Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I love the look of the new boots, and I also liked the previous models. Do you know of anyone wearing these on ice? Would there be any concern about doing that? I'm really impressed by the gloves too.

What holder did you go with? (More of a cosmetic question.)

How high are the Alkali boots compared to the old Mission Flyweights / sN00 Series?

Sorry for the game of 20 questions!

I have Pitch holder on still. As for the comparison, the height is a similar in height to the S-Series skates I believe. I don't have a sample still of that skate, so I am just going off memory.

Our skates run around 1.5 sizes down from your shoe size. Our new skates are wider in the forefoot than previous models. We have adjusted our last to work better with our new chassis, and provide additional comfort. We don't build a EE skate, since our boots, when heat fitted properly, can fit a EE width foot.

Just ordered my CA9 RPD's Justin, was trying to hold out til September/October but need new skates now.
Can't wait to get these!

I ended up ordering a size 8.5 because I have a 26.5-27cm foot, does that sound like the right size?

Thanks again for all your help!
Sam.

I've been looking at these skates thinking that they would be pretty sweet as an ice conversion.

So for the guys that have done this, How've they stood up to the ice game? without actually holding the skate I have no clue

I have been on my CA9 (which are not as well built as the CA9 RPD or the new RPD MAX) for over 18 months, and they have held up great. No issues at all.

After staying up all night so I could drive to fedex first thing I finally have my CA9 RPD's(btw what does that stand for?).

Initial thoughts are these skates look amazing, and the stiffness is great.
I'd go as far as saying theyre stiffer than my barely used Wicked 1's and I believe that's saying something.

Design of the skate is very different to what i'm used to but in a good way, compared to my missions my leg is more forward of the eyelets.
Was worried I had the wrong size at first because of this but after a quick roll around I've found its perfect for the boot and chassis.

The supposed excessive forward pitch that some people were fearing is rubbish, the pitch is exactly the same as both my wicked skates which is exactly what I wanted.
Heel lock is great, you don't realise how good that is until you experience it, cant wait to see how that translates to my agility tonight at the rink.

I can still manuever just fine if not better, these boots allow much better side ankle movement.

Another myth I can dispell is the height, they don't at all feel tall or "like on stilts", they feel normal.

Bearings are smooth and fast, no noise at all.
These addictions feel much stickier than the new set of white 688 addictions I have sitting here, very impressed.

Weight wise they feel on par with the wickeds if not a slight bit lighter which is always welcome.

Hot spots around my big toes in both skates which the bake will take care of.
I wasn't originally expecting these skates to arrive until next week so don't have time to bake before the weekend sessions.

Delivered in only 4 days from from California to Brisbane, Australia.

I can't wait to see how fast these bad boys are tonight.

Hopefully i'll get some video action.

Words really don't do the quality, fit and finish of these skates justice.
A credit to Justin, Joe, Jay and the Alkali crew.
If you haven't already tried these do yourself a favour! :)

PS Justin being fairly aggressive on my skates I tend to damage boots so i'm going to be taping these up as a precaution.
Would you guys ever consider releasing Alkali and/or RPD branded hockey tape?
I'd love to tape these up but still rep the brand.

Thanks again for all your help! :)

I am currently looking to replace my Boss SE with either the CA9 or CA9 RPD.

I am in a size 10EE in the Missions, what would be the right size Alkalis for me?

It all depends on how the Missions fit you, how much space do you have down the back of the heel? For width the alkali moulds to your foot. I would say you would get a 10.5 but if your missions have some room you might get away with a 10. Alkali generally fit 1/2 a size up from the Boss SE and onward range.

From what Vet88 said a size 10 could fit me. Thanks for the guideline!

I would love to try them on somewhere. But as far as I know there are only two stores here in Germany that have them. One is about 3 hours away and the other one 7 hours...

That stinks. I would still get your foot measured somewhere. Boots mold to your foot more and more over time and to base a measurement off another boots size seems a little odd to me.

I would love to try them on somewhere. But as far as I know there are only two stores here in Germany that have them. One is about 3 hours away and the other one 7 hours...

Well, hockeycorner has the CA9 on close-out size 10 for 250€, the CA9-RPD in 9.5/10.5 for 320€ - had I not just purchased RX:60s I'd have gone with the RPD in a heartbeat. (The shop was hit by a flood recently, they are selling like crazy to keep the lights on...)

That’s where I want to order. Unfortunately I am in Cologne.

I think I am going to order the CA9s and see how they fit. The price is insane!

My feet are 26.5-27cm and my RPDs are size 8.5, shoe size is 10US.

And i'm usually a EE in other brands.

Hope that can be of help.

Edited by Wicked3Aussie