Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

6 hours ago, crispy92 said:

So after some research I've decided to order a pair of max+ skates in an 8.5. I'm a 10 in most footwear and pure hockey only had 8.5 or 9.5 which I currently have and feel are too big. Worse case scenario I can order them elsewhere in a 9 and return the 8.5 to my local store. 

Im sure the tips are everywhere but does anyone have any tips for sizing the skates and making sure the skates are the right fit. My current alkalis I can slide my right foot forward and fit almost 2 finger in the back. My 9 makos are basically perfect and fit in 8.5 current gen missions. 

What size are your current Alkalis, 9.5? If you can fit almost 2 fingers down the back then that's around 1.5 sizes to big. 8.5 might do or you may be able to drop to 8, it depends on how you like your foot, toes brushing the toe cap.

Edited by Vet88

On 9/17/2017 at 8:08 PM, Vet88 said:

What size are your current Alkalis, 9.5? If you can fit almost 2 fingers down the back then that's around 1.5 sizes to big. 8.5 might do or you may be able to drop to 8, it depends on how you like your foot, toes brushing the toe cap.

Got the 8.5 currently and after lacing them up i feel my toe just touching the cap. After kicking my heel back and skating around the house. I kinda feel my toes subconsciously curling up to avoid hitting the cap. 

Im ordering 9's just to see the fit but realistically how much space can I expect to get after baking and breaking the skates in and tossing in some superfeet. Superfeet seem to help a little but I'd hate to bake the 8.5s then have to sell them if they don't work out.

Edited by crispy92

5 hours ago, Wicked3Aussie said:

I was an 8.5 in alkalis and now I'm an 8EE in vapors if that helps.

It kind of does thank you. Like I said the 8.5 isn't bad with superfeet in but I think at least my right skate would need a little extra space for it to remain comfortable. That's why I'm concerned with how much space I will gain with a bake and breaking in. If the skate doesn't gain too much length I think I'll have to opt for the 9

On 9/25/2017 at 3:40 PM, riprop said:

where are you ordering from that seams to have every size you're requesting in stock? Seems every site has zero in stock for Alkali right now.

I grabbed the last 8.5 of the max+ on pure hockey and hockey monkey had a handful of sizes it seemed. One of which was the 9 I ordered and will probably be returning. Pure hockey not only matched hockey monkeys price but they even informed me that I can use the skates and still return them which doesn't make sense to me but I won't argue. Luckily the 8.5 might just be perfect. 

• Like 1

I ended up taking a risk and grabbing a pair of the Visium's in a size 7 from Hockey Monkey and it paid off. They fit snug outta the box and brought them to get baked and fit great.  A few blisters after having worn them only twice but that's to be expected. These are going to break in nicely and so far I love em

On ‎18‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:15 PM, sss1987 said:

How do you tie your skates?

Sorry for the late reply - I set my notifications to ring when there was a reply, but it doesn't seem to have informed me.

How do you mean? I lace them up normally, outside in lacing. When I put my foot into the skate, I can already feel the ankle pads pressing.

4 hours ago, jmiro said:

I am curious.  Is alkali on its way out.  All of the big online retailets have them listed as clearance.

they just released some shorts and socks not too long ago. I think they are supposed to have a new line out fairly soonish here, but haven't seen much chatter from them about the line since early august I think? looks as if they are moving away from purlyn style boots and going for a more budget approach. 

I just picked up a pair of Max+ in 9.5. Sitting flat footed, I can feel my toes ever so slightly touching the toe cap. How much space can I expect to gain atter baking? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, XUHockey21 said:

I just picked up a pair of Max+ in 9.5. Sitting flat footed, I can feel my toes ever so slightly touching the toe cap. How much space can I expect to gain atter baking? 

After baking and a month of wearing, you gain around 1mm

7 hours ago, XUHockey21 said:

That sounds like the perfect size. They should just be brushing the toe cap when they're laced and standing and then come off slightly when you bend your knees and get into a skating position. Baking will help with the break in. When the padding compresses you may gain 1mm or so as Vet88 suggests, but that's a good thing - you don't want to gain a bunch of room as you're describing the ideal performance length. 

• Thanks 1

How is the fit of the Alkali RPD Max+ boot vs Bauer's top of the line 1xr?  I'm only asking because my Alkali's are starting to break down and I haven't been able to find my 9.5 size anywhere.  I was thinking of going to Bauer but the Alkali's fit is perfect.  

On 2/10/2018 at 12:23 AM, Wicked3Aussie said:

I went from a size 8.5 CA9 RPD to a size 8 1Xr.

I believe the RPD Max was a bit of a wider fit from memory.

The info is all in this thread.

Ok, thanks.  I'll try to find more fit I fo in the thread

Has the fit of the alkalis been changed? The way theyre described on Inline warehouse seems kind of how the Tacks are described a deeper supreme sort of? 

On 4/11/2018 at 9:21 AM, Cove said:

Has the fit of the alkalis been changed? The way theyre described on Inline warehouse seems kind of how the Tacks are described a deeper supreme sort of? 

I was under the impression that the new lines weren't fitting like the rpds rather their wider lines... But it seems no one really has answers to what is going on.   So I moved on from them. Kinda leery after the whole tron thing

• Like 1

Hi,there. Need a piece of advice... Tempted to buy a pair of RPD Max+ for my 9 years old boy. Currently he is on Bauer X300 (size1) inline and Bauer X800 (size 1,5) on ice. Complaining that X300 are uncomfortable and too soft. Is upgrade worth it (400 Dollars)? Should size 2 be ok? I understand that kids feet grow fast and do not worry about that. My question is if he feels and skates much better than in X300?  Or can you suggest other options then? Thank you.