Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Equipment sale discussion

Unfortunately, no, just about timing, payment, and the stick limit thing.

Ok, just checking. I figured they would keep it quiet until you arrive, it fluctuates every year in terms of prices. Not by much, but still.

Pardon my language, but that was an absolute shit show of a sale. I've been going since they had shit out at Piney Orchard and this was by far the worst. They put far less stuff out than in years past. I went straight to the stick section, was lucky to get a stick (see story below) as they were still restocking when they let us in.

I went from there straight to the glove table, which was absolutely empty. This was literally 4 minutes after the session opened and there were no sticks and no gloves left. Not even everyone was in yet. They had overloaded the place with T-shirts, which I hadn't seen before (they usually had under armour gear but not actual t-shirts, which they also sell downstairs in the apparel shop).

Seriously pissed at this weak assed sale compared to others. That said, I scored a pretty sweet stick. Here is my story....

I got into the sale near the top of the 9am session. They were still restocking the sticks. As I was at the stick wall, kettler employee brought over 4 semin sticks, everyone reached for them. I ended up with my hand one one, and another guy with his hand on it, which began the staredown.

Two other guys were going at it too, the staffer said settle down settle down. I kept my hand on the stick and pulled it toward me. Other guy said "you can keep it, you're bigger"

and that is the story of how I got a Bauer Supreme Total one stick, almost new (looks new, but had tape on it) for $40

capsequipmentsale002.jpg

capsequipmentsale004.jpg

capsequipmentsale003.jpg

capsequipmentsale001.jpg

Also picked up a pair of the socks, $5 great deal Got them in XL+

capsequipmentsale005.jpg

Just got home from the Caps sale as well. I was in the general public session. Absolutely nothing there- a few pairs of skates and gloves and minimal stick selection.

I was first in line for the public sale and was lucky enough to get a pair of Carlson x60 gloves. By the time I got in there were no jerseys, protective equipment, socks, etc...

Yeah, last year I could spend 15 minutes browsing gloves, wandered over and picked up some under armour gear, got a Jurcina stick, and tried on some skates.

This year was a complete catastrophuck

They do that every year though, but they still have plenty. The only thing I can think of is they have started selling game used stuff in Verizon center this year, so hold stuff back to sell then.

I know we don't have a "right" to get this stuff cheap, but it's always been a nice little perk of living near an NHL team, and it's being eaten away bit by bit as the money grab continues

Just got home from the Caps sale as well. I was in the general public session. Absolutely nothing there- a few pairs of skates and gloves and minimal stick selection.

I was first in line for the public sale and was lucky enough to get a pair of Carlson x60 gloves. By the time I got in there were no jerseys, protective equipment, socks, etc...

From talking to the people in the skate shop apparently the Caps employees and VIPs raided all the equipment yesterday.

SOOOO PISSED. I had like $500 to drop, and got nothing. I showed up at 12:30, I hit traffic bad, and there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THERE. BIG waste of time and effort.

Sounds like they didn't keep it to STH in the first group, and yeah all the employees hit the sale before everyone else.

I actually had 2-3 in's at the Caps, and couldn't get them to give me anything the day before or something.

Sounds like they didn't keep it to STH in the first group, and yeah all the employees hit the sale before everyone else.

I actually had 2-3 in's at the Caps, and couldn't get them to give me anything the day before or something.

Season ticket holders had 4 1 hour session. You were assigned a session based on how long you have been a season ticket holder, and you could sign up for 4 passes to the sale.

First STH group was 8am, but they restocked after each session (this is how they have done it for years)

I was in the 9am session.

The problem was, they had so much less stock this year than in years past because they also sell it all throughout the season at Verizon.

Still happy I got me a Semin like new Total100, but was still terrible comparatively to years past

SOOOO PISSED. I had like $500 to drop, and got nothing. I showed up at 12:30, I hit traffic bad, and there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THERE. BIG waste of time and effort.

I share this sentiment. I got there at 11AM for the general public access and was already 200th in line. By the time I got in there's a sole destroyed glove and a bunch of cheesy t-shirts left! I saw STH peeps leaving the place with garbage-size bags full of stuff! Oh, well... This was a useless trip.
Accepting bets, over/under. :-)

Yeah, that's me. Sorry, those were an impulse buy. $70 I shouldn't have dropped in the first place. So I started it at $69 to see how it goes... Pls don't hate!

I think, these are nice. I presume, you picked up some other stuff. Care to share with us, unfortunate ones, who only saw a bunch of t-shirts?

I think, these are nice. I presume, you picked up some other stuff. Care to share with us, unfortunate ones, who only saw a bunch of t-shirts?

I can't say how disappointing it is to hear that the sale sucked so much for later groups. I was in group 3 last year and there was still plenty of stuff to pick through, especially jerseys and sticks. Sounds like the total opposite this year.

I got a pair of Arnott E-Pros, a practice jersey, and socks. The sticks were decimated within 2 minutes of the first group entering. Despite the 4 stick limit, there were the usual people hoarding huge piles of stuff and taking it to their "corner" of the room. I guess its the pot calling the kettle black for me to say since I got 2 pairs, but I saw some people with SEVERAL pairs of gloves in the first group. Looked like those people grabbed as much Winter Classic gear as they could and darted for the cashier.

Once again, sorry for those of you that had a sucky experience. Maybe would be a good idea to write the people that organize it on how to improve next year.

Atleast your team has a sale. In chicago wee can never get any prostock stuff.

Nothing here in Philly, either.....or i just don't know the right people :/

Nothing here in Philly, either.....or i just don't know the right people :/

Regarding the Caps sale, you have to decide what you're after and go right for it. I'm a glove whore and was able to get 3 new pairs of gloves and 1 used. I also got very lucky and snagged a brand new pair of size L winter classic pants. They are my favorite model too... Reebook MHP520's. Those pants are KILLER!

I did well, but I was near the front for the 9am session.

Regarding the Caps sale, you have to decide what you're after and go right for it. I'm a glove whore and was able to get 3 new pairs of gloves and 1 used. I also got very lucky and snagged a brand new pair of size L winter classic pants. They are my favorite model too... Reebook MHP520's. Those pants are KILLER!

Yep, if you go in looking you are screwed. I made a beeline for the sticks straight away. By the time I got to the gloves they were all gone (but I'm blaming you and Derek for that!!)

HAHAHA! Derek was the worst! I think he got 6 pairs in the first session and probably a handful in the second. My WC pants were my score of the day! I got one pair of Easton's (which I LOVE and are my main gloves) and 3 pairs of various Reebooks.