Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I had that briefly with my right foot as well in the beginning but they callus up pretty quickly.

A lot of the young guys at my local rink have issues as well with doing up their axles to tight and jamming them.

I do mine up until I just get to that point of resistance, not to loose so it clicks and not to tight so it jams.

I'm glad Alkali still use the good axles not the horrible reversed ones that Mission/Bauer use now.

Hope all goes well with your new skates!

Anyone had any sizing issues with the RPD Lite pants? I had read Alkali pants ran small but a couple teams and I ordered some and they are huge. Im almost 6ft and typically wear a 34in. The smalls (28-30) fit in the waist but reinforced knees are on my shins and the crotch is to my knees. Anyone have a recommendation on slimmer fitting pants? Preferably that aren't too expensive since I just lost money on these.

The Valken V-Pro pants were great slim fitting pants. It's now hard to find them in a lot of sizes, but Hockey Tron has a clone called the Tron V-Pro. They aren't cheap at $79.99, but tron has one day sales with good discounts and they have been featured several times in the past. If you wait for a daily deal (you can subscribe to their deals newsletter) you can likely get them for between 30 and 50 percent off. I'm 6'2" and usually wear a 36 or 38 pants depending on the fit and wear XL in the V-Pro pants so you'd probably need a Large.

Wondering if anyone on here currently are using these and what their thoughts were on them.

Yes and they're the best skates I've ever owned. They're showing some premature wear but I also play up to 6 times a week maybe more if I have multiple games in a day so don't go by me on that. I love them.

I know the RPD and RPD+ are the latest but hockeytron has the CA5s for 80 bucks and wasn't sure if these would be worth it.. I play maybe 2-3 times a week.

Edited by Dorsey24

I would pass on the CA5s. We changed numerous things after the CA line and it made a huge difference in the skates. However, $80 is basically the cost of the wheels at retail.

Edited by Justin 1933
  • Like 1

How long do you want to wait? If you can find the max at a good price (on clearance now) it is a heck of a good skate, the max+, imho, was an upgrade with small improvements - Justin may weigh in with a slightly different view on the + :)

Is there a huge difference between the RPD and RPD+.. Or should I wait for the next gen?

Don't wait, the RPD+ line is staying. Yes, there are some differences on the RPD+ vs RPD Line (especially on the high end). You can't go wrong with either.

Thanks Justin... Sooner or later I'm gonna pick up a pair of Alkali just trying to decide on the best fit for me... Debating between the Teams or Comps... Pricewise I'm looking at the RPD Teams or RPD+ Comps.

Justin while I am thinking about it would it be a bad idea if I tried out the RPD+ Crew? I'm around 220 lbs and didn't know with the 2 piece frame on the Crew if that would hold up for me or would a 1 piece frame work better?

Edited by Dorsey24

I love the teams. Good level wheel, nice boot and chassis, and you can get it in several sizes on clearance after codes for around 150 shipped. To me, at that price, its a steal and what I advise most people I know to do when they have boots in bad condition and see my teams. Now im in max's for indoor which I scooped up for 240 after codes, they have over 100 in wheels alone. The main upgrades that I am interested in on the max+ is the quarter and liner, but I have to see if I am going to stick with roller before id invest in those. I was fairly successful my first season back, switching to the max skates about 3 weeks ago. some guys at a pickup even commented on how quick I was, and were shocked when I told them I hadn't played but the last 3 months since '00. is it the skates? now to just get the stopping down, I have noticed it easier with the addiction wheels though.

• Like 1

Thanks Justin... Sooner or later I'm gonna pick up a pair of Alkali just trying to decide on the best fit for me... Debating between the Teams or Comps... Pricewise I'm looking at the RPD Teams or RPD+ Comps.

Justin while I am thinking about it would it be a bad idea if I tried out the RPD+ Crew? I'm around 220 lbs and didn't know with the 2 piece frame on the Crew if that would hold up for me or would a 1 piece frame work better?

I would not go with Crew+. At 220, I would say the Comp would be the lowest price skate I would recommend. Team would be better.

• Like 1

We a proper heat fit, you will have no issues with the width. I have fit a guy with a EEE. It took some time during the heat fit, but we made it work.

So I finally had a chance to try on a pair of RPD Comp+. Wondering how much room you get in the toe area after baking. I know your toes are supposed to brush the toecap but they seemed to be a little too cramped. Would baking fix this or should I go 1/2 bigger?

Edited by Dorsey24

So I finally had a chance to try on a pair of RPD Comp+. Wondering how much room you get in the toe area after baking. I know your toes are supposed to brush the toecap but they seemed to be a little too cramped. Would baking fix this or should I go 1/2 bigger?

i had the same exact issue, baking did not solve it. i went a half size bigger and it was clearly the right choice for me once i put them on.

A bake and then a settle in period will give you around 1mm of extra length. Ideally your toes should just be brushing the toe cap when you first try them on, if they are cramped then you should go a 1/2 bigger.

Also consider the forward lean the boot has, If you stand too straight, or the laces are not tight, the boot will push your feet forward cramping your toes , at least thats what happened to me, when I first tried them without baking and fitting them propertly , I felt like they were 1/2 size too small, my toes were cramped to the point that hurt, but after baking and some use now they fit perfect. Check how they feel when you are sit, and your heel is deep into the heel pocket.

So I finally broke down and will be in the Alkali family. After trying on an 11 and seeing they were too snug I noticed that Inline warehouse had the Rpd Teams in an 11.5 so I bit the bullet and ordered. Really hoping the 11.5 will give me a little more room in the toebox without giving too much room. So to check again im not going to be disappointed with the Teams and not the Team+?

Edited by Dorsey24
  • Like 1

I have been running the teams(not team+) for a little over a month. I have one spot that rubs (been baked twice). I put elite insoles in them, changed the wheels(to soft for my liking), and switched to wax laces. I like them more and more every time I skate. These my be the first skates that didn't kill my feet for the first couple months. My usual process for skates is. Break them in for a month or so with pick up and practice then wear them in leagues. Didn't do that with these. Straight up replacement of my old skates.

• Like 1

Does anyone know of a way I can swap out the labedas that come with the teams for a harder wheel at no charge?. BeIng that I am 220 lbs and currently use revision steels and am planning on using a combo of them with the labedas. Currently running a hi lo so I do not have all 80mm steels.

Edited by Dorsey24

Does anyone know of a way I can swap out the labedas that come with the teams for a harder wheel at no charge?. BeIng that I am 220 lbs and currently use revision steels and am planning on using a combo of them with the labedas. Currently running a hi lo so I do not have all 80mm steels.

Yea the wheels were a waste for me. It does not factor in my decision when purchasing a skate. I got 78a for the coated surfaces we play on and 82a for the one getto rink.