Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Justin, I was reading through the old Graf Canada thread and saw you post abput replacing the man's skates with missions. Your sir, just gained a lot of my respect!

Indeed that was awesome, another reason why I am hoping Alkali ventures down the ice route in the future : )

i've been using CA7 for 6 games now, and its always hurts at the side of mid foot for at least 15mnts then the pain is gone. Should i re-baked it?

Yes. Definitely reheat fit them. Look at video on heat fitting to make sure you get the best fit.

Ok my friend is about to order some CA5's from the states.

He is a UK shoe size 10.5-11

However this needs to translate first to US sizes so I guess he would then be 11.5-12 US

Would he then order a size down? ie the US size he'd need to order would be 10.5-12 US

Trying to get this right first time as he has no way of trying these on in the UK and the ocst of shipping to the UK is fine, but paying the same to return etc etc would be a nightmare lol.

basically I have told this guy to get Alkali over the competition...please help me make sure he orders the right size or I'll look a twat ha ha!

I think the easiest is measure his foot in cm and go from that measurement rather than trying to decode UK-US shoe conversion when US-US is almost never the same

By any chance do the pants run on the small size.? . I bought the CA5 pants in adult large. They seem to be a bit snug compared to my other adult large inline pants.

By any chance do the pants run on the small size.? . I bought the CA5 pants in adult large. They seem to be a bit snug compared to my other adult large inline pants.

Yes, they are snug. I would size up one size.

I wish Inline pant manufacturers would start making like an extra-medium size or something for us guys who aren't exactly slim in the middle, but have short hobbit-like legs. I'm always forced to get pants that are too long, and tape them up, which I hate doing. :/

Regarding your 3 differing stick blade curves, which is closest to Bauer's P91A (Staal)? About to pull the trigger on a CA9 stick this week.

I'd like to check on the stiffness of the CA5 relative to similar priced skates such as the T6, RX25, and others. I'm really hoping to get a pair of skates that provides good value for money in terms of durability. I'm not too fussed about wheels as I'll be switching them over to outdoor wheels anyway. As such my main concern is with regards to stiffness/durability. The T6, I do know, has good stiffness for its price, but is slightly heavy.

Check inlinewarehouse.com. They should have them.

My foot length is 26,7cm, which size would I need in CA5s? 7 or 8?

We are almost exactly the same size. I wear a size 8.5 skate, but can fit into a 8. I would go with 8, since the 9 will be too big.

Similar question (I'd asked before and was advised to get a measurement)

My friend here in Scotland asked me what skate was best to go for - I've recommended the Alkali CA5 over the T6 and other skates out there (one's available in UK) and he's taking my advice even although this means shipping from US to Scotland.

With this in mind, he wanted to be totally sure he is ordering the right size skate - his foot is 27cm long and 11cm wide. Would he be ordering a 9? It's tricky to work the sizes as its usually a size down plus converting from UK to US size etc etc - it would be a nightmare to return back to US lol if he gets it wrong!

Brilliant - many many thanks for all the bits of help recently <3

I am properly a fanboi and converting my team mates ha ha

Thanks again!

Hey Justin, I'm interested in getting my son a set of CA7 or CA9's sometime down the road. He currently skates on Bauer RX:20 size 10R. His toes do not touch the end, and the R width is good. He skates on Bauer X:40's for ice hockey, size 9.5D. His toes just feather the ends. He had to get them baked twice and punched a bit to get the width to fit perfect.

Unfortunately, there are no shops near us in Whitby (East of the GTA) that carry your skates (that I know of) so we are looking for sizing recommendations. Should we look at 9.5 or 10's?

BTW, we are planning to convert them over to Sprung's on day one, as we play both ice and roller every week, sometes on the same day.

Thx for your help.

Justin,

One of the guys skating out at Winter Wars West for the Thunder team also plays goalie for them in PIHA and was very interested in your gear he saw Sunday. Any word if or when we'll see Alkali goalie gear?

Hey Justin, I'm interested in getting my son a set of CA7 or CA9's sometime down the road. He currently skates on Bauer RX:20 size 10R. His toes do not touch the end, and the R width is good. He skates on Bauer X:40's for ice hockey, size 9.5D. His toes just feather the ends. He had to get them baked twice and punched a bit to get the width to fit perfect.

Unfortunately, there are no shops near us in Whitby (East of the GTA) that carry your skates (that I know of) so we are looking for sizing recommendations. Should we look at 9.5 or 10's?

BTW, we are planning to convert them over to Sprung's on day one, as we play both ice and roller every week, sometes on the same day.

Thx for your help.

I would go with a size 9.5

Justin,

One of the guys skating out at Winter Wars West for the Thunder team also plays goalie for them in PIHA and was very interested in your gear he saw Sunday. Any word if or when we'll see Alkali goalie gear?

No goalie equipment anytime soon. I just made these, since I didn't have a pair for roller.