Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Ive skated in a few brands in the 20+ years Ive been playing roller hockey, but always seemed to prefer and come back to Mission. While Justin was there it was very apparent he stood behind the product, and as a consumer and a salesman myself, thats huge. He earned my loyalty.

Now this Alkali brand is his baby, so if he supported Mission so well, I would imagine hed pour everything he had into his own company. It will be worth it to check out the Alkali products.

I would say fit is more important than light weight, especially since I have such difficult feet to work with. If Alkali can deliver both, its win-win.

Justin, you're saying this will be a unique skate. Can you make a basic comparison in terms of fit to other brands? Example: someone with wide forefeet and thin ankles fit well in Ccm boots, or so Ive heard. Are the Alkali boots similar to anything else so we have an idea if they'll be a good fit for particular feet?

(snipped youtube link)

Decent look at some of the products at their booth at Narch

Nice choice on the music Justin. Pendulum /thumbs up.

Very excited to see/try the new product.

Love the look of the new skates. Black, understated yet somehow very aggressive looking. Me likey.

In terms of fit, they are a cross between a Graf and Bauer. The heel is narrow, but we have made the forefoot a bit wider (where the toe box joins the quarter). The good news about our skates is they can be put in the oven for 10 minutes, so you can get a true heat fit. The skates were built on a new last and have a new toe box.

I appreciate the kind words from everyone. I know you guys will like the new product.

Justin

I think these guys have a real opportunity to start a fire in the market by offering sprung chassis on this, or their next, boot.

Yes, the fit sounds ideal and and the skate looks good, but I'd definitely rather have a Sprung setup than an all 80 flat chassis. A conversion could of course be done, but that's of course there's more time and money involved there.

Edited by althoma1

Stopped by the booth at state wars this week.. JC Campagna came up to me to discuss the skates. He said they had a Graf style fit. Hard to narrow it down from there... s

The top line skates are rumored to sell around $500. Should be a good deal. I was also impressed with the pants.

Saw the new equipment at State Wars as well, every skate I picked up I noticed the wheels touched… spin one wheel; the ones beside it spin as well. I found this interesting and was wondering what is the purpose of this?... smaller turning radius?

The wheels only touched, because they were sample wheels/chassis. Sometimes the urethane has not been trimmed enough. We do have a very tight tolerance to keep the wheel base short.

I am really excited about the new product, and hope you guys will be too.

Quite excited about grabbing a pair of the CA9's, I loved the Mission skates from Justin's era so sure these will be rather good skates.

What does "Lithium Science" refer to? Just curious lol

The girdle looks epic too, hope it comes in black...!

Justin I heard the fit was going to be similar to grafs(705,g5) with a narrower heel and normal to wide forefoot. Is this true? I am in g5's currently and this would be great news.