Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Guys,

I just ordered some Shift+'s to replace my breaking down <1yr old Bauer XR5's... I've been reading some people say to go a half size up than normal on the alkali's, has anyone made the bauer to alkali transition that can confirm that? I'm in NC and am not able to try these on anywhere locally. I'm currently in a 10.5D XR5 and Vapor X80.

I'm hoping I have better luck with the alkali's than the bauers, I've just started to play inline, (played ice ~20yr) and the chassis started deforming/breaking the outsole on the XR5's. I've read some good reviews about the new alkali lineup and am excited to give em a shot. Anyone who's currently wearing the shift+'s feel free to chime in with your experience with them.

Thanks MSH

Edited by blacksaleen95

Page 40 on the Alkali thread..ive left my review...

in short..i absolutely love my RPD Shift+. The skates a mega comfy, and there has been a tonne of thought which has been put into the skates. Im not sure about the bigger sizes..but in bauer i would wear a 6, and in alkalis i wear a 6.5. However everyones feet are different. Might be worth stenciling around your feet and measuring the length (its basically what i had to do).

You get a lot of skate for the money, and i have no hesitation in recommending these skates.

I don't know too much about size vs size when it comes to companies as i was poorly sized for my previous skates. But when i saw the title of this thread I knew I had to pop in and say "Great F%$@ing skate"

• Like 1

Hey Justin, aside from the new tech in the max+ skates, is there a considerable difference in either weight or stiffness over last year's max model? Or how do the shift+ match up?

On a budget so trying to decide which ones to go for?

Edited by Knights15

Page 40 on the Alkali thread..ive left my review...

in short..i absolutely love my RPD Shift+. The skates a mega comfy, and there has been a tonne of thought which has been put into the skates. Im not sure about the bigger sizes..but in bauer i would wear a 6, and in alkalis i wear a 6.5. However everyones feet are different. Might be worth stenciling around your feet and measuring the length (its basically what i had to do).

You get a lot of skate for the money, and i have no hesitation in recommending these skates.

Thanks for the responses!! I'm glad to see more postive feedback on the skates, looking forward to getting them, unforunatly they're backordered at IW right now so I'm going to have to be patient!

I also picked up some Labeda Yellow Grippers since I play on painted concrete, I'll be sure to review both once I get some "run time" on them.

Hey Justin, aside from the new tech in the max+ skates, is there a considerable difference in either weight or stiffness over last year's max model? Or how do the shift+ match up?

On a budget so trying to decide which ones to go for?

The purlyn is what made me pick this years over last years. And the shift+ is literally a top end skate without a mag chassis or $14 wheels..I love rinkrats but my the dynasty III's that come on it are making me very happy.

The purlyn is what made me pick this years over last years. And the shift+ is literally a top end skate without a mag chassis or $14 wheels..I love rinkrats but my the dynasty III's that come on it are making me very happy.

Ditto!

I would have loved the Max+ just for bragging rights... but budget constraints hampered me. However..the shift+ is best described as Max+ light... ;) i am extremely happy with mine too.

Ditto!

I would have loved the Max+ just for bragging rights... but budget constraints hampered me. However..the shift+ is best described as Max+ light... ;) i am extremely happy with mine too.

How is the stiffness on these skates? I had a pair of tour zx9 and was very disappointed. Also I am an 8.5 in vapors, with a little room to spare, however 8s are too small. What would the alkali sizing equivalent be?

How is the stiffness on these skates? I had a pair of tour zx9 and was very disappointed. Also I am an 8.5 in vapors, with a little room to spare, however 8s are too small. What would the alkali sizing equivalent be?

The stiffness is an 8 out of 10. Can't speak yet in terms of longevity of it but I like the amount of stiffness I get. My old skates are slightly stiffer but in that same token, the alkali's are more comfortable and are so heat customizable that I'm not sure anyone could make a stiffer skate for what they do.

Edited by MikeWhy

Not sure why they are on backorder, as we have plenty in stock. Hopefully they will be back in stock at IW for you quickly.

Chase from IW actually contacted me today and let me know they would be in and ship on Fri

Length wise, I have found you need to go up 1/2 a size in alkali ie an 8.5 in a vapour is a 9 in an Alkali. But it all depends on how you like your fit and how the vapour boot fits you. What is "too small" - length, width, volume?

Length wise, I have found you need to go up 1/2 a size in alkali ie an 8.5 in a vapour is a 9 in an Alkali. But it all depends on how you like your fit and how the vapour boot fits you. What is "too small" - length, width, volume?

I'd say the 8 in vapor is probably a proper fit, but the ee width isn't enough. So I wear an 8.5.

So, i settled on a pair of SR. Comp+. Baked it and it feels great. I do have some concerns: after 6 hrs of use, one wheel already came off the hub, one wheel is splitting, and when i went to change the wheels, multiple axles are stripped. Is this normal? What's expected on a lower end Alkali?

Labeda will replace your wheels for you. I can send you replacement hardware if you stripped bolts. Please send me your address and I will send you out a new complete set of hardware right away.

• Like 1

So, i settled on a pair of SR. Comp+. Baked it and it feels great. I do have some concerns: after 6 hrs of use, one wheel already came off the hub, one wheel is splitting, and when i went to change the wheels, multiple axles are stripped. Is this normal? What's expected on a lower end Alkali?

Labeda will replace your wheels for you. Contact rob@labeda.com. I can send you replacement hardware if you stripped bolts. Please send me your address and I will send you out a new complete set of hardware right away. justin@alkalihockey.com

Just to chime in, I've a set of Comp, as does my gf and a teammate has the Comp+, teammate got his first and had the exact same happen (wheel off the hub and a stripped axel at the back), my gf also has a stripped axel and a few wheels starting to split. Soon as i got my skates, i removed the wheels and havent used them which sucks, must be a Comp thing.

Just to chime in, I've a set of Comp, as does my gf and a teammate has the Comp+, teammate got his first and had the exact same happen (wheel off the hub and a stripped axel at the back), my gf also has a stripped axel and a few wheels starting to split. Soon as i got my skates, i removed the wheels and havent used them which sucks, must be a Comp thing.

You can give myself or Rob an email and we will be happy to take care of this for you. Sorry that you have been having issues. We will do our best to make this right for you.

• Like 2

received the pants from the contest over a week ago. I have worn them twice, they are amazingly comfortable and light! So far the only thing alkali that I haven't loved is the Max stick I purchased, but that is mainly based on shaft dimensions and shape (little boxy for my hands). I let a guy borrow it at a drop in, and he had two goals with it, and everyone else I know with one has loved the sticks. Guess ill be checkin out the girdle next =)

As far as quality goes, Ive now beat up my team skates fairly well, and no issues with wheels or axles. I have taken the wheels off a few times to clean in and around the hub/bearings, and they have gone together and stay together fairly well. I didn't use Loctite as I was out of it at the time, so they require a slight turn every few skates to tighten, but other than that its been smooth sailing. These things are super comfortable on my feet, cant wait to check out the max's I have waiting to be baked and used!

• Like 2