Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
elpresidente99

Custom Glove Gallery (questions and answers)

Got this message back about them..

Hi, exterior colors are black, dark brown, dark green and light green. The palm is grey and the interior liner is dark grey. Thanks

- desertshark15

So probably not Franchises, but maybe MIAs.

those familiar with this thread may remember my issue with my latest pair of Franchise customs, Kovalchuk clones that I ordered through PSHG and asked for but never got the Hossa cuff. Joe from Warrior USA suggested that I contact Warrior Canada directly and see if they could do anything about it. over a month later I finally received a reply:

Hi,

Unfortunately at this time we can't do any custom additions that are not available online. This also includes sending the cuff at a later date as per your request.

We are working on adding the Hossa style cuff and other options onto the customizer, but at this time, they aren't available.

Have a nice day,

Warrior Canada

considering that Warrior USA is perfectly capable of granting these special requests this reply is just mind-boggling to me!

I actually e-mailed him too about the camo "warriors" and he told me that they are Franchises. I'm wondering if it's possible to get the antimicrobial liner, but in a different color? Or he could just be completely mistaken.

I actually e-mailed him too about the camo "warriors" and he told me that they are Franchises. I'm wondering if it's possible to get the antimicrobial liner, but in a different color? Or he could just be completely mistaken.

There was a period where both MB22s and Franchises could be bought without the Silvershield liner.

those familiar with this thread may remember my issue with my latest pair of Franchise customs, Kovalchuk clones that I ordered through PSHG and asked for but never got the Hossa cuff. Joe from Warrior USA suggested that I contact Warrior Canada directly and see if they could do anything about it. over a month later I finally received a reply:

Hi,

Unfortunately at this time we can't do any custom additions that are not available online. This also includes sending the cuff at a later date as per your request.

We are working on adding the Hossa style cuff and other options onto the customizer, but at this time, they aren't available.

Have a nice day,

Warrior Canada

considering that Warrior USA is perfectly capable of granting these special requests this reply is just mind-boggling to me!

I emailed Warrior Canada as well and got the sameish answer. What a load.....

So I am thinking about going down the Warrior road again for the second time... I currently have 14" Narrow's with Hossa cuff and find them a little too short for me.

Has anyone/does anyone know if Warrior does custom finger lengths? I was thinking of getting 15" wides but with 14" fingers and the Hossa cuff... Figured I would ask here before bothering Joe/Warrior.

When I was doing test fits of the retail glove I found that the standard 14" with the blooming cuff was the proper length for me, but the Hossa cuff really chops a lot of cuff off. I need the Hossa cuff for wrist mobility though (the bottom wrist guard).

Another pair? Man i know how you feel when you drop so much $$ on a pair, but there is just a slight "thing" that is off with the gloves. Which case your heart is telling you to get the proper fit.

If you are thinking of biting the bullet again, just ask Warrior Joe, he's a cool guy, plus he will know your order and make sure it's correct.

So got the answer to my questions today... I emailed Joe yesterday essentially asking for the following:

-15" wide

-Hossa cuff

-Shorter fingers (use 14" length)

The reply Joe gave me was generally that that glove would end up exactly with what I have currently in terms of fit (other than narrow vs. wide). I emailed back for clarification assuming that the only difference between the 14" and 15" Franchise is the finger length and the upper cuff length. The body, side guard, thumb and cuff roll are identical dimensions from what I guess.

Joe suggested I look into the Savard cuff instead, but the inside/bottom wrist guard really bothers me on that glove.

Can those with the Savard cuff comment on your ability to bend the wrist down?

PS/EDIT - Look for some interesting changes on the customizer in May ;)

Edited by Gefiltefish

I emailed Warrior Canada as well and got the sameish answer. What a load.....

That and the huge price increase between Canada and the U.S.

Considering they are made in Canada then ship to the states.

To the people 'upset' about not being able to get a Hossa cuff, or this cuff, or that mod based on the PSHG customizer...come on guys, you can't be serious about this, can you?

You guys are either simply burying your head in the sand or you're trying to exploit the system. The price on PSHG's Warrior glove customizer is CONSIDERABLY lower than what you would pay going through, say, an IW or Monkey, or (insert store name here). But you guys think you're entitled to the same types of labor intensive mods but pay considerably less for it? Come on.

The 'custom' specs you are paying for with the PSHG customizer are: Color, Palms, Gusset, Name and Number, all on a stock spec'd glove. If you guys want custom finger lengths, custom cuffs, custom whatever, then go through a retailer and pay what it 'actually' costs to have done.

EDIT: When you guys are building your custom Warrior gloves, and it's keeping that running retail tally at the bottom of the page, you honestly thought you could get that same glove that says $350 for $200?

Edited by halfmoonyote

You guys are either simply burying your head in the sand or you're trying to exploit the system. The price on PSHG's Warrior glove customizer is CONSIDERABLY lower than what you would pay going through, say, an IW or Monkey, or (insert store name here). But you guys think you're entitled to the same types of labor intensive mods but pay considerably less for it? Come on.

I think their real gripe is that if PSHG went through Warrior USA they would be more than happy to accommodate these requests even for the added price but Warrior Canada doesn't even want to.

I think their real gripe is that if PSHG went through Warrior USA they would be more than happy to accommodate these requests even for the added price but Warrior Canada doesn't even want to.

But PSHG is based in Canada. So, what sense would it make for them to have that same partnership with Warrior USA?

That said, there isn't a shortage of US retailers that will accommodate people for their gloves.

simple solution would be to not use PSHG then right? I mean if you want the extras that bad they know exactly where to go. besides it's not like all these people are playing high end hockey and need these mods and it's been said multiple times by people who have both cuffs that the mobility is all the same no matter what cuff you get. it seems to me more people want the cuffs to say they have them, not to actually help their wrists mobility.

I never thought that I was going to get the Hossa cuff for no upcharge in price. I stated very clearly to PSHG that I was willing to pay the upcharge. they said that they would ask but couldn't guarantee. fair enough. my gripe isn't with PSHG, my gripe is with Warrior Canada. there is absolutely no reason that they shouldn't be able to accommodate these requests at time of order for the extra charge as evidenced by the fact that shops going through Warrior USA are doing the work for the extra fee. it sounds like Warrior will be adding cuff options to the customizer in a few months so maybe it'll all be moot anyway.

if/when I order another pair of Franchise customs I will be going through a shop that deals with Warrior USA. Warrior Canada clearly has some customer service issues evidenced by the fact that it took over a month for me to get a reply. I paid over $250 for my gloves so I expect better customer service than 5 weeks to reply to an email.

But PSHG is based in Canada. So, what sense would it make for them to have that same partnership with Warrior USA?

That said, there isn't a shortage of US retailers that will accommodate people for their gloves.

I think the real beef is with Warrior Canada, not PSHG. Why should Canadians have to order through Warrior USA to get fully customized gloves? It makes no sense.

simple solution would be to not use PSHG then right? I mean if you want the extras that bad they know exactly where to go. besides it's not like all these people are playing high end hockey and need these mods and it's been said multiple times by people who have both cuffs that the mobility is all the same no matter what cuff you get. it seems to me more people want the cuffs to say they have them, not to actually help their wrists mobility.

Couldn't agree more with this post, well said.

I never thought that I was going to get the Hossa cuff for no upcharge in price. I stated very clearly to PSHG that I was willing to pay the upcharge. they said that they would ask but couldn't guarantee. fair enough. my gripe isn't with PSHG, my gripe is with Warrior Canada. there is absolutely no reason that they shouldn't be able to accommodate these requests at time of order for the extra charge as evidenced by the fact that shops going through Warrior USA are doing the work for the extra fee. it sounds like Warrior will be adding cuff options to the customizer in a few months so maybe it'll all be moot anyway.

if/when I order another pair of Franchise customs I will be going through a shop that deals with Warrior USA. Warrior Canada clearly has some customer service issues evidenced by the fact that it took over a month for me to get a reply. I paid over $250 for my gloves so I expect better customer service than 5 weeks to reply to an email.

I think the real beef is with Warrior Canada, not PSHG. Why should Canadians have to order through Warrior USA to get fully customized gloves? It makes no sense.

Not specifically aimed at your SSB.

To b33f - I think what you're missing here, and perhaps lost in all of this, is that I sense PSHG has a deal with Warrior Canada for 'stock custom' gloves, if that makes any sense. Meaning, the price is the price is the price, but it only includes the things I mentioned above, with a small upcharge for Number and Palms. That said, a Canadian customer can probably go through a Canadian retailer (The Hockey Shop, MajerHockey, etc) to get a truly custom glove done. (lengths, cuff, etc.)

To b33f - I think what you're missing here, and perhaps lost in all of this, is that I sense PSHG has a deal with Warrior Canada for 'stock custom' gloves, if that makes any sense. Meaning, the price is the price is the price, but it only includes the things I mentioned above, with a small upcharge for Number and Palms. That said, a Canadian customer can probably go through a Canadian retailer (The Hockey Shop, MajerHockey, etc) to get a truly custom glove done. (lengths, cuff, etc.)

Ya, I guess the post I quoted earlier was referring to PSHG. I was personally just referring to Warrior Canada. I understand what you are saying though, and I agree. There is clearly some sort of deal between PSHG and Warrior Canada, cause that PSHG price is pretty decent.

Couldn't agree more with this post, well said.

Not specifically aimed at your SSB.

I don't know, I don't read the reply I got from Warrior Canada (posted on the previous page) that way at all and if that were the case why wouldn't PSHG just tell me that instead of saying, "we'll ask but can't guarantee."? as previously stated it seems like a customer service problem on Warrior Canada's end.

I don't know, I don't read the reply I got from Warrior Canada (posted on the previous page) that way at all and if that were the case why wouldn't PSHG just tell me that instead of saying, "we'll ask but can't guarantee."? as previously stated it seems like a customer service problem on Warrior Canada's end.

To be honest, I think PSHG's customer service is flat out horrible. But that's a different thought for a different thread.

The pair my wife had done for me she tried to get digital palms and they told her no digital palms because there were certain parameters to what could be ordered. Digital isn't even an exotic palm. That led me to believe that the whole PSHG Warrior Custom Program was just stock gloves with your choice of color and limited number of upgrades. (the price of the whole deal was my first inclination)

And it could be a number of reasons why they aren't just flat out saying it's a packaged type thing, and I'd just be speculating if I took a guess why. But on the surface, it would take something away from the allure of ordering 'custom' gloves.

Edited by halfmoonyote

Has anyone ever ordered custom Warriors in a color that is just offered in one material in another. Ex: Vegas gold carbon in Vegas gold tufftek?

PSHG's customer service has been very good from my dealings with them. I've bought gloves and pants from them and every time had a fairly quick answer to any question I had. Also as one not wanting to commit to over $300 for custom Franchise gloves right now (may still pull the trigger at some point though...) I did take a good look at their "stock custom" Creepers. I ordered a pair of them and they came in to PSHG last week. PSHG notified me immediately that the colorway wasn't correct... not sure if they didn't get the order filled out correctly or if it was a mistake when constructing them but there were stripes not done in the correct color. I was asked to look at pics of them and make a choice of yes or no. I opted to decline and they then immediately reordered them with the right stripe color. I asked about making a change to the thumb color at that time... they said they were unsure if Warrior Canada would do that or not but would try to get it for me. Either way it's not a huge deal for me as the main glove color and stripes will be what I wanted, and I'll get the palms and mesh gussets too which I want to try out at a very reasonable price. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to post up pics of the new gloves.

PSHG's customer service has been very good from my dealings with them. I've bought gloves and pants from them and every time had a fairly quick answer to any question I had. Also as one not wanting to commit to over $300 for custom Franchise gloves right now (may still pull the trigger at some point though...) I did take a good look at their "stock custom" Creepers. I ordered a pair of them and they came in to PSHG last week. PSHG notified me immediately that the colorway wasn't correct... not sure if they didn't get the order filled out correctly or if it was a mistake when constructing them but there were stripes not done in the correct color. I was asked to look at pics of them and make a choice of yes or no. I opted to decline and they then immediately reordered them with the right stripe color. I asked about making a change to the thumb color at that time... they said they were unsure if Warrior Canada would do that or not but would try to get it for me. Either way it's not a huge deal for me as the main glove color and stripes will be what I wanted, and I'll get the palms and mesh gussets too which I want to try out at a very reasonable price. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to post up pics of the new gloves.

Steve, I assume your talking about the tbl ones because they aren't on the site.

Are they going to order the correct ones?

Steve, I assume your talking about the tbl ones because they aren't on the site.

Are they going to order the correct ones?

Yes, that's right. I was eager to get them and as soon as they showed up I was contacted to advise the blue stripes were done in the dark navy color incorrectly. They've reordered them and hopefully it won't take long to get them at this late in the season. They (PSHG) could not guarantee that Warrior Canada would do the thumb in blue though... but that's not a huge issue for me. I'd only wanted the correct stripe colors to be corrected for me to accept them. When you get on the customiser and add it up the deal through PSHG is very good all in all.