Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Yeah here's hoping the maintain the standard.

I don't want to switch brands, it's bad enough losing rink rat!

call me late to the game here but what happened to RR?????

They haven't made wheels in months, if you look at online stores they're starting to run out now.

I don't know to much but their deal with faction apparently wasn't renewed and the company stopped producing.

Dear friends at Alkali, i'm a huge fan and supporter of your products, I love my CA7 skates and the RPD gloves. I want to give some feedback on my experience with the RPD Max sticks though.

I've owned three in the last two years. The first one I had lasted me well over a year and probably would have lasted longer if some jerk hadn't have taken a bad hack at it. When that stick died I picked up two more RPD Max sticks, I've broken both of those within three months and that's only playing one night a week. Both broke on nothing shots, and both went at the fuse point. Blade completely broke off, luckily that little string of fiber glass keeps them from taking someone head off. Unfortunately, the sticks broke after the 30 day mark so i'm out of luck on the warranty. Anyway, just wanted to give you the heads up. Not sure if maybe something went funky in the manufacturing of that batch or what, but it seems weird for both sticks to break the same way and for really no apparent reason.

Again, big fan of your products.

Hey all. I've been using alkali ca9 skates for about 6 months now. This past weekend I played in a tournament. I haven't played in a while and it reminded me of the issues I have with these skates. I wanted to see if anyone else here is having similar problems as me with these guys digging into the sides of their feet.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:

alkali_foot.jpg

This is on the interior side of both of my feet, below the ball of my ankle. The black marks are from where I tried to tape it up to prevent this from happening and mitigate pain.

As I said, I've had the skates for 6+ months and this still happens regularly. I've never had such a hard time breaking in skates and I've been playing hockey for over 24 years. I did not bake these, but surely 6 months should be enough time for the skate to break in. I've tried with socks both on and off and the fit should be correct as my toes are feathering the toe cap.

I do love the skates, but would be interested to hear if anyone else is having similar problems and knows how to fix it.

Thanks!

I think this brand prides itself on the baking aspect so I think you missed out on a big part of why their skates are so great. Is that spot rubbing on the L bars? Is it possible at all that they are sized poorly? I had this issue when breaking them in on the outsides of my feet after baking them but it went away in a very timely manner.

Hey Mike thanks for the reply. I definitely plan on baking them soon. My toes feather the toe caps so I'm not assuming its a bad fit. I do have smaller ankles though.

I've helped quite a few people with foot issues and I've never seen wear and tear in the spot you have (between the ankle and heel). As Mike suggest, it looks like the L bar rubbing, I suspect your heel is lifting slightly in the pocket. Stable 26 socks with the right thickness insert would really help stop this (the possible lift and the rubbing) but a bake has to be your first course of action.

Edited by Vet88

Hey Mike thanks for the reply. I definitely plan on baking them soon. My toes feather the toe caps so I'm not assuming its a bad fit. I do have smaller ankles though.

No problem bro, and Vet88 pretty much took the words out of my mouth. Just remember any time you go alkali, just bake em. A lot of people go the route of "breaking em in old school" but its what this skate prides itself on. Its like getting a car and cutting out the floor and using your feet to push it around cause thats what the Flintstones did.

How much stiffer is the max + vs the shift + ?

Thanks

I feel like the main difference between the two skates(other than color) really is just the chassis and wheels. I'm sure Justin or somebody will correct me on that if I'm wrong.

Things have been fairly quiet on the Alkali front over the last few months, anyone know if there will be an updated range coming out again in December?

Normally there's a teaser in May/June.

Alkali is not going anywhere. There is the new RPE line, but things have been in transition since the sale. Everything should shake out by the new year. They still have plenty of stock on the current line, which is not even a full year old.

Edited by Justin 1933
  • Like 3

Just received my max skates i'm very happy with the high quality of these skates. My only question is can a mismount in the chassis placement be a problem with skating. As i am happy with the skates there is a 2-3mm mismatch and wondering if it will effect skating or should i mail them back for a new pair?

Dear ,

I have same issue, my rpd max+ chassis is mismounted 2~3mm mismatched, how to resolved?