Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

My skates should be getting delivered tomorrow sometime, cant wait. I will let you know if my skates are like this.

I was just wondering if anyone who has the skates has noticed anything with the little height difference because its a little higher than other makes like having to extend your sticks or anything.

I didn't notice any difference at all in regards to any height difference and my stick length.

i got my skates delivered today, i don't know how to describe how good they feel.There so comfortable as well as being amazing skates.

on my skates its just roughly half of the front wheel that sticks out.it does not look or feel to far forward to me.

i got my skates delivered today, i don't know how to describe how good they feel.There so comfortable as well as being amazing skates.

on my skates its just roughly half of the front wheel that sticks out.it does not look or feel to far forward to me.

Can't wait to hear what you think after baking and skating GQRDY!!

yeah, i think i have changed my mind about that.I don't normally bake my skates i just break them in buy wearing them.I think that is what i am going to do with these, i dont trust myself to do it in my oven either. but i train twice a week so it shouldn't take to long.

Big win for our Pro Team At Torhs Winter Cup.

Congrats to your pro team! We took Gold in gold division and silver in silver division.

Has anyone gone from Bauer Vapors to Alkali and had an issue with the width? That's the only thing I am concerned about before I pull the trigger on a pair of CA9 RPD

I had to go down to a 6D in the CA9 from a 6.5D in RX60's....No problems with the boot, really compfy, I just can not get used to the frame on the skate.

There is a transition for some people when skating on a Hi-Lo to our chassis. It personally took me a month to get used to it. However, now that I am used to it I love it.

I had to go down to a 6D in the CA9 from a 6.5D in RX60's....No problems with the boot, really compfy, I just can not get used to the frame on the skate.

My son has 6D RX60's and they are 1/2 a size to small for me for length. I had to go 6.5 CA9's to get a perfect fit in length (25.5cm foot length, toes feathering toe box with about 1mm spare between back of heel and boot). I transitioned from 10k's (tri d-lite setup) and it took a couple of weeks but after that it's like I've been on them all my life and would be hard pressed to go back to any kind of hi lo setup now.

And another player I know has size 11 RX60's which are 1/2 a size to big for him, he is currently in 10.5 CA9's which fit him well for length.

Edited by Vet88

My son has 6D RX60's and they are 1/2 a size to small for me for length. I had to go 6.5 CA9's to get a perfect fit in length (25cm foot length, toes feathering toe box with about 1mm spare between back of heel and boot). I transitioned from 10k's (tri d-lite setup) and it took a couple of weeks but after that it's like I've been on them all my life and would be hard pressed to go back to any kind of hi lo setup now.

And another player I know has size 11 RX60's which are 1/2 a size to big for him, he is currently in 10.5 CA9's which fit him well for length.

I am of the group that went up a size from the Bauer APX compared to the Alkali, in my APX I am a 7.5 went with an 8 in the Alkali and the fit is perfect.

In regards to the width of the CA9, I think the baking here is the key. If they are too narrow, baking them is gonna open up them so much. The advice about standing after the bake was they key factor for me & changed the whole fit of the skate. I think if the boot is a little wide, the baking process is going to wrap your foot as well.

I apologize for not updating my LTR, I've been on the CA9 a ton and am going to provide some more thoughts & also get some quality pics of the chassis placement for folks.

Congrats to Alkali RPD...Narch West Coast Winters PRO Champs...Those guys are killing it!

Killed our Cal Beach Team too :facepalm: haha.. You guys look awesome from the highlights I watched, how long have they been playing together?

PS: Congrats on the 'ship!

There would be no issue putting a Vanguard on our skates. I have seen it done.

Thanks Justin. I was just more concerned with the mounting holes from the Alkali frame possibly being close to the new holes that would have to be drilled.

I got my skates baked on the weekend after not using them for a while due to games. and skated on them tonight they feel great apart from not used to the all 80mm chassis coming from a Reebok tri-di.

but i'm getting pain where the boot and toe cap meet , more on my right foot that my left since its a little smaller,

i didn't feel like i could get them tight enough because there still new and a little stiff.my foot was slipping a little

was just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue and if it goes away after the skates are properly broken in ??