Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
J03

Bauer TotalOne

Bauer Total One

Flex: 87

Curve: P88 GripTac

Time-frame of use: Since March

Aesthetics: This stick is beautiful. Sharp and original graphics, with underlying checkerboard composite wrapping. 10/10

Weight and balance: Extremely light, possibly lighter than my Warrior Kronik which weighs 420 grams. I would put this stick at about 415 grams. 10/10

Blade: Very durable, no chips or wear on it to date. Pretty light blade as well, although the blade on my Kronik feels lighter. Regardless, it makes stick-handling a lot easier/faster. Catches passes perfectly - no bouncing whatsoever. 9/10

Shaft/Flex: My favorite feature of this stick - the shaft fits perfectly into your hands; nice concave shaft, feels thinner than most sticks. Also has the tac spiral inlays that have just enough grip, perfect for me. Great flex, not too stiff nor too soft. 10/10

Stickhandling & Passing: As mentioned before, stickhandling is a breeze due to the light shaft, and the blade receives passes as good as it can get. 10/10

Shooting: I can absolutely rip shots with this stick. The mid kick point is awesome, and it seems I'm able to pick the corners a little easier than with other sticks. Snap shots are almost effortless. 10/10

Durability: I have little to no wear on this stick since buying it over two months ago. It surprisingly has taken some pretty decent slashes and left just about nothing but minor scratches near the bottom of the shaft. Probably as durable as it gets. 10/10

Conclusion: This stick is pretty solid. The first Bauer I've owned, but from what I'm told they're all very durable. I have no complaints with this stick whatsoever - it's everything I can ask for. Extremely light, amazing feel, and effortless shots. Best stick I've ever owned, hands down. I bought an S19 the same day, and didn't really care for the feel. I'm very happy that I decided to try the TotalOne.

69/70 = 98%

I highly recommend this stick, although it'll run you about $230 and some change.

Bauer TotalONE

87 flex

Non-grip p91a

Time Frame: Since November

Aesthetics: All black stick with some yellow and silver lines running down the shaft and bauer written on the bottom third of the shaft, nothing flashy but nothing that will knock you out 9/10

Weight and Balance: Probably one of the lightest and most well balanced sticks I've had, when I first got the stick, it felt like nothing was in my hand. 10/10

Blade: This blade has held up pretty well, it's had some pretty sizable chips in it but it's holding up pretty well. Not too pingy catches passes well, no torquing when I shoot. It's no ONE95 blade but it has decent feel. 8/10

Shaft/Flex: I really like the spiral grip on this, feels perfect in my fingers. The shaft is on the squarer side and feels really nice in my hands. It flexes as marked and loads really nicely on slappers. My wrist shots and snap shots get off nicely too. 9/10

Stick Handling/ Passing: I can throw and receive passes nicely, stickhandling is good the blade has a good feel. 9/10

Shooting: Probably the best part about this stick, I can absolutely rip shots with this. It loads nicely and I can get off shots quickly. Snapshots get off great; wrist shots too. 10/10

Durability: I'm really surprised at how durable this stick's been. I've been using it at a AAA level for practically a whole season. I don't shoot alot but I dig in corners pretty aggressively so 8 months is almost unheard of for one of my sticks. Blade has kept most of its rigidity as well. 10/10

Conclusion: This is a great stick. Everything's gone well with it and although it has a pretty high price tag, I think it's worth it, especially with how durable it is.

Overall grade 9/10

Bauer Total One

Flex:102

Curve: P91a GripTac

Time-frame of use: 6+months

Aesthetics: At first I was not really a fan of the color scheme, but this quickly became irrelevant once I fell in love with the stick! 8/10

Weight and balance: The lightest stick I have used and more importantly felt comfortable with in my hands! The balance of the stick in my opinion is amazing! 10/10

Blade: The blade took a little getting used to coming from one95's. It felt more lively to me. Passes would bounce ahead sometimes, but I blame my stone hands more so than the blade! It has taken a beating and probably 600 slap shots and my first blade finally softened a little. Once that happened it seemed that it improved my snap and wrist shots. By soft I mean not as rigid. It is far from being "Soft". The only thing I would change is make it feel closer to a one95. 9/10

Shaft/Flex: This took me a second to adjust too coming from one95's. Once I figured out where my placement of the lower hand should be, I like it so much more! I love the dimensions. The square shaft fits my hands a lot better. All my shots are faster, my release feels quicker, and in my opinion it has held it's pop a lot longer than my one95's did. 10/10

Stickhandling & Passing: As I said before, I do not have the best hands. I am more of a power player. That being said, there is no stick at this point where I feel as comfortable or better yet capable with. Single handed moves are a breeze.

Passing is crisp and consistent. Stretch saucer passes are a breeze. 10/10

Shooting: Shooting with this stick is the best part! I love slap shots with the totalone! More like total cannon! Accuracy is great. The only stick I felt like I had more power with was a prostock S19 I had. But it took a lot of effort to outshoot the totalone. Because of the effortless shot I would take the totalone over the s19 hands down. 10/10

Durability:I have played both D and forward in our top tier beer league(lots of hard stick checking) and aside from a couple scratches it still is holding up. As I stated earlier, it has not whipped out or even come close. I take maybe 200 slap shots a week between stick time and games. I am also 6'6 300 lbs. so if it hasn't whipped out for me...I would say it should hold up for most.

So in my mind durability is amazing for a top end stick. 10/10

Conclusion: This is the stick i compare all others to. I have tried out a fair amount as well. U+CL, 11K, Dolo, AK27, S19, EQ50, X:60, ST, One95, One85. I would have to say though in order to make it a 10/10 stick I would change the blade feel more toward a one95 and I would change the graphics a bit. So in the end I will rate it a 9.5

I have tried other sticks hoping to improve only because I am a nut case like that, but I always come back. It feels better each time I do it as well.

You should highly consider this stick If you want a stick that has loads of power, durability, great feel, and that is light as well.

Bauer Total One

Flex:87

Curve: P88

Time-frame of use: 6+months

Aesthetics: Really loved the non-grip version of this stick :) 9/10

Weight and balance: Such a light stick! Not as light as my RS but still well balanced. 8.5/10

Blade: Blade was very nice to get used to. I like catching passes with one hand and they just stick to the blade. I also love the feel! Great to feel the puck in traffic. 9.5/10

Shaft/Flex: The shaft is nice, but a bit to thick in my opinion. I like the thin shaft of the RS a little better. The shaft is good but the tac spiral comes off very often. This leads to having to candy cane my shaft. My first TO broke in the shaft though so it was not so great on durability. 8/10

Stickhandling & Passing: I am more of a dangler and sniper. I dangle a lot in the offensive zone, so this stick helps for my stickhandling. I can also put the puck wherever it needs to go when passing. I can get it through 3-4 players to my player for the breakaway. So this stick is very good for both 10/10

Shooting: Shooting with this stick is very one sided. My one timers (a common shot I take) is amazing! I can nail them up to 94 mph with the total one. The only downside with this stick is I feel my snap shot and wrist shot are affected by the TotalOne. I cant aim as well with a mid kick as i can with a low kick. Also my shot seems harder and a faster release with my low kick RS. Great stick to use though for my powerplays. 8/10

Durability: I play the highest level of hockey here in Germany and my sticks take a lot of beating. I train probably 7 times a week and my first TO lasted for about 1.5 months. This is about normal with my sticks, due to a lot of training and games. It could of lasted longer but it was good while it lasted. My first broke in the shaft where the kickpoint is and my second broke in the blade. 7/10

Conclusion: This stick is a great stick for the person who dangles and does alot of onetimers. For the player that likes snapshots and wristshots like me, i think you should go with something else. The looks are great and really look good from the crowd. The durability is decent but not great. I would recommend it to people who liked the One95 and to D men. Overall i would purchase this stick as a back up and use it mostly for powerplays :) 8.5/10

Bauer Totalone

Flex 87

Curve: P14

Grip

Time Frame of use

Appox 3 weeks

Aesthetics

I Personally like the design, simple and not too flashy. Not as nice as a sharp black look like the Easton RS but still isn't still standoutish and looks doesn't affect performance 8.5/10

Weight and Balance: The weight is light as expected with a top end stick probably around the 415-430g mark. If you were to compare this stick to the balance of the APX you would feel that it is more blade heavy, not a huge diffence but its still there. The balance I find to be very comfortable in the hands and easy to get used to. 10/10

Blade: Bauer did something extremely right when creating this blade, it is not to stiff that you will feel passes bounce off your stick and yet not to soft where you sacrifice accuracy on your shot. I find myself knowing where the puck is all the time on my stick and very comfortable with your head up, which is probably the biggest factor I look at when using a stick. 10/10

Shaft and Flex: Personally out of all the sticks I have every used I find this stick to be the most comfortable and best for puckhandling. Note that I perfer a square shaft more than a rounded one so this is perfect. The flex in bauer is something that I have fell in love with, I really like the amplified mid kick point they have introduced it allows me to get off hard shots that are important on the powerplay. The mid-flex does not affect the speed of release on my shot if find of anything it increases it. I may be a little bias to this stick seeming that i am a huge fan of mid kick and square shafts. If you also like that than this is the stick for you. Also my first one lasted a solid 3 months which i believe in the league I play in and the amount of slashing I do is a long time. 10/10

Stickhandling and Passing: I don't have any doubts that you will have success dangling and saucing the puck with this stick. The balance i find helps these attributes out alot. 10/10

Shooting: I love the kickpoint in this stick, best shooting stick i have ever used, got my slapshot up to 87 mph which for a guy my size and age is very good. (age 17 height 5'8 weight 173lbs). I am not sure if the cutting of the stick i do is a factor but if it is not, it is a wonderful shooting and overall stick. 10/10

Durability: As I said previously my first totalone lasted 3 months and with the amount of ice i have I would say that this is the longest I have ever had a stick for in the past 3 years. 10/10

Conclusion: Great puckhandling, great feel, great shot, great looks. I would say that if you like a more traditional mid kick square shafted stick this is the one for you. Bauer also offers many patterns so it is almost a guarantee you will find the one suited for you. I recommend this to the person that likes taking clappers, one tees and snapshots. The best thing about this stick to me is the balance not too top heavy where you can't feel the blade and not to blade heavy where you sacrifice puckhandling. Overall great stick. 10/10

Bauer TotalOne

Flex: 102

Curve: P92

Personal Specs:

22 Years old, 5'11'', 195lbs. On ice ~5 hrs/week in Men`s league and Drop-in hockey

Use:

2.5 Months

Aesthetics: 10/10

This stick looks great, I love the matte look of the blade, and the subtle but sharp graphics. The stick I got is pro stock model, which was grey graphics on a black stick and looked damn sexy.

Weight and Balance: 1010

The stick is quite light, although still has enough weight to it that you can comfortably knock the puck off someone else's stick. It's great for stick checking and is heavy enough so that when hit it does not have a complete mind of its own. The balance is great, very easy to control one handed while poke checking or shielding the puck with your body.

Blade: 10/10

This blade is excellent, there is incredible puck feel and flex while the checkered matte finish looked great. The blade was very consistent, which was a nice change because all passes and shots made the same way reacted the same. I did break the blade of this stick, but it was an unfortunate play where the stick was jammed into the boards head on and any stick would have broken under these circumstances.

Shaft and Flex: 10/10

The mid kick of this shaft was very easy to get used to, very easy to pre-load in a shot and quite predictable. The kick is perfect for any range of shots, from a big slapshot to a simple snapshot it was easy to put the puck where you want it to go. The concave square shaft felt nice in my hands, and the non grip finish was great. Passing is very easy with this stick, even though I had a fairly stiff stick it was still easy to put a puck tape to tape.

Stickhandling and Passing: 10/10

Stickhandling with this stick is a breeze, the blade provides exceptional puck feel and I find myself knowing exactly where the puck is on my stick without having to look at it. Passing is very easy with this stick, even though I had a fairly stiff stick it was still easy to put a puck tape to tape. The p92 curve is also perfect for saucer passes as it got the puck up and sat it flat in the air.

Shooting: 10/10

The mid kick is perfect. This is easily the best shooting stick I have ever used, the puck explodes off the blade, and accuracy is pinpoint.

Durability: 10/10

The stick is quite durable from what I have found, I do a lot of stick checking as a defense man and it held up to that test. I broke the blade after 2.5 months of use, but this was not a fault of the stick it went straight into the boards and snapped like any other stick would. Unlike other sticks, the Total One did not chip as easily as others on the blade and shaft from stick on stick contact, which was a major bonus for me as many of my other sticks have fallen due to this.

Conclusion:

The Bauer Total One is without a doubt the most fun I have had with a hockey stick in a long time. It was everything I expected it to be and lived up to the hype. Quite lite and perfectly balanced, it is easy to shoot pass and check with, and puck feel is incredible. It is priced competitively with other sticks of this caliber and I feel would make a great addition to any stick quiver out there.

Final Rating: 10/10

Bauer Total One

Flex: 87 retail (cut down about an inch to a 90ish flex)

Curve: P88 kane lie 6, open face, mid curve, round toe.

grip: corner tactical spiral, giving it the candy cane feel

Time of use: Since october of 2010(original release date)

Aesthetics: The total one was truely an eye catcher.i ordered mine custom off of bauer.com so it was black and orange(to match my highschool) and it was really a great looking stick. almost looked like the total ones that the flyers use. 10/10

Weight and balance: rediculously light, but i felt that it was a bit heavier toward the blade. it wasnt noticibly heavy but it weighs about 433 grams, about 10 grams less than my easton rs that is my main stick i use 10/10

Blade: certainly a very tough and sturdy blade, it mainly has a very scratches, no noticible chips in it. it is a super light blade but regardless, it makes the stickhandling feel a bit faster than my rs. 9/10

Shaft/Flex: this is the best part of the stick.it fits right into the palm of my glove perfectly. it is a square shaft but it has the spiral grip on the side so it feels like there is grip, but makess it easy to slide your hands up and down the shaft. the 87 flex is a great flex but i wish they had retail 82 flex available like they do on bauer's website. 9/10

Stickhandling & Passing: like i mentioned above it is certainly a very light stick so the stickhandling comes natural. the blade receives passes perfect, easy to make those beautiful saucer passes clear across the rink 9/10

Shooting: I have an absolute laser of a shot with this stick. The mid kick point makes the stick really nice to shoot with, and the puck just seems to fit perfectly into the corners of the net, wrist shots come beyond easy. 10/10

Durability: After owning this stick for over a year now there are no major marks on the stick that are noticible. It has been stepped on, slashed beyond belief and really put through the everyday wear and tear of hockey but nothing seems to show. possibly one of the sturdiest and most durable sticks ive used. 10/10

Conclusion: this stick makes shooting a breeze, sends those saucer passes clear across the net, and stays durable against all slashes. if money is no issue and your looking for a top of the line stick that is lightweight this is the stick for you. i would give the total one a 9/10 overall

Bauer TotalOne SE Griptac (Euro only version)

Flex: 102

Curve: P92

Height: 6'1

Weight: 230

Postition: D

Time-frame of use: April 2012, part of a practice.

Qualifying comment: The majority of my impressions are based upon holding the stick prior to usage.

Aesthetics: I really like the graphics. I’m glad that I have the option of getting the Griptac in the darker colourway, I don’t care much for the white variation on the upper part of the shaft in the regular Griptac model.

10/10

Stick Construction, Weight and Balance: Upon inspection, the quality of the construction seemed to be to a high quality. There were no obvious flaws in the blade and shaft construction.

Stick weight and balance in the hands felt very good.

10/10

Blade: Blade had a nice matte finish, didn’t appear to be too thick. Lie felt comfortable when sizing up the stick. I cannot comment upon the feel of the blade when stickhandling and shooting.

NA/10 (Cannot provide an accurate score)

Shaft/Flex: My personal preference is a shaft with a square double concave profile. The Tac-spiral texture added a nice amount of grip when checking it out prior to getting on the ice, but I cannot comment on how this felt when shooting or stickhandling.

I have used and really enjoyed playing with a 102 flex on previous Bauer sticks and shafts, but cannot comment upon the flex profile using the TotalOne.

Stickhandling and Passing: Not a large enough sample size to form any opinion.

Shooting: Not a large enough sample size to form an opinion.

NA/10 (Cannot provide an accurate score

Durability: I’m sure this is an isolated incident, but I have to score this section as per my experience. My stick lasted 5 minutes, the majority of that was spent skating and stretching. I stick handled on the spot, took one wrist shot and then the stick broke on the following slapshot just below my bottom hand on the backhand side.

Whilst in my possession, the stick received no slashes or abuse that in my mind would warrant it snapping so quickly, and easily. As mentioned previously, there were no visible defects, perhaps there might be an internal construction issue or a weakness in the composite weave? I have also used this flex before so I do not feel that the stick was merely too whippy.

0/10

Conclusion: Given my extremely limited time actually playing with the stick, I think it would be unfair to provide an overall grade.

Unfortunately, I am not eligible for a warranty replacement as the stick was a gift which is understandable, so I cannot at this time continue with a new model to form, and offer a fuller opinion.

Despite the big disappointment of not being able to play with the stick, I really have to commend Bauer Hockey, and Bauer Sweden for their top notch customer service. I received very prompt, helpful emails from a number of people involved, and I really appreciate them taking the time to help.

NA/10

Bauer Total One

Flex:102

Curve: P91a Clear

Time-frame of use: 3 sticks, 8+ months

Aesthetics: Like the colour scheme, would like it to be all blacked out though. Don't care how a stick looks if it works well 9/10

Weight and balance: Good balance, very light weighing in at 418 grams is insane 10/10

Blade: Blades didn't chip at the toe at all, had great feel, but went soft after a month of mens league and pickups 8/10

Shaft/Flex: Great wide of the shaft dimensions a little concave makes me love the feel, again though shaft got whippy after a good break in but didn't hinder its performance. 9/10

Stickhandling & Passing: The great feel helped with stick handling, and with the p91a curve you got some nice saucer passes I have to give it 10/10

Shooting: Good response, not as great as the widow in this department but it up there with SE16 in mid flex sticks with shots 9/10

Durability: average durability for my each stick lasted 3 months and on my last one but I also play in leagues that use a lot of stick work and i am a centre. 8/10

Conclusion: Overall, For what I got these sticks for I would definitely purchase again. Loved the feel of the puck on your stick and the response I got with the release. Hoping to try the Nexus out and compare the sticks, currently have my last TO as a Backup to my widow with I will put up a review for in a month or so when i have more use on it.

Overall 63/70 = 9/10

Bauer TotalOne
Non-grip, 87 flex, P106 Richards, cut approx 2.5-3", 'candycane' tape job

Timeframe of use: Since August 2013, as part of multiple-stick rotation

Reviewer: Simon Ledsham - 20 years old - 5'9" 165 lbs
Playing experience: Started playing 2 years ago. I play C/D-level adult league hockey once a week (sometimes twice).
Position: Defense

Other sticks used: Reebok 11k pro stock, Reebok AI7, Mission Hex-1 pro stock, Bauer Supreme One80, WinnWell Pro480, Reebok 6k, Sher-Wood N6, Easton SE6

Design: This stick is one of my all-time favourites as far as looks are concerned. Great, clean, linear design compliments the handsome Textreme carbon fiber weave. Unfortunately, this is a non-grip stick, and I usually prefer grip, so I had to candycane it. This problem is exacerbated by the fact that the grip version of the stick doesn't look very good at all, so there's no good-looking option (IMO) for those who prefer grip. 8/10

Blade: I just love this blade. It's the stiffest I've used, and shots just jump off, but it doesn't sacrifice pass reception or puck feel. Durability of the blade is great: I received the stick used with a rather large chip in the toe, but after probably 20 games of playing defense in a decently chippy adult league and many stick-and-puck sessions, the chip has barely expanded. The structural integrity of the blade hasn't been compromised - it's still as stiff as ever. I love the raw finish of the blade, especially compared to clear-coated blades. 10/10

Shaft/Flex: Pretty stiff for an 87 flex, but I did cut it down a few inches, and I can still get some good flex on slapshots. Shaft dimensions and the Tac-Spiral are great, leading to a great-feeling shaft. I do wish it wouldn't stiffen up so much when you cut it down, though. 8.5/10

Stickhandling/receiving passes: Best puck feel of any stick I've used. Pass reception is also awesome. I can let the stick do most of the work when I receive hard passes, without needing to cradle the pass at all (as long as the pass lands square on the middle of my blade). 10/10

Shooting: This is a great stick for shooters. It excels in slapshots. I find they almost always come off as rockets. Snapshots are great too, due to the stiff blade and great pop. Wristshots are as good (if not better) than any other stick I've used, but I'm no wristshot expert, so I'll suspend judgement on those. 10/10

Weight and balance: Feels lighter than my pro stock 11k, which is very light as well. By far the best-balanced stick I've used. It surprises me every time I pick it up. The best thing about the lightness of this stick is that even though it's extremely light, it doesn't feel flimsy at all. It feels very, very solid. 10/10

Durability: As mentioned in the blade section, the blade is holding up great. Hasn't gone soft at all. The shaft is also very solid. I take a lot of slapshots, and it hasn't whipped out at all. I find the stick can take abuse very well: not too much chipping, and cracks/gouges/chips tend not to spread along the shaft or blade. 9.5/10

Conclusion: Great high-performance stick. In my opinion, you can't really go wrong with a TotalOne if you're shopping around for a high-end clearance stick. It excels in every category, and it doesn't sacrifice durability for performance. Only major problem is the price, but you can definitely find these at good prices online or on clearance in stores. I highly recommend it for players at any level, provided they're willing and able to invest $100 or more on a stick.

Overall score (not an average): 9.5/10