Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rinkrat94

Easton EQ5 skate

i wear a pair with tuuks and double thick tongues, they are beauts. fit me well, cut a little lower than my bauers. any specific feedback you'd like to hear?

Main concerns are how they perform on the ice and how they hold up. Thanks

i wear them pretty much every other day, other skate is one100. the switch between the two is fairly seamless, no discernable weight difference or performance gap. they are as stiff if not more than the bauers. on the ice i dont think about them, which is a good thing.

durability wise, they are pretty built, have no issues after heavy use for 3 months.

are you considering a pro skate or one of the canadian/euro models? just want to make sure we're talking apples to apples and you are getting accurate info.

fyi the eyelets absolutely eat laces

i wear them pretty much every other day, other skate is one100. the switch between the two is fairly seamless, no discernable weight difference or performance gap. they are as stiff if not more than the bauers. on the ice i dont think about them, which is a good thing.

durability wise, they are pretty built, have no issues after heavy use for 3 months.

are you considering a pro skate or one of the canadian/euro models? just want to make sure we're talking apples to apples and you are getting accurate info.

Canadian/euro model

Do they mold to your foot well? I am getting the Canadian/euro model.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but my feeling is that you’re buying it online, if this is correct then fit, proper size and stiffens factor are all up in the air as guess work. If that is the case may I suggest the EQ80. If this seller has your size then it would be the best bargain out there on a high end skate.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EASTON-SYNERGY-EQ80-SENIOR-HOCKEY-SKATES-SIZE-10-D-NEW-/300507622066?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f7a66ab2

Cheers

EQ80???? I'm pretty sure the EQ50 isn't even out yet, this has to be either a scam or one of those weird products that manufacturers sometimes release under strange names to certain budget stores only. As far as I know the only EQ line of skates that has already been released had the EQ3, 4 and 5, but they seem to have not been widely released for some reason. The EQ10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 should be coming out soon, never head of an EQ80.

Well I can only go by the specs the seller provided; his feedback is good enough to be legit. The newer line of EQ50 is not SMU, but it does contradict identical names to SMU stuff like the EQ40.

Cheers

Clicking on the link it sounds like an EQ4 with a different tongue and liner, if so I guess that's a pretty good deal if you happen to be a 10D who fits Easton EQ skates well. Just seems real sneaky/weird to me to name it the EQ80 when it is in fact a lower-end skate than both the EQ5 and the upcoming EQ50.

Canadian/euro model

Do they mold to your foot well? I am getting the Canadian/euro model.

Ya buddy, bake em up and they mold perfectly. Good liner and footbeds, the venting system in the outsole helps keep em on the dry side as well. Best of luck if you pull the trigger.

Ya buddy, bake em up and they mold perfectly. Good liner and footbeds, the venting system in the outsole helps keep em on the dry side as well. Best of luck if you pull the trigger.

Thanks for all your feedback, it was really helpful.

I just noticed these are only $250 at the monkey and I'm in the market for new skates. Can anybody comment on how they've been holding up?

I got them, I love them, durability has been good but only been using them for a month and about 17 skates on them. Make sure they fit your feet before you buy them. They are stiff and have a wide toe cap, so if you are on the light side these skates might not be for you.