Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

Warrior Stick Customizer Program

I had gotten a sneak preview of Warrior's custom stick program back in Dec when I visited their offices.

A few weeks ago, MSH received an email to beta-test the program. We were sent spec sheets (the final end-user experience will be different).

You get to choose your stick (Widow or fused) and the curve/flex. All retail curves, along with 4 pro curves - Hossa, Ovechkin, Versteeg and Zetterberg.

From there, choose the color - you can go with the stock look (and for Widow, red and blue variants) OR go with a ton of choices.

The graphics (if you choose a different look) are broken down in three sections - upper, Warrior logo and lower. You can mix/match the graphics, as you'll see.

Once that is done, you can choose smooth finish, grip, heavy grip, or velvet grip. You can add nipple grip (diamond or checker) on the whole shaft or just the corners.

You can also choose a clear, matte finish or a sharkskin finish (think z-tac grit) on the blade.

I went with a Widow, Savard 85 flex. Sharkskin blade and velvet grip.

warriorcustom.jpg

warriorcustom2.jpg

warriorcustom3.jpg

warriorcustom4.jpg

warriorcustom5.jpg

warriorcustom6.jpg

warriorcustom7.jpg

warriorcustom8.jpg

warriorcustom9.jpg

warriorcustom10.jpg

warriorcustom11.jpg

What was also really cool was the presentation -

The box is black with multiple Warrior logos on the box.

warriorcustombox1.jpg

warriorcustombox2.jpg

The bag the stick is in also has Warrior logos all over it.

It looks great - feels much more substantial than a plain cardboard box.

Keith from Warrior is on board to answer any questions you may have.

What was also really cool was the presentation -

The box is black with multiple Warrior logos on the box.

warriorcustombox.jpg

warriorcustombox2.jpg

The bag the stick is in also has Warrior logos all over it.

It looks great - feels much more substantial than a plain cardboard box.

Keith from Warrior is on board to answer any questions you may have.

Stick looks amazing, excited to order. I didn't see anything on there website, when will the everyday customer be able to start ordering through the customizer?

When you said "You can add nipple grip or diamond grip on the whole shaft or just the corners", does it mean we can have custom shaft shapes as well (like the old inno shapes). I'm interested in getting a much smaller shaft shape like on intermediate shafts, but with a stiffer 100 flx.

So I'm assuming the Zetterberg pattern mentioned under the pro stock listings is the new W88 that was first revealed with the Widow LE? It would also be nice if you could choose different lies with all the Warrior patterns, not just the Savard and Draper. Personally, something like a 5 lie Gionta would be great for a custom stick.

When you said "You can add nipple grip or diamond grip on the whole shaft or just the corners", does it mean we can have custom shaft shapes as well (like the old inno shapes). I'm interested in getting a much smaller shaft shape like on intermediate shafts, but with a stiffer 100 flx.

No. You can't choose handles. Think like the tactile grip Bauer does on their sticks as far as the corners are concerned.

So I'm assuming the Zetterberg pattern mentioned under the pro stock listings is the new W88 that was first revealed with the Widow LE? It would also be nice if you could choose different lies with all the Warrior patterns, not just the Savard and Draper. Personally, something like a 5 lie Gionta would be great for a custom stick.

The W88 is a retail. The Zetterberg I mention is his real curve. Both will be available.

Yes, you can choose lies on some patterns...I don't have the sheet in front of me but KP can answer that.

Very excited for this program. Is there any super-stiff flexes available to your knowledge? 110, 115, 120! ?

It's funny we are at opposite ends, I'm looking for a softer flex or different lengths. If warrior does, they have a customer for sure!

Kudos to Warrior, this is great :D

So will this be an online-only application to order (like MyBauer), or through retailers only or both?

Stick looks amazing, excited to order. I didn't see anything on there website, when will the everyday customer be able to start ordering through the customizer?

On the back of the USA hockey magazine, it said July 2011.

Edited by Barts66

I am curious to see what the fused stick will be like? I know it was stated earlier that it would be like the Dolomite, which to me means it is a different stick. My next question is, what will the flex options be like? I will definitely be giving the customizer a chance! Curious what the Zetterberg pro-stock and versteeg pro will look like.

Curious what the Zetterberg pro-stock and versteeg pro will look like.

They are both Drury-style blades. The Versteeg is the heel wedge but it has a toe kink at the very end of the blade. The Zetterberg looked to have more of an actual curve that a retail Drury from what I've seen. Almost like a mellow version of the retail Lidstrom curve, but with a round toe.

I am curious to see what the fused stick will be like? I know it was stated earlier that it would be like the Dolomite, which to me means it is a different stick. My next question is, what will the flex options be like? I will definitely be giving the customizer a chance! Curious what the Zetterberg pro-stock and versteeg pro will look like.

Per the back of the USA hockey magazine, "16 flex options, 12 blade patterns, 11 paint colors, multiple textures & finshes, and endless graphic options..."

Edited by Barts66

In fused -

Junior 40, 50, 60

Int 55, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85

Sr 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 115, 120

Widow -

Int 55, 70, 75, 85

Sr 65, 75, 85, 100, 110

Lies are set on the Widow, on the fused you have the Draper and Savard in different lies.

Edited by JR Boucicaut

In fused - Junior from 40, 50, 60, Int 55, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, Sr 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 115, 120

Widow - Int 55, 70, 75, 85, Sr 65, 75, 85, 100, 110

Lies are set on the Widow, on the fused you have the Draper and Savard in different lies.

Wow. That's awesome that they are giving you so many different options. Bravo to Warrior.