Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

Warrior Stick Customizer Program

5842998203_d8a9002c59_o.jpg

All joking aside, I hope the program launches soon!

*edit*

Can you specify different flexes for different parts of the stick?

Edited by tamtamg

In fused -

Junior 40, 50, 60

Int 55, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85

Sr 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 115, 120

Widow -

Int 55, 70, 75, 85

Sr 65, 75, 85, 100, 110

Lies are set on the Widow, on the fused you have the Draper and Savard in different lies.

You sir are a steely eyed missle man!

80 flex fused here I come! I've always wanted to try an 80 flex, I feel my slapers suffer a bit with a 75, but my quick release snapper (off inside foot) suffer a bit with an 85, hoping the 80 is the best of both worlds :)

Pro curves sound cool too. Was always a mid curve guy, experimented with toe curves recently but didn't like em (so the Hossa and Ovechkin are out), recently I gave the retail Drury another shot though and love it this time, so pretty curious/excited to see what the Zetterberg and Versteeg curves look like.

I'm glad you're a heel convert-ee. Once you learn how to shoot snap shots on the fly with heel you'd never want to go back to regular wristers because of the quicker release with the drury like curves.

Could we assume for these sticks, the standard lie differential between companies: if I want lie 5 (easton/bauer), I'd be looking to order a lie 4 here? In addition, Can someone remind me what lies, and toe shapes the pro curves are in (I see that Zetts has round toe)?

KREMLIN (KGB) 3.5

VERSTEEG (TP3) 4.5

SLOVAK (Hossa #12) 4.5

ZETTERBERG PRO 4

*Warrior lies

Wow, 3.5 on the Kremlin... I always felt that the KGB Kremlin curve played slightly high (like a 5.5-6 on the "Easton" scale).

Is there going to be any curves like the bauer p14 toews on the customizer ?

From KP's description, the new retail W88 sounds like it may be close to the P14. We won't know until we see it....

I imagine a lot of younger people will want to customize the aesthetics, I wonder if Warrior will have a cheaper product available for those younger players. Any timetable set on this?

Why are they calling the Hossa the Slovak? Not like he's the only one in the NHL...but oh well. I'm surprised they're offering both the Hossa and the Kremlin, that's a lot of crazy curve.

Can you get them in custom lengths?

I would suspect not, since its not currently and option at retail aside from AK shafts. though the widows may be longer than the fused, like the retail counterparts

Why are they calling the Hossa the Slovak? Not like he's the only one in the NHL...but oh well. I'm surprised they're offering both the Hossa and the Kremlin, that's a lot of crazy curve.

Well he's not signed with them so they don't have the rights to use his name... Slovak is kind of generic but I guess it works..

Do you know if the Hossa curve that Warrior is using is the same one that BASE is using? I hope so, because that's my go-to, favorite curve right now. Just noticed in your pictures the Widow has what looks like a 3K blade instead of the X-stitch or whatever.

The options on these look sick. I can't wait to try out the customizer online. I'm also really glad they are going with a fused construction like a Dolomite, that way if the blade breaks I can still turn it into a shaft and have my "custom" specs.

Edited by HattrickSwayze

Warrior is going to blow myBauer out of the water with this. Only question will be the upcharge and if its similar to retail, this is gonna be great!

Do you know if the Hossa curve that Warrior is using is the same one that BASE is using? I hope so, because that's my go-to, favorite curve right now. Just noticed in your pictures the Widow has what looks like a 3K blade instead of the X-stitch or whatever.

The options on these look sick. I can't wait to try out the customizer online. I'm also really glad they are going with a fused construction like a Dolomite, that way if the blade breaks I can still turn it into a shaft and have my "custom" specs.

3k and X-Stitch.

Im thinkin' 100 flex Widow w/nipple grip, black matte finish for lower half and blue on top half with the only graphics being either the warrior logo, or just the word "WARRIOR" on it. Add to that an Iginla clone or the Gionta, both in a 4 lie. :biggrin: Does anyone happen to know what the price tag on this magnificent idea will be?

JR, how are you liking your stick?

Edited by All Flash

Well he's not signed with them so they don't have the rights to use his name... Slovak is kind of generic but I guess it works..

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Note the asterisk.

But doesn't that blade have a lot of rocker? It's going to play differently anyway.

Huge rocker! Thanks for the info JR! I can not wait!

JR are you able to share any information on the fused stick? And what the lengths on the sticks will be like?

Edited by skyscrape

Whoa! I guess I should have kept an eye on this....

Thanks for the forum to speak on the customizer JR et al.

Here we go...I'll share as much as I can at this point.

How much of an up charge is there going to be on these?

$30 upcharge in USA and CAN on regular retail. All options inclusive, one time charge (not including shipping)

Is there word if Warrior will have a kind of kiosk type thing at the retailers so consumers can feel the difference in the grips

No kiosk...all online, like the current glove/pant/goalie format, but with a whole new interactive experience to see all the amazing features of the sticks.

When you said "You can add nipple grip or diamond grip on the whole shaft or just the corners", does it mean we can have custom shaft shapes as well (like the old inno shapes). I'm interested in getting a much smaller shaft shape like on intermediate shafts, but with a stiffer 100 flx.

The grip versions are the same that we have had in the line previous. Not sure if anyone has ever noticed, but there are multiple nipple versions out there. "Corner" is the same that was on the DoloSpyne Chrome, Diamond is the same that was on the Kronik and Dolomite and Checker is a new version that is like a raised checker board pattern. What we've found is how cool the texture combinations are with matte finish, velvet grip finish, and grip finish options. The combinations are endless....

There are handle options on the SR Fused model (Dolomite construction). You can get standard, rounded, and square. From what you described, rounded seems like what you're looking for. It has a slightly smaller feel.

So I'm assuming the Zetterberg pattern mentioned under the pro stock listings is the new W88 that was first revealed with the Widow LE? It would also be nice if you could choose different lies with all the Warrior patterns, not just the Savard and Draper. Personally, something like a 5 lie Gionta would be great for a custom stick.

The Zetterberg Pro pattern is a clone of his actual pattern in Left and Right. W88 will not be available right away.

Any chance of customizing shafts only? Plans for it in the future? I'm guessing no, but I'll keep wishing...

Not now....maybe in the future. Have to Baby High step into that one.

Is there going to be any curves like the bauer p14 toews on the customizer ?

Not now. The Versteeg is his actual pattern from last year, which was a clone of the Captain of the Blackhawks. His pattern is similar to a Draper, but taller and has a little Gionta toe kink at the end of it, very nice pattern.

Can you get them in custom lengths?

Not at this time. Fused will come in stock Dolo length. Widow in our new +3.

On the back of the USA hockey magazine, it said July 2011.

Yes...no exact date, but it is July.

On the back of the USA hockey magazine, it said July 2011.

Yes...no exact date, but it is July.

Kudos to Warrior, this is great :D

So will this be an online-only application to order (like MyBauer), or through retailers only or both?

Online Customizer, but sold through the dealers. Very much like our current glove customizer process.

Might as well address it, surprised no one mentioned it. 30day Warranty. Player has the option to wait for a new custom stick to be made (4-6wks) or get a "stock" replacement after normal warranty processing.

Edited by Miseaujeu