Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Saw the max+ this weekend on an Alkali sponsored player, really nice looking boot. Is the heel pocket the same size (width wise) between the max and the max+?

Any chance of selling the boot alone? The boots feel amazing.

Unfortunately I am a size 6 and I am not a fan of all 76 chassis.

I'm a size 6.5 and like the idea of the 76 setup. The wheel base becomes shorter..and thus more agile. Shows Alkali put some thought into the smaller sizes too!

I am not very informed on the science/engineering behind it, please educate me :smile: .

I was under the impression that the benefits of the all 80 mm wheel setup was increased surface area contact and better straight away speed.

What is the advantage of the 76 mm wheel setup over a traditional 76-80 hi-lo? Wouldn't going 76 mm lose most of the advantages of the all 80 chassis and it would be better to go hi-lo for the extra 8 mm?

I am in need of some new skates since my Bauer boot decided to separate from the outsole after 4 months of use :mad:

Edited by ExitTwoEighty

The all 80mm wheel base on the smaller skates does not work due to a few factors. With the smaller foot, the all 80mm wheels stick out quite a bit on the front and the back of the skate. This causes turning issues, a player to lose agility, and increased fatigue for a smaller player. We (and players we have worked with) prefer the smaller size senior skate, the 76mm wheel works best.

Edited by Justin 1933

I am not very informed on the science/engineering behind it, please educate me :smile: .

I was under the impression that the benefits of the all 80 mm wheel setup was increased surface area contact and better straight away speed.

What is the advantage of the 76 mm wheel setup over a traditional 76-80 hi-lo? Wouldn't going 76 mm lose most of the advantages of the all 80 chassis and it would be better to go hi-lo for the extra 8 mm?

I am in need of some new skates since my Bauer boot decided to separate from the outsole after 4 months of use :mad:

A 76mm straight setup works how an all 80mm setup works for a taller person.

I imagine, with size 6-6.5 feet you are short (i certainly am! :laugh: )

With shorter legs you have to put more work in to get going etc (thus Justin saying increased fatigue).

With an all 80mm chassis (with an assumed min wheel gap of 1mm) the total end to end wheel base would be 323mm. On a 76mm chassis this 307mm meaning 16mm of reduced wheel base.

Shorter wheel base = a much more responsive skate

for example... compare a S class merc vs a miata... the miata has a much smaller wheelbase...and will be much more responsive to inputs.

A 76mm straight setup works how an all 80mm setup works for a taller person.

I imagine, with size 6-6.5 feet you are short (i certainly am! :laugh: )

With shorter legs you have to put more work in to get going etc (thus Justin saying increased fatigue).

With an all 80mm chassis (with an assumed min wheel gap of 1mm) the total end to end wheel base would be 323mm. On a 76mm chassis this 307mm meaning 16mm of reduced wheel base.

Shorter wheel base = a much more responsive skate

for example... compare a S class merc vs a miata... the miata has a much smaller wheelbase...and will be much more responsive to inputs.

sss1987 and Justin,

I just wanted to say thank you for explaining the radius benefits. I ended up buying a pair of RPD Shifts on sale and noticed an improvement on the skates.

The biggest surprise was how comfortable the skates were! I had the skates baked and played my first game without any pain in my feet!

Hopefully the skates last me a long time, every skate that I have owned had boot/outsole separation issues. It's great that the skates have a 1 year warranty, I look forward to using these skates again :)

• Like 2

Yeah I've been checking here and IW like crazy but no info.

Aren't theu supposed to be on sale in 2 days?

Me too!

Justin..you need to update your website too, so i can drool over the new stuff with high res pics!

• Like 1

We are working on the website right now. If you follow us on Facebook and Instagram, I have been posting new pics. As for the official launch, the skates have just arrived in port, and should be in our office soon. Our launch date has always been early october, so we are on time.

• Like 1

Could you help to choose size
I will go to rpd shift or ca9 rpd or rpd.

could recommend model around 300$

and
I was wearing 7.5e with ccm u12 cl and old mission(typem and assasin) was 8.5e.

which size proper for me?

Edited by releap

I would say you need an 8. I fit a 7 in the old inline mission range and a 6 in an ice skate (except graf or vapour ranges which is a 6.5). I fit a 6.5 in a ca9 and rpd max. Length is perfect, my toes are just off the toe cap by around 1mm. Foot length is 25.5cm's. Generally 1cm up is 1 size up so a 27cm foot could fit a size 8 but it depends on how you like the fit and how you have measured your foot length, you may be better off in 8.5.

Edited by Vet88
  • Like 1

It depends on how you like your length fit and how you measure your foot length. This is why for a length test, you do it with laces undone and tongue out so any restrictions from the width do not interfere with working out your ideal length. You can get a snug fit feeling with laces done up even though the boot might be slightly longer than what might be considered a perfect length. I'm not saying this is the case for WickedAussie but I have come across this many times before. At 26.5cm you would be a borderline 8. Length fit is a personal choice and my fit is for one that is as close to toes brushing the toe cap as possible with the laces done up. To me, this is the perfect fit for length.

As to measuring your foot, piece of paper on the floor placed against a wall, heel against the wall on the paper, mark the end of longest toe (straight down) then measure from papers edge to the mark. Releap doesn't give a foot length which would help.

At 27cm I'd say you were a perfect fit for 8.5 but you may not like your toes just short of feathering the toe cap. If you like a little more room then you would look at a 9. If you were to try an 8.5 in a lhs I'd say your toes would press lightly against the toe cap, after a bake and you have skated in them 4 or 5 times the heel padding will settle and your toes will move off the toe cap by about 1mm.

At 27cm I'd say you were a perfect fit for 8.5 but you may not like your toes just short of feathering the toe cap. If you like a little more room then you would look at a 9. If you were to try an 8.5 in a lhs I'd say your toes would press lightly against the toe cap, after a bake and you have skated in them 4 or 5 times the heel padding will settle and your toes will move off the toe cap by about 1mm.

thanks for your update.

i will go 8.5..

please advice to choose model?

i'm curios about movement new chassis. but ca9 rpd had magnesium chassis and top line model.

which one is best?

Alkali RPD Shift Sr. Inline Hockey Skates
Regular Price: $479.99
Clearance Price: 299.

Alkali CA9 RPD Sr. Inline Hockey Skates
Regular Price: $719.99
Clearance Price:329

Edited by releap