Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
elpresidente99

Custom Glove Gallery (questions and answers)

Hello!!

I want to buy a custom Warrior franchise but doeas anybody if there is a way to get em to europe. Second i want a durable but super feeling palm which would you choose i would love to go with mustang but i'm afraid to went through it too fast. Which foams would you choose for best protect but not goung to bulky.

THanks

My mustang palms have held up fantastically, I would highly recommend them, but they do require that you take care of them (as with any hockey gear).

Pro Stock Hockey Gear does ship to Europe for any of their items and they have a bunch of custom warrior franchises orders going out (pre-made designs), I would contact them about shipping the gloves.

As for foams, any are fine IMO.

I noticed it because anybody has a photo of there team made warriors in green from the last year and now and ther you see a big difference. If it is a quality step down? I can't say. But maybe the owner of the green gloves at this page.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3659-custom-glove-gallery/page__st__2205

To uclaHockey.

how often do you play at week, i play 3-4 times a week. I take care of all my hockey gear.

Edited by elpresidente99

Yeah, I remember seeing that in those posts too.

The new material feels a little different and it seems a bit rougher and a bit off in terms of color (my red doesn't quite match the redwings red I have in my pro stock gloves). I'm not sure about the durability but will let everyone know if the new gloves begin to break down. The other thing I noticed was that the "warrior" isn't screened on like it was before, it's applied through this raised up tacky compound, should hold up better but looks a little different.

UCLA, is there any extra procedure for caring for the mustang palms or tips you can suggest to prolong the life of them? I'm thinking about getting those on my next customs. Oh, and pics of them please.. in the gallery I guess.

My mustang palms have held up fantastically, I would highly recommend them, but they do require that you take care of them (as with any hockey gear).

Pro Stock Hockey Gear does ship to Europe for any of their items and they have a bunch of custom warrior franchises orders going out (pre-made designs), I would contact them about shipping the gloves.

As for foams, any are fine IMO.

if you go through PSHG don't expect to get any mods such as a Hossa cuff. I asked for it on my last pair but didn't get it. trying to get the problem fixed but Warrior Canada (not to be confused with Warrior USA) apparently doesn't respond to emails.

No real secrets to maintaining the mustang palms. As with any gloves you should try to air them out properly (not in direct sunlight and not using hair dryers and stuff like that) and some like to use shaving cream on the palms to keep them soft. I also you sportstape on the butt of my sticks so its a little less abrasive than standard tape.

I would post some pics up in the custom thread but the gloves I just ordered are relatively plain, so I'm waiting until another pair comes in and I'll post a couple up at once.

if you go through PSHG don't expect to get any mods such as a Hossa cuff. I asked for it on my last pair but didn't get it. trying to get the problem fixed but Warrior Canada (not to be confused with Warrior USA) apparently doesn't respond to emails.

Any suggestion on where to order from to get the Hossa cuff done?

UCLA, post them any way! Custom gloves are custom gloves!!! Do it!

• Like 1

Yeah i'm on the way to order a plain glove too but that's just me. Which options do we have with the cuff. Whats the advantage of the hossa cuff. THe blooming cuff looks a little bit long and here there is now way to try them. I want a narrow one, is it comparable to eagle ppf sizewise.

I really want to go with mustang but i'm afraid. My Bauer xxxx pro was done in one season and here in my neighbourhood nobody can repalm them.

As for the cuff, you can order:

Blooming cuff, standard cuff (cuff used previously to this year), hossa cuff (shorted undercuff that allows for better wrist movement), Savard Cuff (one piece cuff). You can also shorten the cuff on many of these as well.

The narrow franchises are very comparable to eagle ppfs.

Have you tried the standard micronash palm? It's fantastic and is durable. It does develop pilling sometimes but it's a great palm.

As for the cuff, you can order:

Blooming cuff, standard cuff (cuff used previously to this year), hossa cuff (shorted undercuff that allows for better wrist movement), Savard Cuff (one piece cuff). You can also shorten the cuff on many of these as well.

The narrow franchises are very comparable to eagle ppfs.

Have you tried the standard micronash palm? It's fantastic and is durable. It does develop pilling sometimes but it's a great palm.

Which cuff would you prefer for best movement but not that short so there is a big whole between elbowpad and cuff.

The hossa and savard would be the shortest of the bunch. The non-blooming standard cuff is great, but not nearly as mobile as the hossa or savard (but, the non-blooming cuff is free while the other two are $60).

I'll post the pics up of my gloves in a sec in the other thread.

Any suggestion on where to order from to get the Hossa cuff done?

UCLA, post them any way! Custom gloves are custom gloves!!! Do it!

I believe Ice Warehouse is good at accommodating special requests. the big thing is that you want to go through a retailer that uses Warrior USA rather than Warrior Canada. Joe at Warrior USA is awesome when it comes to customer service. he couldn't help with my gloves since they went through Warrior Canada but he did help me with some other Warrior related issues that I had.

Edited by shoeshine boy

I believe Ice Warehouse is good at accommodating special requests. the big thing is that you want to go through a retailer that uses Warrior USA rather than Warrior Canada. Joe at Warrior USA is awesome when it comes to customer service. he couldn't help with my gloves since they went through Warrior Canada but he did help me with some other Warrior related issues that I had.

Absolutely agree with the above from shoeshine. Joe at warrior is great, but he's limited to custom orders in the states only.

Perfect, I'm in the states, so that is no problem. Thank you guys for the info. Does any one have pics of the standard cuff mentioned above? Want to compare that to the hossa cuff. Thanks guys

They're in the show it off section right now, I just posted the gloves pics. Or, send me your email and I'll send you a couple more detailed photos.

Edited by uclahockey707

Glad that was clarified. I was thinking about placing a couple orders through PSHG but have been working with Joe at Warrior on a couple things. As it has been mentioned here a number of times, Joe at Warrior is great to work with. Nothing but good things to say about their customer service.

Another +1 for Joe. He was super helpful on my 2 pairs that I ordered.

There are custom colors also, Vancouver Blue being one of them.

I never knew what to call the cuff on my Ducks Franchises, but Now I know "Savard cuff". Love it.

Here is a question though. Can you still order a custom pair with the old style thumb as well? If they offer the old style cuff, I assume they can do the old thumb too. Anybody know?

Edited by Brian Harte

I'm guessing that glove #1 does not have the lock thumb and glove #2 does. I have yet to try on a Warrior glove with the 'Savard' cuff but that is what I will be ordering.

Both gloves have the full plastics and all that crap.

Trust me, the new thumb is different than the old thumb.

Also, I know this thread isn't for pictures, but I wasn't sure how to explain without the photos. Sorry sorry.

Delete them if needed.

Edited by Brian Harte