Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lee-Bro

OEM and Hockeytron

Agree with previous statments regarding product reviews and insight. The old site had reviews but not on new one. Personally I'd like to see more color options on the bags.

Just ordered the x19 stick off Hockeytron. Has anybody used this stick? I've ordered the Tron LE (compared to S16) for dirt cheap, although, I never used it because it's too blade heavy, and nothing like the S16 in my opinion. I also ordered the Elite Anchor, but because the mid-heel blade pattern is typically out of stock, I've only used the stick in free skate sessions. The X19, had the mid-heel curve, and if it feels and shoots like the Mako, i'll definitely be happy with it for actual games.

I actually purchase from Hockeytron quite often. All reviews below are based on inline hockey.

Elite gloves: Awesome feel and durability has been great. No rips in the palm which has been my Achilles heel with gloves.

Elbow Pads 80-90: Haven't used them yet. My current jersey is tough to pull over the pads so I've been waiting until my team is ready to change logos and get better jerseys.

Tape & S10 Pucks - Pucks are great for practice and open hockey. I will always prefer IDS pucks for games.

Tera HZ indoor wheels: Great price. Great results. The grip doesn't fade nearly as fast as some of the higher end wheels. The wheels are cheap enough to replace when needed, especially with specials they always have running.

I think I buy more Phat tape than anything else from hockeyTron.

I was going to purchase the high-end Tron inline pants, but I just had a coupon for the high-end Valken - expecting that with the x19 order.

**My only bad experience with HockeyTron is that I ordered the Tron 80-90 gloves in the wrong size, sent them back and never received them back in the right size. (my mistake for not including shipping for them to be returned and getting Ben's messages a little late) I was able to contact them and the plan was to add them to an order I just placed over the web. I received my order order receipt as well as the receipt for the new order which actually had the elbow pads added as if I was purchasing them again. Both orders showed up on my bank statement as holds, and eventually the more expensive order went through. I was supposed to be credited back that amount, but I don't think that has ever happened. I don't recall seeing it on my statements.

Being able to use multi-coupons would be great. Would be an easy way to take advantage of the 30% off without having to call and get the order changed.

We really (me especially, since 75% of the calls I receive are about this) want to be able to have our website allow multiple, non-overlapping coupons as well, but we are limited by the confines of our website software. We just upgraded to this much more capable system in May-June, and have been working with the software company to attain this capability. It will definitely be something we will have in the future.

Testing is very expensive, but also vital to provide you the consumer with faith that we do what we say we do. It really is just a matter of gaining enough funds to be able to put our products through the required government testing.

I didn't realize you all wanted more pictures and videos and the likes. I will see what I can do about getting some more up there for you. Maybe I can convince one of the better looking-than-I members of our staff to talk about the features of some of our items. What do you think, sticks first?

I noted down that you guys want better wheels and more variation. I will talk to our production side of things and see the feasibility of a new line.

Tgwl: Please let me know, PM or whatever, what was going on with your order. I really want it resolved to your exact satisfaction. On rare occasion, something slips through the cracks, but it is my duty (my crew feels the same way) that we make every error right. Don't be afraid to let me know if you think we made an error; fixing them is how we become the best hockey company around!

the videos dont need to be some massive production, just 60-90 second clips that go over the product, maybe some motion on gear pieces, up close shots, etc. One big thing I love about some sites is these videos. I know a lot of the stuff they will talk about is marketing or technical jargon, but the main thing i want to see is how will these pieces look etc more than a photo would show.

Hockeytrons unfortunate drawback is that you do not have retail equipment, as far as i know, in Michigan, so I cant just go to any store and try on your shoulder as an example, but these videos could give me enough of an idea to make an order and hope that if i dont like the fit, the return policy will be easy.

I finally found after trying a few that the sakic/hall blade is my preference. I just got a couple of basic composite blades and so far I'm liking them a lot. Only used it a few times so I'll see how they hold up in time. At the same price point as the abs blade I'll take the composite all day long.

I also have a few of the middle of the line jerseys and I like them a lot. For $9 after the coupon it can't be beat.

The pucks make great practice pucks as well although I too prefer the IDS puck and that's what my indoor league uses as well.

Sorry, guys and gals, we have been super slammed here as hockey season gets fired up again. As soon as I finish getting all these orders (questions, returns and the like) handled, I will see what I can do about getting some more pictures and maybe even reviews on our website.

Edited by HockeytronBen

Beedee: Will do! He just got back from vacation; it is good to have him back!

Neo5370- You are breakin' my heart! You know how much blood, sweat and tears we are putting into making Tron a great brand? My boys work so hard to make that Tron branding on the side of each item mean something great!

To answer your question, though, we have no plans to make unbranded items.

Beedee: Will do! He just got back from vacation; it is good to have him back!

Neo5370- You are breakin' my heart! You know how much blood, sweat and tears we are putting into making Tron a great brand? My boys work so hard to make that Tron branding on the side of each item mean something great!

To answer your question, though, we have no plans to make unbranded items.

Totally understand. Just curious though, why the name "Tron"? I don't mean to knock you guys, but, it sounds pretty cheesy. Though I am very interested in some of your gloves. On another note, any interest in making a high end intermediate shaft?

Ever wonder who named Hockey Monkey? Same guys.

Remember, these are real flesh and blood people making the decisions on how to make this company great (including naming the company), and the Tron in Hockeytron was intended to evoke the images of pro-hockey on the Jumbotron (I imagine this is a TM.)

This company is a family, a group of guys that have been together for 15 or more years. Chris Malki, Chris Jarvis, Chris Bozek (too many Chris'!) and a few others (including the late Don Thomson, may he rest in peace.) As for myself, I am a relative newcomer to the group , though my close friend was a part of this group for many years and vouched for me when I applied for this position. It is a wild ride everyday, but we cover each other to make sure this daunting task is handled to a very high standard of excellence, getting better all the time!

I hope this puts a real human face on what otherwise might be assumed to be a nameless, faceless corporate entity. We are not, nor do we ever intend to be. You want that, go to the other guys. You want heart? We got heart!

As for the intermediate shaft, it is one of those things that is on the agenda, but we are prepping for the launch of our new high end skates, and has been put on the back burner until after launch. Keep your eyes on the website for updates!

Edited by HockeytronBen

Interesting info on the name. The only thing that ever came to mind on the name was the old movie Tron, so in my head I'm picturing the guy from the movie in his glowing video game attire (that used some hockey gear to create). Thanks for clarifying it.

• Like 1

Thanks for clearing that up because honestly the name Tron, makes me think of the movie, robots, or an electronics knock-off company. Glad to hear that int shafts are in the works.

Interesting info on the name. The only thing that ever came to mind on the name was the old movie Tron...

Same here. I think a lot of us never made the connection they were thinking of.

Anything else like that I can answer questions about?

First off, I've tried quite a few of your products (socks, sticks, visors, tape, etc.) and have been pleased with the quality and results. Keep up the good work!

Any plans for tapered shafts or blades? I think you could make a killing on tapered 405 blades.

Also, any idea when you may be getting more of the Eggshell DJ100 jerseys in Large or XL? I have been watching for a couple months now and they haven't been restocked.

Thanks.

Thank you for the compliments, they really do inspire us to work that much harder to come out with cool products you guys and gals like!

Unfortunately, we will not be getting anymore Eggshell DJ100's in. They were in actuality a mistake in the production from one of our old factories which did not color match our white jerseys correctly. We decided it was not worth it to ship them all back, so we offered them as Eggshell to our customers who wanted something a little different. As such, though, we will not be getting anymore in the future.

When life gives you lemons...er..eggshells....

As for the tapered shafts and blades, what do you all think? We haven't sold that many tapered anything of any brand in a long time, so we were thinking interest was waning in tapers in general. Am I wrong?

Edited by HockeytronBen

As for the tapered shafts and blades, what do you all think? We haven't sold that many tapered anything of any brand in a long time, so we were thinking interest was waning in tapers in general. Am I wrong?

Tapered shafts/blades aren't offered as much anymore. When they were essentially the same shafts/blades as those in OPS it made sense to make it available as a two piece. With the new style OPS construction, there is no similarity to benefit from. Most people looking to save money just buy a standard shaft or a cheaper OPS now. And this is coming from someone that used tapered two piece sticks for a long time. Personally, I think it's the best combination of value and performance. Unfortunately, it doesn't make sense financially.

Agreed, you need to realize that MSH isn't a good representation of the market. There are many of us on here who appreciate a good two-piece, myself among them, but the reason as to why they're disappearing is very obvious.

Of course, if you want to convince your bosses to create demand for 2-pieces all over again and bring it back from its journey to the grave, that would be interesting to see as well.

For me, the blades are hard to come by. I'd be ecstatic if you guys made tapered blades.

Harrow has 11 curves for $50 a pop and they usually have most of them in stock

Thank you for the compliments, they really do inspire us to work that much harder to come out with cool products you guys and gals like!

Unfortunately, we will not be getting anymore Eggshell DJ100's in. They were in actuality a mistake in the production from one of our old factories which did not color match our white jerseys correctly. We decided it was not worth it to ship them all back, so we offered them as Eggshell to our customers who wanted something a little different. As such, though, we will not be getting anymore in the future.

When life gives you lemons...er..eggshells....

Bummer about the jerseys. My team was looking to do an alternate jersey this year for when we play teams that have a similar color scheme and I had them sold on the eggshell; it's something different and it's got a vintage look to it. Oh, well...

Regarding the tapered shafts and blades, although I prefer one-piece constuction to two-piece, I do like the balance and puck-feel of a good two-piece combo. Fused one-pieces and tapered two-pieces are interchangable in my opinion, but when you consider the price point of high-end tapered shafts and blades, most people would probably just spend a few more bucks and go for the one-piece.

As someone who takes a lot of slap shots, I have experienced duribility issues with standard hosel blades and true-taper one piece sticks. Also, when it comes to two-piece sticks, I feel like I have a quicker release with a tapered combo. It's completely personal preference and I am sure there are plenty of people who will disagree with me, but this is what I have found after a lot of experimenting. I will take a high-end tapered shaft over a high-end standard shaft any day of the week, but I find their price points and the availabilty of blades a bit prohibitive.

I feel that if Tron had tapered options available at your usual consumer-friendly price points, that could be a game changer.

Edited by leftwinger37