

According to the site, the S10 = anti scratch, S20 = anti fog, and the S30 = anti scratch and fog. The S40's and S50 are different cuts than the S10/S20/S30.

Also, there is a discount code right on the front page of the Tron site.

Thanks. Time to give them a shot.

So my new team wears ottawa red jerseys. I need to pick one up, but I'm trying to decide if it's worth going the reebok uncrested route, or the hockeytron route.

The DJ300 replica jerseys are $30. The Tron DJPro jerseys are $40, and the Reebok uncrested are also $40. The DJPro seems kind of silly... I'd just like to see what the quality of the DJ300 are like. I liked the DJ200, so I can't decide. Hmm.

Nevermind, just found a pic of their uniform - they're reebok jerseys.

Edited by OptimusReim

Tron 405 for $80, worth it?

Was waiting for there intermediate sticks but there only 65 flex was hoping for 75 but they bought them into senior instead

I used mine today for the first time. I like it. I have a TPS R10 also and this felt just as light. The blade was a little different. I paid 100 so 80 is cheap.

Tron 405 for $80, worth it?

Was waiting for there intermediate sticks but there only 65 flex was hoping for 75 but they bought them into senior instead

If they made the 405 in a 75 flex I'd be ALL OVER IT

After reading much of this tread i feel like its time to say a few things.

The guy behind Hockey Tron actually has a pretty solid resume. I wouldn't bet against them...

First off when they say "founder of HockeyMonkey" thats a bend of the truth. HawkHockey was a small pro shop in Costa Mesa, Ca (started by this Hockey Tron founder) Thats, it, just a pro shop. It was then bought by the current owner of Hockey Monkey who made it what it is today. After the buy, the store was moved to its current Santa Ana Ca, location and the online store was build to what it is today. Not sure of the other retailer claims they make, i just know that part of the story.

Are there people vouching for this stuff? Seems like it's a new venture. I couldn't find a stick review.

HockeyTron is centered in So California here, and while i work at HockeyMonkey, i see people at all the rinks using Tron gear. I even played a tournament with a Tron employee and he even admitted the gear isn't the greatest. Couple guys were using the Tron 405 stick (copy of the RS) and it was not one bit like the RS. It was a 4x concave shaft geometry, heavier, and there was all sorts of manufacturing deformities in the blade. In addition, both the guys said they weren't nearly as durable. They could have tried a little harder.

Haven't actually been in the store so i haven's seen all the gear but i may take a trip over there sometime soon.

my initial impression on the "copies" was they were just copying the stick graphics and not the stick materials. i also think the durability is lacking quite a bit. broke 3 tron elites in a 5 month span

If they made the 405 in a 75 flex I'd be ALL OVER IT

A few of there senior sticks come in 75 flex right now, trying to think if the 75 flex is worth the extra 30-40 of the reduced price of the all black 405 which only comes in 85, use an Easton ST which is intermediate which is 65 flex which i am finding im not playing as well with compared to by 75 flex Dolomite, stick handling , shooting almost everything is better with my dolomite, not sure if its just because im using a wooden blade on the dolomite but control seems to be 100x better

Think im just going to have to wing it and give the 85 a shot because of the cheap price the 405 is at now, want to try there new shins aswell but there pre order, any ideas of dates?

Is the s30 visor good? At the price I was gonna order two if they are good enough.

I enjoy mine so far. Use it for coaching, etc..so it's not game used. Mom spent too much $ on orthodontic work for me to play without a cage.

heh. im guessing not. I still don't understand why Tron does this. If they had a bag that was very similar and put TRON on it without trying to mimic the original manufacturers graphics, it'd be no issue. Why do they go out of their way to make their products SCREAM "knockoff brand"??

Now, regarding that bag.. assuming they're sourcing them from the same factories the bauer ones are made in, I really like these bags. I have one, and it was great. A bit small, but if you knew how to "tetris" your gear in, it was fine. I just couldn't fit it into my trunk when it was full. A half empty large bag is a lot easier to stuff into a tiny trunk than a completely full small bag.