Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lee-Bro

OEM and Hockeytron

heh. im guessing not. I still don't understand why Tron does this. If they had a bag that was very similar and put TRON on it without trying to mimic the original manufacturers graphics, it'd be no issue. Why do they go out of their way to make their products SCREAM "knockoff brand"??

Now, regarding that bag.. assuming they're sourcing them from the same factories the bauer ones are made in, I really like these bags. I have one, and it was great. A bit small, but if you knew how to "tetris" your gear in, it was fine. I just couldn't fit it into my trunk when it was full. A half empty large bag is a lot easier to stuff into a tiny trunk than a completely full small bag.

Why do they do it? Your post summed it up exactly. With no information, other than the picture, you assume that it's exactly the same bag, made in the same place, made with the same materials.

Why do they do it? Your post summed it up exactly. With no information, other than the picture, you assume that it's exactly the same bag, made in the same place, made with the same materials.

Fair enough, it just seems like an absurd strategy.

I think I mentioned in an earlier post that I'd buy a stick branded TRON, but definitely not one with knock-off graphics, even if it was the same stick. They should stick to the charade that they "make their own" products, I think it would be better for their business in the long run.

I ordered 3 sticks Thursday PM, they ran my credit card, and I still don't have a tracking #. I'm going to call them today, but should I be worried?

Based on a few teammates orders, a personal order, and others interactions with Tron I'd say no. It may be that either they didn't have them in stock and are waiting so they can ship......or are just back-logged. Always worth a call though.

Based on a few teammates orders, a personal order, and others interactions with Tron I'd say no. It may be that either they didn't have them in stock and are waiting so they can ship......or are just back-logged. Always worth a call though.

Yes, I just got out of a meeting and had an email from Chris Santos. They sold out quickly and are offering me something else. I had ordered a Kovalev curve, and they are offering me something else in a Kovalchuk curve. I guess all those Russkies look alike :-)

After reading a few posts about their visors I decided to order a S30 today. Order this morning on the east coast and it's already out the door. Pretty good experience so far. Hopefully the product is as good as what I've read.

Picked up an S30 a couple of weeks ago, been great - and upped to fantastic for the price.

Was going to do another Hockeytron-Aus order, but the sales guy I use to deal with (who was awesome and used to repackage stuff to get the postage down) is gone and so it seems is that level of customer service.

wow that bag.... i wonder if that X is just a big coincidence

[img=http://www.frankvswebfrank.com/images/port_identity_APX.png]

[img=http://i.imgur.com/5vu35.jpg?1]

I bought my kid this bag for thirty bucks from Tron, and never saw the connection, but as you point it out its uncanny.

Either way, the bag is actually nice except for the zipper pulls. Granted, he is eleven and doesn't need a huge bag.

Does anyone have experience with the antiscratch/antifog S30 visor with antifog sprays? I ruined my Oakley by using shampoo and want to know if this visor is as sensitive. I have one on the way.

Thanks

Bought a pair of the Tron dry-fit socks and got the $1.99 outdoor wheel/bearing combos...used a 30% off coupon so it came out to about 17 bucks...ordered em on Saturday night, got them today which I was really impressed with. First impressions on the socks are that there's no difference between them and the EDGE socks. Just getting back into the ice scene again so I needed to replace my five/six year old socks, these seem like they'll do the trick just fine.

The wheels seem like they should hold up alright, don't seem any different from any other outdoor wheels I've had before. Will be interesting to see how they hold up over time...for $1.99 I'm not expecting a ton, but that's alright. I'll probably order from them again.

I use a marker and black out / color out the logo on the sock. They are holding up well with a few pin holes and board burns after about a year of use once a week each pair.

I use a marker and black out / color out the logo on the sock. They are holding up well with a few pin holes and board burns after about a year of use once a week each pair.

That's probably what I'll do to it too...I was hoping it was vinyl or something you could take off, but a marker should do the trick.

• Like 1

That's probably what I'll do to it too...I was hoping it was vinyl or something you could take off, but a marker should do the trick.

I wear them backwards, the logo ends up somewhere in the crease of my knee.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="donkers" data-cid="948511" data-time="1356016451"><p>

I just tape over the logo.</p></blockquote>

This. The logo falls right into the tape channel on my 9k's. Can't even tell they are Tron when they get taped up

I've tried a few items myself just looking around to save some cash:

*Their socks are nice, I agree the logo is horrible looking tho

*The locker bag and it's a nice bag especially for the price, I know there's been durability questions on it but my bags get used and abused (my son plays goalie in one league so that bag gets rotated between me and his goalie gear)

*The Tron jerseys are great for the price...my team ordered half a dozen with numbers for sub jerseys for our league

*Visor is awesome, I use it on my practice helmet..if I played full time with a visor I'd order a dozen just in case they raise the price

*The 405 stick is interesting, it's light but I think it's too light to be functional, it feels dead when the puck is on it and It really just doesn't feel solid at all so I've never used it in a game. I might one day to see how it holds up, since I'm not that big on it if it breaks I won't be too heatbroken

They've been good to deal with, most items arrive within 2 days and I'm in the Chicago area.

I

*The 405 stick is interesting, it's light but I think it's too light to be functional, it feels dead when the puck is on it and It really just doesn't feel solid at all so I've never used it in a game. I might one day to see how it holds up, since I'm not that big on it if it breaks I won't be too heatbroken

totally agree. i noticed it immediately coming from a TPS R10. the blade had no oooomph to it. pucks bounced off it. i ended up getting a warrior widow on sale around xmas and i love it. the 405 is backup.

Since that post I've put the 405 to use in a game to see how it holds up to game play. It's seen action now in 4 games and I'm shocked at how cheap it feels but how durable it is. I play forward and I generally play in pretty high traffic area's in the corners and front of the net. The stick has been banged, knicked, landed on a few times by multiple people and has held up to the abuse as good as any stick, the blade has some knicks in it but no chipping and I couldn't find any chipping anywhere else on the stick. So I guess if you can deal with the stick being too light and the feel being dead it will hold up to abuse.

Is the fuse point on your 405 kind of sloppy? The two I have had weren't very clean, and had what looked to be a patch over the fuse point. The first one I had held up well but the second cracked in the middle of the patch after one use.