Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Justin,

Could you give a better idea in regards to the Alkali CA9 team duffle bag, are there any compartments within the bag for skates, etc?

And also, is there a difference between "Heavy duty Tarpaulin" compared to another companies "Laminated Tarpaulin"?

Thanks

Sure, the Team Duffle bag is a single compartment bag that is made with a heavy gauge coated nylon. The material on the bag was used on the PUMA World Cup Sailing bags. It is a much higher grade Tarpaulin fabric than what is normally found in hockey. Also, our bags are not made a hockey bag supplier, but actually at a golf bag supplier. The golf bag supplier uses much better thread, sewing methods, etc verse a traditional hockey bag supplier.

I hope this helps.

Justin

Sweet...Hope you like them.

They didn't have the CA7's in store, so I tried on the CA5's instead, shame they don't come in half sizes. I think I'll get the 9.5's in the 7's

Hockey Monkey has them in stock. You should be able to pick them up there.

J

HockeyMonkey is a drive for me, I'm only 5-10 minutes away from HG, so I'm gonna have them order me a pair instead.

used my new Alkali CA9 jock/girdle last night and loved it. its sort of a cross between girdle and jock - very lightweight and much cooler than traditional girdle. i don't play as aggressively as i used to so i don't need that much protection. i wish the hip pad was oriented a little differently (maybe my hip joint is located weird compared to my waistline) but overall i am very happy because i needed a cooler alternative to the traditional girdle but with some hip protection.

Justin: i saw the CA5 pants at my local store today and was really impressed by their breathability. They don't carry the CA3, CA7 or CA9 though. What is your most breathable/coolest pants?

Edited by wetwilly17

I was just talking to a team mate about the Alkali protective stuff - I honestly cant believe its taken this long for a company to bring out kit like this for roller. reminds me of Biltrite/Mission gear - it was perfect, I still rock a pair of Biltrite Works gloves from time to time (actually wearing them tomorrow for a tournament for a couple games) - the breathability was great in that line of produycts and this Alkali stuff is looking great.

Definately going to end up getting the skates, girdle and stick. Already got a fellow Scotsman about to order a pair of CA5s over the competition, despite him having to order from the US and having to wait. What sold it for him was checking out this thread too and the fact Justin responds himself.

Dont think Ive been that intereted in roller gear since the Mission/Biltrite era as I have in this Alkali stuff. Its nice its a roller orientated product.

Edited by Kanya

The fit of our two models of glove is almost the same. The major differences between the two gloves is the type of foam/plastic/palm material/lining/log treatments. The sizing/fit is almost identical between the two.

Hello Justin.

I am interested in the CA9 stick. Are those all the patterns you have? Are you planning on releasing a few more? I would love to help support an inline company, but I would prefer a toe curve. All of your patterns appear to be heel to mid-heel. I play with a Bauer P92 and a Warrior Gionta. I prefer the Bauer shaft, but love the Gionta curve. Would be interested in trying the Warrior Slovak curve. Anything similar down the pipeline?

Better yet, any shafts coming out?

The curves we have are currently the only ones in the works. We asked our retailers for the 4 most popular curves, and that is what we went with. Unfortunately since we are such a small company, we are unable to offer a bigger selection of curves.

which one more similar to bauer 4 roll?

The CA5 glove is one of the most comfortable I've had on my hands. Not as much internal padding as the CA9, which I actually prefer, super light, and extremely good wrist movement. Once I get my pair, I will be ditching my custom 4-rolls for them.

The CA5 glove is one of the most comfortable I've had on my hands. Not as much internal padding as the CA9, which I actually prefer, super light, and extremely good wrist movement. Once I get my pair, I will be ditching my custom 4-rolls for them.

i'm waiting for CA5 too. prefer nylon material for glove.

I would go with the CA9's or CA5's.

thanks! i saw the ca5's at my lhs and they were really breathable. i liked them a lot but unfortunately they don't carry any of your other pants. i'm going to order some. thanks again.

I wish they carried your product at the Hockey Monkey in NJ. I would love to be able to try the skates on. Does anyone know an NJ location where they have the product? I am in North NJ.

I'm sure they would. I was hoping to find a place that has it all in stock so I can see it, touch it, try on the different products in the pants, skates etc.... I wouldn't ask anyone to order in all those products, for a maybe.

Edited by BenderHockey

Hockey Giant in Cherry Hill has a couple of the skates (CA3, 5), but that's about it. Thanks a ton for posting that though, because I was going to go to HockeyMonkey on Monday to look at the CA7's lol, and I would have been very frustrated if I drove an hour and a half to not find them there haha.

Now I just need to figure out what size in the CA7, 9 or 9.5. Hmm.

Edited by EBondo

Justin, I was reading through the old Graf Canada thread and saw you post abput replacing the man's skates with missions. Your sir, just gained a lot of my respect!

I had a question pertaining to ca9 skates: does hockey xsport in Oakland carry them? A friend of mine told me he was looking for skates, and I immediately recommended them. Hopefully they carry them so that he can try them on.

Thanks Justin!

i've been using CA7 for 6 games now, and its always hurts at the side of mid foot for at least 15mnts then the pain is gone. Should i re-baked it?