Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Well my official review is up in the equipment section for anyone interested. After a weekend of playing these are just getting better. Still just a little bit more to feel like they are completely broken in but I am very pleased with how they already perform

Justin..when is the new range hitting UK shores? comparing the skates to the older range..you can physically see that rake in the boot..looks like you will have the MOST effective all 80mm setup.

Hey Justin. I posted this in another thread but I'll ask here as well, since you recently posted here.

"Hey Justin,

Do you guys make the RPD Comps.in 8.5? Every site I've gone to only has 8s and 9s. I wear a size 10 shoe and ordered a pair of 9s. Do you think they'll be too big after a baking session? Or still fit well?

Thanks"

Btw, I haven't received and tried on my size 9 Comps yet. Just wondering what the fit will be like after a bake. Since I normally wear an 8.5 skate I don't want to make the boot any bigger than it needs to be.

If you wear an 8.5 skate in current Bauer / Mission / CCM / Rbk / Tour then a 9 Alkali should fit the same, length wise.

I wear an 8.5 in my old Bauer Supreme 5000 ice skates. If they're the same sizing as any current skate, then I'm glad to hear the size 9 Alkalis will fit fine. Thanks, Vet.

Justin,

So i decided to take a dive into the Alkali family for the first time but since im set for skates i decided to give your pants a try. mine right now are serviceable but i really like the look of the black and charcoal rpd team pants (the max electric looks great too but its a niche color but give credit where credit is due)

but before i buy i have questions.

-I currently have Mission Helium 10,000 pants in a senior medium and they fit great except if it wasnt for the built in shin straps the bottoms threaten going into the wheels. And despite my larger size I also have really old cinch string missions (from the same era of the vibe chassis) and they are small. they fit fine (im wearing them now for house lounging and regularly for pick up games) but are tight once i have my jock and shins on. What size RPD pants would you recommend? BTW for what its worth I wear both pants below the waist on my hips

- Besides design whats the difference between the MAX and TEAM pants? the only thing i see in specs is the material but how does that differ between the two, one more ventilated/stretchy/durable/weight etc.

- on InlineWarehouse they say both have dual knees 1680 outside and 210 inside. Is that correct? i ask bc is says all of the new line has dual knees but on the alkali site it lists only the team and max with them.

Thanks for your time Justin. Im going to try to find them local but i dont have high hopes. only 1 store around here carries alkali and theyre very limited and their staff is less than stellar,

Our pants run similar in sizing to the old Mission pants, so you should be fine in a size medium. The main difference between the Max and the Team is the material. The material on the Max has more stretch, a softer touch, and it a bit more abrasion resistance. Both are great options and you can't go wrong with either. Finally, both pants have dual layer knees.

Justin,

So i decided to take a dive into the Alkali family for the first time but since im set for skates i decided to give your pants a try. mine right now are serviceable but i really like the look of the black and charcoal rpd team pants (the max electric looks great too but its a niche color but give credit where credit is due)

but before i buy i have questions.

-I currently have Mission Helium 10,000 pants in a senior medium and they fit great except if it wasnt for the built in shin straps the bottoms threaten going into the wheels. And despite my larger size I also have really old cinch string missions (from the same era of the vibe chassis) and they are small. they fit fine (im wearing them now for house lounging and regularly for pick up games) but are tight once i have my jock and shins on. What size RPD pants would you recommend? BTW for what its worth I wear both pants below the waist on my hips

- Besides design whats the difference between the MAX and TEAM pants? the only thing i see in specs is the material but how does that differ between the two, one more ventilated/stretchy/durable/weight etc.

- on InlineWarehouse they say both have dual knees 1680 outside and 210 inside. Is that correct? i ask bc is says all of the new line has dual knees but on the alkali site it lists only the team and max with them.

Thanks for your time Justin. Im going to try to find them local but i dont have high hopes. only 1 store around here carries alkali and theyre very limited and their staff is less than stellar,

Justin,

1. Do the RPD Max's come in 5.5?

2. How would these hold up for ice hockey? Thanks.

The Max do not come in size 5.5. They definitely will hold up for Ice. I am skating them on Ice and know a few others that are skating them on Ice as well.

Thanks Justin. Although the max pants look premo I'll try the Teams as I need to buy some ice pants as well. I'll let you know how they are but I do have high hopes. But I will say that the helium 10000 pants I got on clearance years ago will be hard to beat, not sure if you were with them back then but they were really well designed.

The Max do not come in size 5.5. They definitely will hold up for Ice. I am skating them on Ice and know a few others that are skating them on Ice as well.

What size would you recommend? Lengthwise I'm 5.5 in RBK. Thanks.

I am not as familiar with Reebok, so I will let the guys on here comment on size compared to Reebok,

Souldriver, I designed the 10000 pants you have. That was in the middle of my time there.

I am not as familiar with Reebok, so I will let the guys on here comment on size compared to Reebok,

Souldriver, I designed the 10000 pants you have. That was in the middle of my time there.

Like I said best pants I ever had, and to me that generation of pants made the jump from cinch tie swishy pants to legit roller pants happen, for me at least. they truly are great and will be great backups. the reason why im looking for new ones is the elastic material in the left knee is completely;y gone and it has beem hooking onto the shinguard and moving it out of place. With my leg length the elastic took a lot of the damage when i dove instead of the double knees :/

But if those were designed by you i cant wait to take a look at the new lineup and see how far things manifested.

On a side note, not sure if you did the lower end pants of that year but a couple of my team mates still are repping their 7500 and theyre all in good shape and their elastic patches arnt nearly as beat up as mine. but we all play multiple games a week at a competitive/semi-competitive level

What size would you recommend? Lengthwise I'm 5.5 in RBK. Thanks.

If your toes are close to brushing the toe cap in Rbks then you need size 6 Alkali.

• Like 1

I just got my Shift skates in the mail two days ago. I have only been able to push around my house because technically they are a Christmas gift from my parentsit, but I have noticed that they feel a little loose towards the bottom three eyelets. length and width are perfect but basically where the plastic insert in the tongue ends, it feels like their maybe too much volume. Is this normal or will it go away when I bake them and get more wrap. It doesn't necessarily feel bad but i've just never experienced that feeling.

That will go away with a heat fit. That is the wider forefoot in our new boots, and will wrap more with the heating. I personally have a narrow foot, and a heat fit allows the boot to wrap around my narrow foot.

Just pulled the trigger and ordered a pair of Alkali Shift skates! size 9 (same as my current mission Boss SE's) hopefully they fit. Excited to give these things a try and hoping I like them better than my all time favourite skates, the Old Mission Proto VSI's!

• Like 1

When baking the skate do you recommend putting in the stock insoles or if you'll be using different ones use those. I ask because I feel like if you put in the narrow stock ones, it will conform better to your foot as opposed to the wider ones I have been using if that makes sense.

Justin, what is the difference between the RPD Shift and the RPD Max? I feel like these could solve my fat forefoot problem, but the difference between the two is $250, which is a lot of money. The only differences I see are the wheels, bearings, frames, and the liner (AEPE vs Hyper Light). Is this it? Also, would you care to share what makes the AEPE different from the Hyper Light?

Edited by kovalchuk71

I was wondering this myself. Wheels and bearings I can replace myself with what I already have and a mag frame isn't too big of a deal to me. But I was wondering what makes the boots different mostly stiffness wise. It seems the only boots lasting me lately are missions super stiff boots which I like a lot fwiw