Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lee-Bro

OEM and Hockeytron

Well they shipped it in a flat rate box, And I've used flat rate boxes before and there is not much postage needed for that. You pay for the shipping , slap on the address and tracking and its done.

And yeah, he shows me a little bill with the amount due on it. I don't get a receipt though cause i usually just hand him cash and send him on his way.

Idk.. I think the only time i wasnt asked for money at my door was when i exceeded $100 in my HT order and they cover the shipping for free.. But so far, everytime its a "small" order like a visor or a 4500 helmet, Ive been asked to pick up the remaining tab on the shipping...

It just like it makes too much sense that its Hockeytron whose doing this instead of my mailman/local PO...

Edited by IDoezIt

I'd contact your PO first to see what they say and if it is legit then call Tron to complain. I'd never give someone cash. At least with a check you can stop payment.

Thought that I would give the Tron 405 a shot. Ordered it on Sunday had it on Friday. Got it for under 100.00 with the 30% off. Im going to use it on Sunday and will report back. Didn't care for the Tron graphics so I removed them. I'm 6'3" 225 with a BIG slapshot so this should be a good test for this knockoff......

tron003_zps5a877c3d.jpg

tron002_zpsca1ca714.jpg

tron001_zps47e58c3b.jpg

Edited by norwood

I really wish they had kept the 405 all black instead of slapping knock-off graphics on it.

Agree 100%. They also raised the price from the 405 to the 405xs, despite the only difference being the yellow accents.

Agreed on the 405...part of the reason I gave the stick a spin was it being all black. Btw not that anybody cares but I've put the 405 back in play and in three playoff games it has taken a beating and still holding strong. I'm not sure how they got a stick so light to be so durable.

Agree 100%. They also raised the price from the 405 to the 405xs, despite the only difference being the yellow accents.

Costs money to print in more than one colour! :P

Agreed on the 405...part of the reason I gave the stick a spin was it being all black. Btw not that anybody cares but I've put the 405 back in play and in three playoff games it has taken a beating and still holding strong. I'm not sure how they got a stick so light to be so durable.

Me too. I wouldn't buy one of the new ones. Hell, I wouldn't even mind if it just said "TRON" like their other sticks. But knock-off graphics are a real turn-off.

I agree though that the 405 is super light and super strong, but absolutely zero puck feel. If you're a grinder and not a finesse player (or a total noob, like me), it's the perfect stick.

Though at the same time... for the price, I think you can definitely do better.

Edited by OptimusReim

Yeah feel is horrible. IM not a puck carrier or danger kind of guy but even I still can't get past it. I think a lower end clearance stick would still be a better buy unless you are really set on something cheap and light weight.

Puck feel is fine IMO, still no match to a wooden blade but it's not as if you cant feel the puck at all on the stick. I'm more of a finesse player but also a grinder and I have no troubles feeling the puck on my stick and I'm playing with an inline puck. Past 4 games using this stick I have 12 goals 8 assists. Main advantage from this stick is just how light it is, going from a 600gram stick to 400grams makes a big difference.

I have never used RS or any other top end sticks unless you count the SE16 and I like the feel of the 405XS more then any other stick I have used. Would like it to be all black but overall it has nothing to do with the overall performance. For me my game has gotten better since dropping to a lighter stick, also the lie is a lot different which seems to have worked for me aswell

Edited by BucksAway

Thought that I would give the Tron 405 a shot. Ordered it on Sunday had it on Friday. Got it for under 100.00 with the 30% off. Im going to use it on Sunday and will report back. Didn't care for the Tron graphics so I removed them. I'm 6'3" 225 with a BIG slapshot so this should be a good test for this knockoff......

How is that curve legal holy smokes. It looks like a hook haha.

Puck feel is fine IMO, still no match to a wooden blade but it's not as if you cant feel the puck at all on the stick. I'm more of a finesse player but also a grinder and I have no troubles feeling the puck on my stick and I'm playing with an inline puck. Past 4 games using this stick I have 12 goals 8 assists. Main advantage from this stick is just how light it is, going from a 600gram stick to 400grams makes a big difference.

I have never used RS or any other top end sticks unless you count the SE16 and I like the feel of the 405XS more then any other stick I have used. Would like it to be all black but overall it has nothing to do with the overall performance. For me my game has gotten better since dropping to a lighter stick, also the lie is a lot different which seems to have worked for me aswell

I would think this stick would have better feel with an inline puck because it's a lighter puck made out of different material. The ice puck, while you can tell it's there it just has this dead feel to it. I can't really explain it any other way than that. It's hard to feel where the puck is on the blade. Given how durable the blade has been on the thing I would guess it has something to do with the weight being removed from the stick with a combination of the really stiff blade not having any type of give to it.

I grew up watching the Hull's and Makita and this is nothing compared to what they used. Funny thing is its not really even that close to being illegal by today's rules. So much of how large a stick measures is based on where the curve is. The nearer the curve is to the heel of the stick and the degree of open really influence the way a stick will measure. It seems now days that NHL players either curve their sticks at the heel or out on the tip like Hossa or Ovie. There is NO WAY that Ovie's sticks that I have seen are legal. 3/4 inch curve is the rule today. A penny is just a hair smaller then 3/4. Try this with your Ovie or Hossa and you will see what I'm talking about.
Rule 10 - Sticks

10.1 Player’s Stick - (see 10.2 for goalkeeper) The sticks shall be made of wood or other material approved by the League, and must not have any projections. Adhesive tape of any color may be wrapped around the stick at any place for the purpose of reinforcement or to improve control of the puck.

No stick shall exceed sixty-three inches (63") in length from the heel to the end of the shaft nor more than twelve and one-half inches (121/2") from the heel to the end of the blade.

Requests for an exception to the length of the shaft (only) may be submitted in writing to and must be approved by the League’s Hockey Operations Department prior to any such stick being approved for use. Only players 6’6” tall or more will be considered for exception. Maximum length of a stick granted an exception under this rule is sixty-five inches (65”).

The blade of the stick shall not be more than three inches (3") in width at any point between the heel and ½” in from the mid-point of the tip of the blade, nor less than two inches (2"). All edges of the blade shall be beveled (see 9.6). The curvature of the blade of the stick shall be restricted in such a way that the distance of a perpendicular line measured from a straight line drawn from any point at the heel to the end of the blade to the point of maximum curvature shall not exceed three-quarters of an inch (3/4").

stick_diagram_zps3d66412c.gif
penny001_zpsa619d4f2.jpg
The Larmer below is a Sherwood 5030 and is a LOG compared to today's stuff
GAME USED LARMER ON BOT- CHELIOS ON TOP
larmer002_zpsb7729b87.jpg
larmer006_zpsa8fea066.jpg
Edited by norwood

A few months back, I got an email from Tron and was able to pick up an S20 visor for less than $20 shipped. Thing fit right on my Easton S9 helmet with out a problem. Vision is not obstructed at all, and have had to fogging issues what so ever. Will definitely be getting another Tron visor when I upgrade helmets at the end of the year. About a month ago I picked up a Tron Heat PV stick for 70% off, so like $65 shipped vs the $150 retail price. This is the first OPS i have ever owned, so cant compare it to anything else, but this thing is super light, and the few wristers I have taken with it in my garage have returned good results. even with a street hockey ball, you can feel the contact between the two really good. Haven't played any games with it, so cant really say anything about durability, m hoping to get a season or two of roller out of it and I will be happy.

My experience with hockeytron has been that

• if you need some sort of quality, like protectives, wheels, bearings, ops, skates,stick tape... look elsewhere,
  • but for practice jerseys, training gear (weight balls) water bottles, socks... it's a good resource.

Fact of the matter is: if price is your only standard, go there, if you have any other expectations, look elsewhere.

Edited by romdj

I'll add my voice as one of the dissenters.

I had 2 of the DJ200 jerseys and was pretty underwhelmed. I got a large and it seemed pretty tight. I wore it for a few pickups, and it started to get runes in the material after only 3 or 4 skates. I emailed them and they were really quick and friendly about replacing it, and even let me go up a size. The replacement jersey started getting runs after not very long as well.

At the same time I bought an LE standard blade, again because of the price. As people have mentioned it had poor feel, and despite being labeled a PM9/modano "clone," it was different enough that I didn't bother using it long. I don't have it in front of me, but it was noticeably more open, even when looking at it on its own and not directly comparing it to more established companies.

Jerseys and blade were inexpensive and the service was good, I just didn't like the product. I'd rather spend the extra money and and get a product I know is quality and reliable, than cheap out and get something that's "good enough."

• Like 1

No experience with the 100k, but the 405/405xs isn't a bad stick if you get lucky enough to get a good one. Quality control is a major issue with their "high end" sticks. Super light weight (405 grams) and great balance, but durability is a major concern. I loved the two 405's I had, but one lasted me one game and the other lasted about two shots.

I managed to turn both into shafts though, which I have been extremely happy with. The fuse points are really visible mostly due to their poor construction in that area, and accept standard blades quite easily. Finding a blade that isn't going to feel super heavy in it is a bit of a challenge, but with an APX blade thrown in there they feel better than the stock 405 one piece stick. The shaft kicks hard and is bulletproof.

Edited by TeamHonda401

Have any of you guys tried out the tron 100k stick, kind of wondering about the feel and durability. Plus on their site it says that the stick shoots harder than any other stick out to date, which I kind of think is bs cause I bet the rbz shoots way faster than this. Or maybe they were just talking about tron sticks in general, saying this shoots harder than any other tron stick out to date? I don't know, lol.

Edited by Zjack38

I like them for the little stuff. Can't beat the pricing with 30% off available all the time. I try to find excuses to by right about $100 worth of stuff to get best value w/ free shipping, and I've never been disappointed. I have yet to try the sticks or shafts, but I probably will in the coming season.

Ordered a pair of jock shorts, socks, and practice jersey. They called to tell me they were out of stock on the shorts in my size, and bumped me to the comparable bauer shorts for the same price.