Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

Warrior Stick Customizer Program

Miseaujeu- Would either of the sticks(widow or fused) be offered in a similar shaft dimension as the AK27 two piece? I am not even sure what it would be considered. But, that shaft fits my hands better than anything i have ever picked up.

Will the square handle option on the fused be the same square shaft on some pro stock dolomites like my kovalchuk?

I doubt the squarer shaft will be as square as the Kovalchuk since thats literally rectangular.

I too am interested in the shaft profiles. How square is the squared and how round is the rounded? Hmm...

Regardless, great job to Warrior for taking things to such customizable lengths.

I doubt the squarer shaft will be as square as the Kovalchuk since thats literally rectangular.

You're doubting us!? Of course it's the same as Kovy's shaft!

Edited by Miseaujeu

JR's stick looks fantastic. +1 for polar fiber, will the mere mortals like us see that as an option?

I'd definately order a few if they offered the polar fiber as an option. Loved the old innovative shafts

I'm a big fan of the PolarFibre as well. I was a big seller of Inno back in the days when Sublitwill was my rep. (moment of silence for the good ole days!) BUT...it won't be available on Phase1 of the customizer.

*Edit*

I will add to this by saying that through the Inno takeover and through the Warrior years of the many pros we service in North America and throughout the world, there is only ONE player who still requests PolarFibre. You'll never guess who, and it's fodder for another thread.

Edited by Miseaujeu

Is the Kolvalchuk the closest curve to a P88?

In terms of the current Warrior curves, yes. Sounds like their new Zetterberg retail might be even a bit closer, but it's not out yet. The Kovalchuk curve starts a bit more towards the mid blade (for a mid curve, the P88 is fairly heel-like), and the Kovalchuk is a bit more drastic (as in tighter radius circle, the actual depth is similar though because the on the Kovalchuk the curve really gets going further from the heel), but they're fairly similar curves.

Edited by ponder

Gosh I am looking forward to this!

In terms of handle shapes - can I assume that the standard would be best if one found the '11 Dolo DD shape to their liking? The square is obviously Kovy square and the round would seem more '10 Dolo'ish (felt rounder than the '11).

Just trying to get my order set so when July "X" finally rolls around I can pull the trigger!

PS - Is Joe Monteith going to be involved at all for US orders? All around a great employee and a guy who deserves a raise! He has hand-held me through a few glove orders now.

Edited by Gefiltefish

In terms of handle shapes - can I assume that the standard would be best if one found the '11 Dolo DD shape to their liking? The square is obviously Kovy square and the round would seem more '10 Dolo'ish (felt rounder than the '11).

The old Inno "0" shape would be an interesting option as well.

You're doubting us!? Of course it's the same as Kovy's shaft!

I am starting to think this shape s similar to the ak27 shaft at this point? I have the 11 dolo as well and it fels smaller in my hands than the ak27. Big boxy shaft plus the versteeg curve! I can't wait!

I'm a big fan of the PolarFibre as well. I was a big seller of Inno back in the days when Sublitwill was my rep. (moment of silence for the good ole days!) BUT...it won't be available on Phase1 of the customizer.

Miseaujeu, you keep talking about Phase 1 and how there will be more options to come. Any idea when these "new" options will be available? 6 months after launch date, a year? Or will we see them relatively quickly?

Miseaujeu, you keep talking about Phase 1 and how there will be more options to come. Any idea when these "new" options will be available? 6 months after launch date, a year? Or will we see them relatively quickly?

Some of the people on this site amaze me. Warrior is launching a program that gives more options than any other manufacturer has to date, and you're concerned with "how soon can I get more." It wouldn't be smart to tell you that you'll have more options if you wait six months, would it? I would expect more options to become available when/if it makes financial sense to do so.

I am starting to think this shape s similar to the ak27 shaft at this point? I have the 11 dolo as well and it fels smaller in my hands than the ak27. Big boxy shaft plus the versteeg curve! I can't wait!

The current AK27 shaft shape is a pretty standard, straightforward shape. When he says that it is the Kovalchuk shaft shape, that means the shaft is literally squared on the edges. Think of a smaller 2x4 piece of wood type of shape. THAT boxy.

Edited by Scotty

Some of the people on this site amaze me. Warrior is launching a program that gives more options than any other manufacturer has to date, and you're concerned with "how soon can I get more." It wouldn't be smart to tell you that you'll have more options if you wait six months, would it? I would expect more options to become available when/if it makes financial sense to do so.

Thank you Chad, nail on the head.

We have to make sure this program is sustainable. There has been a very impressive capital investment for this program and we need to ensure that it continues to grow. We are always looking to improve and will certainly find new ways to bring many more meaningful improvements, but we have to take baby steps into it. We haven't launched yet, but we are confident in our initial offering.

With a major company like Warrior now jumping into this and other companies like Bauer and Base also in a similar realm of customization (though not NEAR to this extent), it brings a new aspect of possibilities to the market. If more companies jump on board with this, is there the possibility that standard retail OPS could slowly become less and less desirable? After all, if someone can get a stick almost exactly how they want it, why would they travel to a shop and be forced to pick from their offerings? Such a thought is probably outlandish at the moment, but so was the idea that your average recreational player would ever be able to order and completely customize his or her own stick online to such a high degree.

It has already been proven that high prices don't deter people from buying hockey sticks, especially the target demographic of companies like Warrior. If I were in the market for a OPS and knew I could pay $30 more and specify shaft profile, type of grip, location of grip, flex to within 5 points, color on several areas of the stick, blade finish, and choose from a number of patterns, I wouldn't even consider trying to find a brick and mortar shop that could even hope to come close to matching those specifications with a retail model. Both customizable sticks and retail models each have their place, but I'm just giving this thread some food for thought. Warrior has really stepped up their game with this one and should be commended.