Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Used my RPD shifts tonight for the first time. great skates. was worried about the all 80s as I have been skating on vanguard HiLo for about 5 years now. turning radius was nice and tight and my speed def. increased. great product all around.

• Like 1

I went from 80/72 hi-lo to all 80's Labeda Hum'er.

It was extremely awkward for maybe an hour. Took me a couple more hours to really get to 110%.

I was very skeptical at first but I do not regret the change.

What's the difference between the Shift and Team? Is it just the quarter construction? How's the durability on them? I have no problem with the price of the Shift, but if the durability is on the short side it's hard for me to justify it. I play 2-3 times a week and coach 2 times a week.

What's the difference between the Shift and Team? Is it just the quarter construction? How's the durability on them? I have no problem with the price of the Shift, but if the durability is on the short side it's hard for me to justify it. I play 2-3 times a week and coach 2 times a week.

I think the better comparison is the Shift and the Max. The Team is not in the same league as the Shift or Max. Based on how much you play, you would be better getting the Shift. The Shift skate is a pro level skate with the cost savings being in the Chassis, wheels, and liner (verse the Max).

Correct Kovalchuk. Our boots, when heat fitted, allow for a EE foot to fit in our skate. I have a fit a EEEE width player in one of our boots.

I like this concept, but what about width where the toebox meets the boot. I get bother here in most skates, other than my ee width vapors.

Hi guys, I ordered some new RPD Comp skates a week ago. Wanted to make sure I get the correct size as we have roller league starting here in NorCal this week. Pretty much every shoe I am US size 12, also my ice skates, Bauer 8090 is size 12 (D).

I know Alkali recommends ordering 1 to 1½ size smaller skate than your shoe size. I also called IWH to confirm this was correct. So I ordered size 11.0. Didn't work in my case: when I received the skates they were definitely too small: I know the heel would sit further back if I baked them but they would still be small even after baking. Frustrating.

I returned the skates and found CA7 lightly used in size 12.0. These are slightly large but at least they fit, seems like 11.5 would be a perfect size for me. Too bad those Comps don't come in half sizes. I noticed the Alkali footbed (uncut) in these CA7s is about ¼ inch shorter than the boot, is this normal?

Edited by tume

Finally got to try my RPD team pants last night and I love them. Super lightweight and the elasticity in the material means they never feel like you're restricted in any way.

I currently have a size 8ee bauer supreme one80. Would I want a 8,8.5 or 9 in the alkali skate? I wear a size 10 shoe.

the post before you supports everything that I have found out / experienced for Alkali sizing. You will most probably want to get a 8.5 but it all depends on how your one80's fit you. If you were in a D and your toes feather the toe cap then a 8.5 is for you. However a EE is slightly longer and if your toes are a really close feather then you might have to get a 9.

Thanks for the feedback. I think it sounds like 8.5 is the way to go. With my Supremes I feel like I could be down in a 7.5 and they'd fit perfectly. I also wear thick socks and I'd like to move to something a bit thinner.

Big step up!
I really like the placement of the RPD logo and the overall design.
looks like the chassis has been slightly modified as well.
I'm just glad theres been some actual changes and not just cosmetic changes like the new Mission line.

The wait is going to kill me but i'll be ordering a pair as soon as they become available.

• Like 1

Big step up!

I really like the placement of the RPD logo and the overall design.

looks like the chassis has been slightly modified as well.

I'm just glad theres been some actual changes and not just cosmetic changes like the new Mission line.

The wait is going to kill me but i'll be ordering a pair as soon as they become available.

It looks even better in person than in the pic. The new quarter and liner on the top two PP's look and feel great.

They should be worth the wait.

• Like 1

I’ve been using my RPD Max for a couple months now and I am very happy with them. Honestly, I was skeptical of the ability of the skate to form to my narrow forefoot, but just like Justin said, through baking they wrapped around my foot nicely. The all 80 setup does have a little more grip that hilo which I’ve used for the last 15 years. I haven’t noticed any more speed from all 80. The all 80 setup is flatter pitched than hilo and I don’t feel these skates offer any better forward flex than any other skates (maybe I’m just spoiled in forward flex because of my graf ice skates). The only area this has noticeably impacted my game is on backwards cross-overs. I wish they were pitched less flat but then they would be either too tall or 76mm wheels so I understand the compromise. I was also worried about the increased wheel base of the all 80 setup but I don’t’ think it has affected my skating. Two construction disappointments: when I received the skates, I couldn’t remove two of the axles. The axle bolt material is cheap and the allen hex’s were machined too large. During assembly, they were overtorqued and threadlock applied. I used the largest fitting allen I could find, and the heads still stripped when I tried to loosen them. Luckily inline warehouse has great customer service and they sent me two replacement axles but I still had to drill out the stripped bolts which was a pain. I should have asked for two more because I have a couple other partially stripped bolt heads that I was able to remove without too much damage to the allen head. The other disappointment is that the tongue was advertised as fully perforated on IW website. The perforation is only on the top half of the tongue and it is only in the felt. The liner and lace bite pad on the tongue prevent the felt perforation from being effective. Overall I’m very happy with the skate and the adjustment from skating hilo to all 80 took only a few skates for me. This is the first skate ive had in a long time that causes no pain at all. I hope to have these a very long time. Good job Alkali.

The all 80 setup does have a little more grip that hilo which I’ve used for the last 15 years. I haven’t noticed any more speed from all 80.

Opposite for me.

I've recently had the chance to back to back test some AC1 Inhalers against my CA9 RPDs(both pairs less than a year old) & there was a huge difference in performance for me.

- I immedietly noticed the lack of wheel size of the front wheels under heavy, on my toes acceleration.(didn't affect my ability to make the skates perform but didn't feel as nice)

- Launches were easier for the first few steps and acceleration was great but to get that acceleration out of the Hilos was a lot more "hands on" and required a lot more energy for comparable performance with the straight 80s resulting in much quicker fatigue(fast quick strides vs fast long strides).

-As with acceleration requiring more energy, maintaining speed takes a lot of energy as well but with a noticably lesser top speed(Alkalis are so much easier to reach higher top speeds & stay at top speed)

-AC1s were more agile but for me the lack of grip on turns didn't feel as nice(personal thing though completely subjective)

In the end I couldn't wait to get the RPD's back on, Hilos are nice in isolation but compared to straight 80s are outclassed for performance(only my opinion).

I did this with the older non recessed chassis, in theory your lowered/recessed chassis should be much faster than mine.

It looks even better in person than in the pic. The new quarter and liner on the top two PP's look and feel great.

They should be worth the wait.

I got my CA9 RPD's from you guys last July, as soon as you get these in i'm ordering.

• Like 1

Now I don't know what to do. Just about to pull the trigger on some RPD shifts but now wondering if I shouldn't wait. I don't skate enough to warrant new skates every year.

The skate won't be out till fourth quarter this year, so don't hesitate on picking up a pair of Shift skates now. You won't be disappointed.

Edited by Justin 1933

Now I don't know what to do. Just about to pull the trigger on some RPD shifts but now wondering if I shouldn't wait. I don't skate enough to warrant new skates every year.

I'm in exactly the same boat...

the new Alkali teaser pictures...omg.. without sounding disrespectful to the current range or the guys at Alkali.. the new stuff to come, looks even more polished and "complete" as a product, almost bauer like in finish..if that makes sense?

I thought the current range (when it was released) was the same thing (much more complete) against the CA range. It seems like you guys are making all the right moves.

Do i wait..or do i get shifts... damn you for releasing these images :( lol

Hi, I am also having trouble with sizing.

I currently wear a 12.5/13 US shoe.

My Bauer XR5s are an 11.5. Although I can fit (at least) a screwdriver blade down the back.

Should I order 11s or 11.5s?

and would the Shift or Max's be better for someone who is 200 lb?

Sorry I realise its a hard to size without actually trying them on.

If you can fit a screw driver down the back of your heel I'd be buying the same size, 11.5. And if you change back to Bauer / Mission etc I'd be looking at getting 11's.

As for what model, you do pay for what you get and a lot depends on your skating style. I could point you to a guy who weighs 220 and can play in anything (he used Mission soldiers for many years) because he has great balance and positioning over the skates. Then again I can point you to another guy in the same team who weighs 190 and destroys skates in a few months (CA9's, T10's, RX60's to name a few) because he puts a lot of pressure on the inside of his skates due to his skating style. All I can say is buy what you can afford, if it is online a lot of places will accept a return and replacement as long as they are not used or baked (there may be a restocking fee).