Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

That is pretty cool, I just popped on here because I am looking for some info on Alkali skates, but I am in Melbourne, Australia, I have an old pair of Mission Assassin SE Skates which have now seen better days, I am a size, 10.5 US

shoe size, so would I be looking at 9 or 8.5 or a pair of Alkali skates, will I be able to handle the all 80mm wheels ? Obviously me buying the overseas I have to be a bit more picky before I go and buy a pair.

I would go with a 9.0 -9.5 if I was you, I'm a 10.5 in some shoes and 11 in others and the 9.0 was too tight for me.. I had to sent them back and re-order a 9.5

A 10.5 shoe should be a size 9 skate. However, it is all about preference. Some people would go with a 9.5, if they do not like their toe touching the toe box.

Thanks for the replies, Brendt, Justin, I think that pretty much would put me into a 9.5, would prefer to not have a my toe touching and sounds like I am similar to Brent, 10.5 in some and 11 in others.

Cheers.

Any thoughts about going from a HiLo to the 80mm flat, would I eventually just get used to it ?

i'm a 10 shoe and i first bought an 8 but definitely too small just got my new pair 8.5 fits perfect definitely one of the most comfortable boots ever out of the box. Although even on this new pair, the frames are mismatched in their placement on the boot. One frame is a few mm's too far foward or vice versa same as I had with the size 8 maybe just something with the batch I received.

Edited by flyweightphantom

That is pretty cool, I just popped on here because I am looking for some info on Alkali skates, but I am in Melbourne, Australia, I have an old pair of Mission Assassin SE Skates which have now seen better days, I am a size, 10.5 US

shoe size, so would I be looking at 9 or 8.5 or a pair of Alkali skates, will I be able to handle the all 80mm wheels ? Obviously me buying the overseas I have to be a bit more picky before I go and buy a pair.

I'd be going a 1/2 size up on your Assassins if you want a similar length fit eg 9 Assassins = 9.5 Alkali The SE range has a similar length fit to the Axiom range and a guy I play with had size 10 T10's and fits a 10.5 Alkali.

The all 80 setup requires a little bit of adjustment to the high low but after 2 or 3 skates you won't notice it.

Edited by Vet88

so the long and short is i got both the Max (black&red) and Team (black Charcoal) pants today and was excited to try them on.

One disclaimer though is from the promo photos and all the press leading up to it the Max in red and black showed black knees and a white crotch gusset. Inline Warehouse has it showing this in their pics (i believe alkali did have pics early on of it both being black) but they came with a white gusset and white knees (see hockeymonkeys pics of them) this isnt an issue for most, im not a fan of white bc to me its flashier and it dirties real easy but im not holding it against the pants. I actually called the alkali number to see if certain stores get a certain stock and it turned out to be a larger issue for them than just a color thing. I spoke to Stephen, and he was really a great help and was very apologetic for everything although none of it was my fault.

what i noticed rigth away is that the pants feel light and thin but not at all flimsy or cheaply made. i would say both pairs of pants, together, weigh roughly the same as my current mission inhaler 10k pants which is pretty impressive. the stretch materials on the Max seem super thin and pliable, while wearing them it felt like nothing, legitimately nothing. but once again feeling the material it really earns the name of being a platinum premium material. I love the zipper fly though one concern is the zipper felt small and very light duty (once again not to be confused with flimsy) compared to my old missions and there was a flap behind the zipper that got caught in it even when zipping it up off my body. may just be a "me" issue but i would hate to have a stuck zipper after a game and have someone help me with my crotch. i also dont think it is the zipper or bad construction, i think the material is just so thin it gets in there easy.

The Team pants and the one im going to stick with was just as impressive. the material was definitely a tad bit thicker and not as weightless as the Max's but it was still very free flowing and airy. i was concerned about not having a fly zipper but once adjusted i could easily get it off over my jock and cup by undoing one of the belt sides so no worries there. these pants did seem to fit my shorter stouter frame a little better but it may just be my imagination. The knees placement is pretty good, they could be a little higher for me but im also 5'7" with short legs wearing a large so this would be an issue with any pants i try, theyll be perfect for most. I did notice the legs were a little tighter than my missions (once again i have thick everything) even though alkali went to a looser fit its still not baggy. i usually dont like it tight at all but the material stretches so well that i can move easily and it clings to me a little better so its less likely to sag into the wheels.

one thing to say about both the materials is that yes they stretch but they wont stretch easy to you pulling lightly on them, they will easily go with body movement and they dont seem to over stretch. to me that makes it seem like they are a bit more sturdy and will hold up in the long haul.

I have to say both pants are impressive and ill look forward to writing more on the Teams after a couple of games, first one is tonight and we already had our bye weeks so it should be sooner than later.

• Like 1

Finally after a couple of days being delayed by UPS I received my exchanged pair of Shift skates.. Originally I tried a size 9 (because my missions are a size 9) but they were too tight, tried on the 9.5s, and my toes are still up against the cap (whereas in my missions they ever so slightly brush up against it) Going to have them baked and wear the thinnest socks possible and try them out on sunday.. Hopefully They will be ok......

Pants are AWESOME!

I can see how the lighterweight fabric on the MAX pants would be better for those last minutes where it seems the world is weighing on you but im totally cool with these as they are soooo good.

Thinking about making the Alkali RPD Comp my next skate, but Im a little worried about the general fit. I have a wider foot and need a little extra room in the forefoot and toe areas. I currently skate on the Tour Thor LX5 in a size 10. They are a little long but fit nice and wide.

Any recommendations? Are these skates right for me?

Thinking about making the Alkali RPD Comp my next skate, but Im a little worried about the general fit. I have a wider foot and need a little extra room in the forefoot and toe areas. I currently skate on the Tour Thor LX5 in a size 10. They are a little long but fit nice and wide.

Any recommendations? Are these skates right for me?

Get the Alkalis into a skate bake oven & they'll give you the best fit of any boot!

These skates are designed to give you the perfect mould, I love mine.

so the long and short is i got both the Max (black&red) and Team (black Charcoal) pants today and was excited to try them on.

My Alkali RPD Comp pants come in on Wednesday. First pant change for me in several years. I have been in Mission BSX/A3/Bauer Team (all the same pant essentially) for about 3-4 years. Was in Mission Soldier pants before that, so pretty much the same pant type for a long time now. I ordered a pair of the first Alkali pants to come out, but they were no where close to fitting me. I wear a large in Mission and their XL was even too tight in the waist! I am glad they changed their fit to be more "Mission-like".

I will make sure to let everyone know how I like the Comp since Souldriver took care of the Max and Team... One thing I will say that I hate changing my gear up (except sticks!). I am have been in the same skates and gloves for about 3+ years, same helmet for 2+ years and just changed my elbows and shins for the first time since the last winter Olympics!

I know what you feel about with the fit. If I go to the xl it will be too big in the waist and length. the L fits nice but is a little too tight in the legs and I need to really pull the pants over the shins.

Got my Alkali RPD Comp pants yesterday, but due to traffic - I wasnt able to stop at home to grab the shipment before my games... I tried them on when I got home...

The fit in the waist and upper area is perfect for me. I like the elastic in the back of the waistband and also like the belt system. It seems like it "grabbed" better than my current pants (Bauer Team/Mission A3).

I do see what you are getting at Souldriver on the leg width. It took a little more effort to get the pant leg over my shin guards. And I wear small/anatomical shin guards (Bauer Supreme, 13 inch). They still got over though.

Overall, I am happy with them just trying them on at home. They are very light and had good mobility. The crotch gusset seemed great for this pricepoint.

One thing I am curious about that I am hoping Justin can answer... The tag on the pants says they should not be machine washed. I am curious why? Maybe all roller pants are like that, but I have been washing my current pants 2 times a week in the washer with no problems.

For me I wear older Easton synergy 300 shins and I have big legs. I need to stretch them over and shimmy them down, I'm always afraid that they'll rips when pulling them over.

Thank you. After looking at them closely, I can see why. I think a non-gentile wash cycle and the heat from the dryer may damage the graphics of the pant and the mesh parts as well.

I think I will take your advice and wash them more sparingly and let them air dry.

Thank you.

You don't need to worry about the graphics. The graphics are sublimated and will never fall off. We sublimate our pants for that reason alone. We don't you to ever worry about the pant not looking good. Finally, a gentle wash cycle is perfectly ok for the pants.

SkateSafe. Narch Winter Nationals. Skates will be worn for sure. Had them on for a few hours just sitting at home and coming from the rpd boot this is a massive improvement in my eyes.

SkateSafe. Narch Winter Nationals. Skates will be worn for sure. Had them on for a few hours just sitting at home and coming from the rpd boot this is a massive improvement in my eyes.

Skatesafe is the next town over from me and is one of my regular rinks. I'll try looking up the dates and the times and maybe I'll come down to see some good people play compared to our beer league.