Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lee-Bro

OEM and Hockeytron

Well, we've got two possibilities here. Either we hear something different from management, or we don't. Whichever it is, it will tell us something.

more than likely that was management, which is prolly a 20 something nephew or relative of the person that owns the business.

behavior like we've seen isn't tolerated anywhere, let alone in a job where customers are your lively hood..

When the same thing happened to me (see page 13 of this thread), the guy threatening me claimed to be the owner. I can't say one way or another whether that was true, but that's what they said. So I'm not holding my breath on any management in here clearing anything up.

wow, opt...i just read and tried to quote the whole thing (page 13) but it wouldn't let me...i will just copy/paste it., and it's easy to miss in this convoluted thread.

again,..i don't have any answers to any of this,or the e-threats, and can't even begin to think ":why" they act like this. only thing that comes to mind is that they want to bait and switch,..or they operate at such small revenues on certain items they don't want to spend any time fixing issues or care if they sell at all. it's sad because i believe most of their customer use hockey tron because it's less expensive. but it obviously this comes at a price for the customer.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/55178-oem-and-hockeytron/page-13?p=910095#entry910095

Edited by Gummer12

When the same thing happened to me (see page 13 of this thread), the guy threatening me claimed to be the owner. I can't say one way or another whether that was true, but that's what they said. So I'm not holding my breath on any management in here clearing anything up.

Well, this seems to fit with your experience.

Well, this seems to fit with your experience.

Yep, and when I went back to earlier stuff in this thread, I saw that Hockeycrazy was kicking even back then, but I don't remember anything really nutty like this new stuff.

If Ben is still around, he must be embarrassed.

It seems safe to conclude at this point that Ben's friendly and engaging posts - which really made a compelling case for HockeyTron and whose posts here convinced me to give them a second look - constitute the exception rather than the rule. I'd guess that Ben is either outranked by whoever Hockeycrazy is (funny that this guy calls others out re: anonymity yet hasn't stated his own name) or that he has wisely moved on from what is clearly not a good work environment for a sane and well-meaning person. That there has been no damage-control from Tron after 48+ hours says more than any of Hockeycrazy's posts have. It's funny, I was just thinking of a DIY project that would require some spare performance fabric to wrap around some padding. Now I know that between my Tron jersey and socks, I've got plenty fabric to sacrifice, because I don't have any other use for them anymore.

• Like 2

It seems safe to conclude at this point that Ben's friendly and engaging posts - which really made a compelling case for HockeyTron and whose posts here convinced me to give them a second look - constitute the exception rather than the rule. I'd guess that Ben is either outranked by whoever Hockeycrazy is (funny that this guy calls others out re: anonymity yet hasn't stated his own name) or that he has wisely moved on from what is clearly not a good work environment for a sane and well-meaning person. That there has been no damage-control from Tron after 48+ hours says more than any of Hockeycrazy's posts have. It's funny, I was just thinking of a DIY project that would require some spare performance fabric to wrap around some padding. Now I know that between my Tron jersey and socks, I've got plenty fabric to sacrifice, because I don't have any other use for them anymore.

there hasn't been any damage control because they don't care. i have a very hard time wrapping my finger around their psychology for acting and behaving like this. if these concerns/incidents were made available in other hockey forums for people to see, and they were also placed on yelp and other depositories and review sites, they might be more prone to do something..as of now, they'll just delude themselves into thinking we're problem customers in isolated cases.

one thing i do know. this thread shows that the behavior by them is not isolated. and it will only take a customer that's more off kilter than them, or one that's tired of dealing w/ bs and snap. to call them on the things they said, and then it would make the local news "man punches other man over 10 dollars..loses tooth" or if they try this stuff w/ a real nut case it will be national; news and a tragedy wil occur......there's always somebody more crazier than you, willing to do whatever it takes.

there hasn't been any damage control because they don't care.

Or maybe because no one else at Tron is aware of this issue yet. Perhaps we should be a little more patient with them. I mean, after all, wouldn't we expect the same in kind?

I'm not saying that either party is right or wrong. I'm just saying that we could exorcise a little more patience before we release the hounds of hell.

Or maybe because no one else at Tron is aware of this issue yet. Perhaps we should be a little more patient with them. I mean, after all, wouldn't we expect the same in kind?

I'm not saying that either party is right or wrong. I'm just saying that we could exorcise a little more patience before we release the hounds of hell.

Having been in customer service for over 30 years, it is hard to believe someone can be this flip; however, I did work with a bloke who was rude, the rumours about him were even wilder than the truth, yet he had a full book with a month long waiting list.

There are a lot of businesses out there that manage to do quite well, despite the way they do business and treat customers. It can be quite amazing.

Let's set aside the bullying tactics, the childish behavior, and sheer stupidity of not only treating a customer so poorly but making a concerted effort to do so publicly on what is probably the largest relevant online forum. Let's forget, for the sake of argument, that this very thread undoubtedly drove a lot of site traffic and business to HockeyTron early on and that for every person commenting, there are plenty more just reading this in disbelief.

The biggest issue here, in my mind anyway, is this:

We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.

- from http://www.hockeytron.com/Privacy-Policy/

To take someone's personal info (I know, names and not addresses, etc. but still.. really??!!) and post it to another website is beyond the pale and probably illegal - and it's happened multiple times!! I've bought from Tron before, but certainly not again. I wouldn't entrust my information with these people after seeing this.

Edited by McDugan
  • Like 1

Wow. The uniform buyer for the high school hockey league I coach for (she's also the mom of one of my players) buys jerseys from Tron for the teams that don't want to go full custom. I'm going to show her this thread. I have a feeling that she will be going elsewhere for hockey jerseys next season.

Hmmmm. Really disappointing to see that the account has been verified as an employee of sorts. Ive had nothing but awesome experiences with both the employees and the products. Ive had to change two of my orders before post invoicing and had no issues. Ben has been awesome and I was someone who encouraged him to jump on here since they got such a bad rap. Wish they would jump on here and explain it, but it seems at this point that its legit and they dont want to respond. Shame!!!

The product has been great for the price. Sticks, socks, and tape all perform really well for super cheap depending on the time of purchase (coupon deals rock).

how are the Tron S40 Aviator Hockey Helmet Visor and

icn-file.gifspacer.gif

Tron S30 Anti-Scratch/Anti-Fog Hockey Helmet Visor (Clear) v

vs the bauer hs22? i do not like that new clip in bauer

For the money, their visors are one of the best deals on the market. That being said, I'd have a hard time telling someone to buy a Tron product after that fellow had his little melt down on here. It's amateur hour over there at Tron.

• Like 1

`I have to agree with Junkyard above ^....Either buy from them or don't, but everyone here does not need to know your decision here. "Actions speak louder than Words".

Or do what some may actually be doing: buy from there, take advantage of ridiculous bargains and curse yourself for doing so!

j/k