Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
elpresidente99

Custom Glove Gallery (questions and answers)

Well the fit depends on a couple things. What model Warriors are you looking at? The Franchise and the Creepers fit differently. The Franchise gloves have been described as fitting more box-like and having a traditional fit. The Creepers fit much tighter to the hand - they are designed to fit the contour of your hand. You can also order the Franchises in a narrow fit which will have a tighter fit to your hand. The best advice is to try them on if you can get your hands on each to test the fit and find your preference.

As an owner of both custom Franchises and Creepers, I would say that the Creepers really do not fit tighter to the hand. They're as roomy as the Franchise in my experience. Just a different cut. It is not like comparing Bauer 4 rolls to Vapor X60s. Volumewise, Creepers are pretty large, definitely roomier than Narrow Franchises.

Definitely Franchise. I prefer 4-rolls. With a roomier fit, too. I never really cared for any of the conforming fit gloves. I know I wouldn't like Creepers; I bought a pair of Hitman gloves on clearance and absolutely hated them.

As an owner of both custom Franchises and Creepers, I would say that the Creepers really do not fit tighter to the hand. They're as roomy as the Franchise in my experience. Just a different cut. It is not like comparing Bauer 4 rolls to Vapor X60s. Volumewise, Creepers are pretty large, definitely roomier than Narrow Franchises.

In my experience, the Creepers fit my hands tighter than the Franchises. Not "much" tighter...that's a typo, my mistake. Of course, as with every piece of equipment, your body part size as well as preference and previous experiences play into your impressions of the equipment.

In my experience, the Creepers fit my hands tighter than the Franchises. Not "much" tighter...that's a typo, my mistake. Of course, as with every piece of equipment, your body part size as well as preference and previous experiences play into your impressions of the equipment.

Well, I was expecting the Creeper to fit more like the Hitman did and they don't. The Creeper is a big glove. If someone read your description and were expecting a contoured, tighter fitting glove like the X60, the TotalOne, one95 (or the Hitman), they're going to be sorely disappointed. The Creeper is as wide across the back of the hand as the standard Franchise. I have a pair of custom Hitman and THEY'RE much tighter fitting and conform more to the contour of the hand. The Creeper looks like the Hitman, but the dimensions are quite a bit larger.

Well, I was expecting the Creeper to fit more like the Hitman did and they don't. The Creeper is a big glove. If someone read your description and were expecting a contoured, tighter fitting glove like the X60, the TotalOne, one95 (or the Hitman), they're going to be sorely disappointed. The Creeper is as wide across the back of the hand as the standard Franchise. I have a pair of custom Hitman and THEY'RE much tighter fitting and conform more to the contour of the hand. The Creeper looks like the Hitman, but the dimensions are quite a bit larger.

+1 for Gr8erade. Absolutely agree, my creepers from day one fit very similar to the franchises.

Just received my gloves back from Eagle. I had them add inner back hand padding and black mesh gussets. They turned out great and I can really feel a difference in temperature. Very happy with how they turned out.

(Sorry for the camera phone quality pics)

20599923.jpg

28366557.jpg

54277960.jpg

Very true, which is why I did not compare them to the Hitman or the X:60. As I said, in my experience the Creepers fit tighter to the hand than the Franchises. The Franchises have a boxy feel and are quite loose around the wrist. The Creepers are much cozier to the hand and are, as you said, also loose around the wrist. I said the Creepers fit tighter than the Franchises, which in my case is 100% true. We can agree to disagree on our personal opinions of fit and can continue the discussion in PMs if you would like. As I said in my original post, you need to try on each pair to determine which fit you find most comfortable and to find your personal preference.

Hmm. Maybe I'd dig the Creepers. I had pretty much written them off due to the Hitman thing. If it's not super snug I probably should give them a shot. Either way, I'd probably prefer four roll anyhow since that's what I'm used to. So, are the 13's in a Franchise similar to a Bauer 4-roll 13"? Or do they run larger/smaller? And has anyone taken the plunge on Easton 800s through PSHG and know how they compare? Can't argue with another Canadian made custom glove that's 60 bucks cheaper...

Very true, which is why I did not compare them to the Hitman or the X:60. As I said, in my experience the Creepers fit tighter to the hand than the Franchises. The Franchises have a boxy feel and are quite loose around the wrist. The Creepers are much cozier to the hand and are, as you said, also loose around the wrist. I said the Creepers fit tighter than the Franchises, which in my case is 100% true. We can agree to disagree on our personal opinions of fit and can continue the discussion in PMs if you would like. As I said in my original post, you need to try on each pair to determine which fit you find most comfortable and to find your personal preference.

Why would it be at all helpful to anyone to disagree over pm? You basically quoted Warrior's description of the creeper, when in reality, the glove has just as much volume as the standard franchise and measures exactly the same across the back of the hand. The rolls are cut to a more anatomical design but the current creepers are not a tight fitting glove at all. But you're right, I'd suggest people try them on first too. Then they would see which one of us is correct. :wink: The only way the creeper is going to feel "much cozier" on anyone else's hand is if they previously been wearing a standard franchise with the padding cut out from the back of the hand.

Edited by Gr8erade

Hmm. Maybe I'd dig the Creepers. I had pretty much written them off due to the Hitman thing. If it's not super snug I probably should give them a shot. Either way, I'd probably prefer four roll anyhow since that's what I'm used to. So, are the 13's in a Franchise similar to a Bauer 4-roll 13"? Or do they run larger/smaller? And has anyone taken the plunge on Easton 800s through PSHG and know how they compare? Can't argue with another Canadian made custom glove that's 60 bucks cheaper...

The creepers aren't super snug at all. They're a very wide fitting glove. I don't find franchises to fit like bauers either due to the amount of soft padding bauers have inside the glove that franchises don't. I also find that Bauer 4 rolls seem to have shorter feeling fingers. They feel differt on. You'll also feel differently in a narrow versus standard width franchise. Try them on. Or find a place you can return easily. I'm not a fan of the fit of Easton 800s. They just didn't feel right to me.

As for Hitmen and Creepers, here's the Hitmen:

IMG_0711.jpg

and here's the Creeper. You don't even need to stick your hand in the glove to tell there's a big difference in the fit.

IMG_0702.jpg

Edited by Gr8erade

Why would it be at all helpful to anyone to disagree over pm? You basically quoted Warrior's description of the creeper, when in reality, the glove has just as much volume as the standard franchise and measures exactly the same across the back of the hand. The rolls are cut to a more anatomical design but the current creepers are not a tight fitting glove at all. But you're right, I'd suggest people try them on first too. Then they would see which one of us is correct. :wink: The only way the creeper is going to feel "much cozier" on anyone else's hand is if they previously been wearing a standard franchise with the padding cut out from the back of the hand.

I offered to continue the conversation in PMs to stop clogging up this thread with a useless debate over the fitting of the glove. I said the Creepers were made to fit the contour of the hand which is true. With this design they fit differently than the Franchises and are much cozier to the hand as I said. You can continue to tell me that I'm wrong as much as you would like, but I have worn both gloves and know how they fit my hands.

Maybe it just depends on what year model Creepers? I just got the "newer" Creepers from PSHG and they are wide fitting.

I offered to continue the conversation in PMs to stop clogging up this thread with a useless debate over the fitting of the glove. I said the Creepers were made to fit the contour of the hand which is true. With this design they fit differently than the Franchises and are much cozier to the hand as I said. You can continue to tell me that I'm wrong as much as you would like, but I have worn both gloves and know how they fit my hands.

You find providing information on how a glove fits in a "questions and answers" thread useless?

Okay. :rolleyes:

Well, I think that telling people who are thinking about plunking down $200 on a custom glove that I disagree with your assessment that "The Creepers fit much tighter to the hand - they are designed to fit the contour of your hand." An assessment, which frankly, is just a regurgitation of what IW website says and not very accurate.... Then of course you clarified that to say "tighter" not "much tighter." That clarification wouldn't have happened if I hadn't disagreed, so you would have left bad information here for other people to find. Pretty unhelpful in a questions and answers thread, huh? And since it seems like at least two other people who have also recently actually purchased custom Creepers seem to agree with me and disagree with you, I'd say that this might be actually pretty helpful to anyone reading this thread and seeking ANSWERS from people who actually have ordered and own a custom Creeper glove (something which, apparently you have not done). Especially since the Creeper is a discontinued glove and people can't just run to the local store and try them on for size.

Maybe you should learn not to take disagreement so personally.

Edited by Gr8erade

Creepers do not fit like an anatomical glove (they aren't even comparable to vapor xxxx or the supreme line of gloves).

My pair (14") is very loose and I have large hands that don't fit many, if any anatomical 14" gloves.

As for your question about the bauer 4 -rolls vs. franchises, the 4 rolls have a lot more cushioning on the back of the hand and in the fingers and are about 2-3 times as heavy, and as Gr8 said, they have shorter fingers.

Edited by uclahockey707

I think warrior must have changed the fit of the creeper at some point........I have a pair of custom creepers that are a few years old and say mia on the thumb logo. They're tighter than a pair of vapor xxxx's IMO

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy350/rscorcoran/n885360601_3538557_16781.jpg

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy350/rscorcoran/20379_1326856256878_1395086648_9169.jpg

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy350/rscorcoran/20379_1326856296879_1395086648_9169.jpg

Edited by bostonjuniorblackhawks

Maybe you should learn not to take disagreement so personally.

I take it personally when you tell me I am wrong about my personal experience with a glove. I secede to your overwhelming knowledge of how my hands fit these gloves. I don't know what IW has for a description on their page but it's pretty common knowledge that the Creepers are cut to the contour of the hand holding a stick. And I would be sure as hell to read tons of reviews and make sure I tried each glove on before I even considered the idea of ordering a $200 custom pair of gloves. If anything, my explanation should be a sign that you need to try each glove on before you buy because we clearly have opposing opinions of fit.

I'm pretty sure I disagreed with your description of how the glove fits. I'm not the only one. I don't think I took issue with your perception of how they fit on your hands, even if it sounds like your expertise comes from trying them in a store.

I'm pretty sure I disagreed with your description of how the glove fits. I'm not the only one. I don't think I took issue with your perception of how they fit on your hands, even if it sounds like your expertise comes from trying them in a store.

Nope, my experience comes from actual ice time with each glove.

Nope, my experience comes from actual ice time with each glove.

Great! And if I cared more, I'd wonder why if that were so, you resorted to IW's description of the glove. But I don't. The true purpose of my replies has been to clarify what you said. And I'm quite confident that nobody reading this thread is now going to be surprised when they order a Creeper and don't get a contoured, "very tight fitting" glove as you described them to be.

Have a nice day.

I have custom 14" Creepers that are new... as well as 14" narrow and 14" standard Franchises. The Creepers fit IMO a bit more tight than the standard Franchises do. In time I presume they'll loosen up a bit and fit will be very close. The narrow Franchise is a very snug fit; more so than even my 14" Vapor XXXX gloves and some snug Hudler pro return Vapor X:60 gloves that are supposedly 14" but are maybe closer to 13" in reality. With all that people had said I'd expected the Creepers to have a more snug fit but they didn't.

Great! And if I cared more, I'd wonder why if that were so, you resorted to IW's description of the glove. But I don't. The true purpose of my replies has been to clarify what you said. And I'm quite confident that nobody reading this thread is now going to be surprised when they order a Creeper and don't get a contoured, "very tight fitting" glove as you described them to be.

Have a nice day.

I think you've proven your point about the current fit of the creeper. Just curious if you have any experience with older ones?

I think you've proven your point about the current fit of the creeper. Just curious if you have any experience with older ones?

I had a pair of carbon retail ones, but couldn't tell you when they were actually made. When I received the custom ones, I was surprised at just how large they were so my perception of what I was getting could have been colored by both the earlier pair of Creepers I no longer had, and those custom Savard Hitmen that I have. I didn't recall those retail Creepers as being particularly tight fitting either, but I'm positive that I don't remember them as being as cavernous as the ones I got from the Custom shop. I may not be completely right about this analogy, but I do have examples of all four of these, so I'd say that those Savard Hitmen and the narrow Franchises are similar in hand width, while the Creepers and the standard Franchises are similar in their width.