Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Just some glove feedback(ca9): they are very light weight and break in very quickly. The palms have shown good durability and they dry pretty fast as well. Protection is more than adequate. They feel awesome.

Appreciate the feedback! I ordered a pair for him on Monday, should have them next week. He's pumped to try them out.

I've seen a few pairs at tourneys, but the owner was either in them (playing) or not around their gear bag to ask. Glad I posted the question.

Appreciate the feedback! I ordered a pair for him on Monday, should have them next week. He's pumped to try them out.

I've seen a few pairs at tourneys, but the owner was either in them (playing) or not around their gear bag to ask. Glad I posted the question.

Of course! He will love them. If you want any other 3rd party feedback on the products just ask!

Just some glove feedback(ca9): they are very light weight and break in very quickly. The palms have shown good durability and they dry pretty fast as well. Protection is more than adequate. They feel awesome.

how about its finger length? is it longer than bauer 4 rolls? and im still not sure if CA5 is okay in terms of protection and palm durability since its a single layer nash.

My son used his CA9 gloves today in a game, loved them. They were a little stiff out of the box, but he took some time to stretch and bend them a bit beforehand and just that little bit loosened them up to the point that he didn't even think about having on a new pair of gloves. He was also a little skeptical at first as they felt overly grippy on his sticks (various brands with grip coating), but totally unwarranted come game time.

He's been wearing Mission T.9's since last December and he gave the CA9's a big nod over those after today. He found them to be incredibly light, comfortable and he didn't feel like he had any worries over protection - and he played against a pretty chippy team today.

@jazz4all - he's wearing 13" in both the CA9 and T.9's. If he goes with a Bauer 4-roll, he has to size up to 14" if that helps any. Can't speak to durability he just started using them.

how about its finger length? is it longer than bauer 4 rolls? and im still not sure if CA5 is okay in terms of protection and palm durability since its a single layer nash.

Finger length is relatively the same, I will toss on my 4-rolls tonight and report back.

The CA5 at the price point cant be beat.

They are available now. I believe all major online guys have them in stock now. If your local dealer doesn't have them in stock, they can order them from us and we can have them out the same day.

I just went to hockey monkey yesterday in NJ. Figured I'd give some feedback on the RPD's. I have to say, the construction is top notch as i looked the skate over very carefully. Not the lightest skate on the earth but if your complaining about the weight of this skate your nuts because it is light. Also looked at inhalers and wasn't as impressed TBH. Out of the box no baking just trying them on I must say I couldn't believe it was probably one of the most comfortable skates ever. I love the tongue and you can get great flop from it as well. I have very "picky" feet also, something always bothers me before and even after baking so saying it was comfy is huge. There is an aggressive foward pitch and for my foot seemed like less volume then my X60's but almost on par with my APX (my apx has less volume for my foot for some reason??). Wear a size 8D in X60 and 7.5D in APX and fit into an 8D like a dream. I really want to try these baked (probably amazing fit) but was a little weary of the all 80s and also the front wheel protrudes past the toe cap a significant amount. So i'm just not sure how that will feel but the foward pitch and flex of the tongue will probably offset that. All in all I must say i'm so impressed and people should check this skate out.

I just went to hockey monkey yesterday in NJ. Figured I'd give some feedback on the RPD's. I have to say, the construction is top notch as i looked the skate over very carefully. Not the lightest skate on the earth but if your complaining about the weight of this skate your nuts because it is light. Also looked at inhalers and wasn't as impressed TBH. Out of the box no baking just trying them on I must say I couldn't believe it was probably one of the most comfortable skates ever. I love the tongue and you can get great flop from it as well. I have very "picky" feet also, something always bothers me before and even after baking so saying it was comfy is huge. There is an aggressive foward pitch and for my foot seemed like less volume then my X60's but almost on par with my APX (my apx has less volume for my foot for some reason??). Wear a size 8D in X60 and 7.5D in APX and fit into an 8D like a dream. I really want to try these baked (probably amazing fit) but was a little weary of the all 80s and also the front wheel protrudes past the toe cap a significant amount. So i'm just not sure how that will feel but the foward pitch and flex of the tongue will probably offset that. All in all I must say i'm so impressed and people should check this skate out.

You are right on the money with the sizing for the RPD's, I've got the same set up with a size 7.5 APX & size 8 RPD. The out of the box volume should not worry you, the way the RPD is going to open up after baking and the way it molds to your foot will solve the volume issue. I'll be covering the forward pitch and all 80 set up in the next part of my Long Term Review on the RPD's so be sure to check that out.

I am going to be ordering a pair of CA9 and i am just a bit confused about what size to buy, i wear Reebok ice and roller hockey skates at the moment and they both are sized.

US : 9.5

EUR : 42.5

UK : 8.5

CM: 26.9

skate size 8D

I thought i would be an 8.5? would that be right?

also do the skates really need to be heat moulded? i have never done this for skates i have just broken them in buy wearing them?

I can't

I am going to be ordering a pair of CA9 and i am just a bit confused about what size to buy, i wear Reebok ice and roller hockey skates at the moment and they both are sized.
US : 9.5
EUR : 42.5
UK : 8.5
CM: 26.9
skate size 8D
I thought i would be an 8.5? would that be right?
also do the skates really need to be heat moulded? i have never done this for skates i have just broken them in buy wearing them?

I've never worn an RBK skate so I can't really comment on which way you're gonna want to go with sizing.

I can tell you without a doubt that you are going to want to bake the CA9 RPD.

Rbks have lots of volume so make sure you get the length right when sizing your foot in comparison to an alkali. With your rbks, take the laces out and pull the tongue right out. Foot in boot, toes feathering the toe cap, how much gap do you have between the back of your heel and the boot? If it is 1mm - 2mm, you will get a 1/2 size up ie size 8 rbk = size 8.5 alkali. If it is 5mm (pencil test example) then you could get size 8 alkali.

My previous skate was Rbk 10k's so I'm pretty sure I'm right with this.

thanks, i could fit a pencil between the boot and my heel so i will probably go for size 8.Then probably get them heat molded if i can, dont know if i trust myself doing it at home.

just in case anyone else is interested i emailed alkali directly and got a super quick reply from Jay Russel.

"Our skates run pretty similar to an RBK which should run 1.5 sizes smaller than your actual shoe size. If you are a 9.5 shoe (US) then I would go with an 8 skate.

I would go with the size 8…we have a few RBK skates laying around the office and I compared sizing just to be on the safe side and the 8 are pretty exact."

Just got the ca9 rpd skates. Love the fit, the only concern I have is that the chassis seems to be placed to much towards the front of the boot. The back wheel barely sticks out past the skate meanwhile the front one sticks out quite a lot. Is this normal?

Just got the ca9 rpd skates. Love the fit, the only concern I have is that the chassis seems to be placed to much towards the front of the boot. The back wheel barely sticks out past the skate meanwhile the front one sticks out quite a lot. Is this normal?

That seems by design from what i saw on the skates when i tried them on. That was my major concern as to how they were gonna feel skating. I also played an iron man this past weekend against john pinheiro (sp?) who had them on and they had the same look... didn't seem to mess his stride up!

Edited by flyweightphantom

Check out my Long Term Review on the Alkali CA9 RPD as I cover the topic of how the chassis is mounted.

On the RPD it does seem to be mounted a little bit further but as Justin has said to me, Alkali tries to mount their chassis as far back as possible on the boot.

On my skates there definitely is room to move the chassis back at least a quarter inch which would make the position of the chassis almost perfect in my position. It might just be a mental thing but I feel like it affects my skating but I only gave it one try, hopefully I can get used to it

My skates should be getting delivered tomorrow sometime, cant wait. I will let you know if my skates are like this.

I was just wondering if anyone who has the skates has noticed anything with the little height difference because its a little higher than other makes like having to extend your sticks or anything.

Height wise I didn't notice any difference in skating. I debated about changing my stick length but in the end stuck with what I had and everything settled in after a couple of weeks.