Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

twiztidwrista10

Hockey Hats!

I don't know if this has been covered at all but my "hats" search didn't turn up anything. I'm a Avs fan and over the last few days I've been looking for a cool, throwback, fitted, flat-bill Quebec Nordiques hat. My search spurred me to start a topic to share thoughts, questions, and pictures of your favorite hockey hats. These are some of my favorites I'm considering so far:

nefretroclassquenorroy.jpg nefteamjerseyquenorroyr.jpg p8668053dt.jpg p9021384dt.jpg quebecnordiquesne.jpg

I can't really decide on one, any suggestions? Ideally I want one with the standard Nordiques logo on the front and the fleur de lis on the back. I'm just not insanely crazy about any of them, so I was thinking about getting these sick Nordiques jersey patches...

ecou.jpg

Could a tailor/seamstress sew these on a blank New Era 5950? Thanks. Share some pics, thoughts, ect!

Ugh...throw a curve in the bill. I will never understand the flat billed baseball cap.

I feel ya man. I own probably 20+ hockey, golf, ect. hats and only one of them is a flat bill. I bought a Puma monoline flat bill last year and the look has slowly grown on me since then.

www.ecapcity.com

for anyone looking for nhl new eras

Oh my gosh that site is awesome.

I just wish that they would make "on field" NHL hats. The regular 59/50s look weird when you bend the brim.

I just wish that they would make "on field" NHL hats. The regular 59/50s look weird when you bend the brim.

pujols.jpg

I disagree, thats exactly how they're supposed to look.

pujols.jpg

I disagree, thats exactly how they're supposed to look.

I agree with you. I bend all of my brims appropriately. I was just saying that the On Field 59/50s fit better than the regular 59/50s (the ones with the New Era logo on the side and are usually made in absurd colors) which tend to bubble up in the front when you bend the brim because they are made for that flat brim look.

I can't stand the recent snap back influx. Literally everyone wore one at Mac Miller

Seems like everyone started wearing them at the beginning of this school year, and most of them dont listen to Mac. I'm the only one that is really into his music that wears a snapback.

Nope, you just have to be willing to break them in. It really does take some time to get them that way ever since they switched to the new brims... but they to eventually shape up.

I'm picky about my hats. New Era doesn't have a very good sizing standard which is why I will never buy one online. I usually do the wet it and wear it till it dries technique to have the perfectly molded hat. Works better on some hats than others, depends on the material. But you're right, the more you wear and sweat in it the better it fits.

I'm picky about my hats. New Era doesn't have a very good sizing standard which is why I will never buy one online. I usually do the wet it and wear it till it dries technique to have the perfectly molded hat. Works better on some hats than others, depends on the material. But you're right, the more you wear and sweat in it the better it fits.

Exactly why I don't own any nhl new era hats....

I'm in love with the old vintage nhl snapbacks with the short brim and high crown but I can't find them anywhere!! Can someone point me in the right direction?

5 hours ago, lgleason13 said:

I'm in love with the old vintage nhl snapbacks with the short brim and high crown but I can't find them anywhere!! Can someone point me in the right direction?

I would try Lids (website or in-store).  Depending on where you are in New England, try Olympia Sports as well.