Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

Warrior Stick Customizer Program

The current AK27 shaft shape is a pretty standard, straightforward shape. When he says that it is the Kovalchuk shaft shape, that means the shaft is literally squared on the edges. Think of a smaller 2x4 piece of wood type of shape. THAT boxy.

Thank you. I just know that size wise, the 2011 dolo feels smaller in my hands than the ak. I like the old feel so I think the square corners will work for me. Appreciate the response. I felt like a broken record.

We haven't launched yet, but we are confident in our initial offering.

Given what I have seen, I'm sure it will be a success.

With a major company like Warrior now jumping into this and other companies like Bauer and Base also in a similar realm of customization (though not NEAR to this extent), it brings a new aspect of possibilities to the market. If more companies jump on board with this, is there the possibility that standard retail OPS could slowly become less and less desirable? After all, if someone can get a stick almost exactly how they want it, why would they travel to a shop and be forced to pick from their offerings? Such a thought is probably outlandish at the moment, but so was the idea that your average recreational player would ever be able to order and completely customize his or her own stick online to such a high degree.

It has already been proven that high prices don't deter people from buying hockey sticks, especially the target demographic of companies like Warrior. If I were in the market for a OPS and knew I could pay $30 more and specify shaft profile, type of grip, location of grip, flex to within 5 points, color on several areas of the stick, blade finish, and choose from a number of patterns, I wouldn't even consider trying to find a brick and mortar shop that could even hope to come close to matching those specifications with a retail model. Both customizable sticks and retail models each have their place, but I'm just giving this thread some food for thought. Warrior has really stepped up their game with this one and should be commended.

As long as this is in concert with the brick and mortar dealers, this is a potentially great advancement for everyone. Shops won't have to stock as much inventory and they can provide a more customized product for their customers.

I'm sure Warrior has considered their relationship with the many retailers, both large and small. Apparently FGL doesn't have the custom program with Warrior (gloves, stick soon etc.), can you comment on that Miseaujeu?

With a major company like Warrior now jumping into this and other companies like Bauer and Base also in a similar realm of customization (though not NEAR to this extent), it brings a new aspect of possibilities to the market. If more companies jump on board with this, is there the possibility that standard retail OPS could slowly become less and less desirable? After all, if someone can get a stick almost exactly how they want it, why would they travel to a shop and be forced to pick from their offerings? Such a thought is probably outlandish at the moment, but so was the idea that your average recreational player would ever be able to order and completely customize his or her own stick online to such a high degree.

It has already been proven that high prices don't deter people from buying hockey sticks, especially the target demographic of companies like Warrior. If I were in the market for a OPS and knew I could pay $30 more and specify shaft profile, type of grip, location of grip, flex to within 5 points, color on several areas of the stick, blade finish, and choose from a number of patterns, I wouldn't even consider trying to find a brick and mortar shop that could even hope to come close to matching those specifications with a retail model. Both customizable sticks and retail models each have their place, but I'm just giving this thread some food for thought. Warrior has really stepped up their game with this one and should be commended.

On the flip side, there are plenty of guys who don't care if they play with a bent tree branch and are plenty happy just grabbing whatever is on the shelf. There will also be some who balk at the upcharge feeling that the prices at retail are already pushing it a little. The other thing to remember is the instant gratification effect. Some folks just don't want to wait.

All that said, I think this sounds like a good program for Warrior and a way to bite into the customizable stick niche but I hardly see it being the death knell to standard retail sticks.

Unless you can produce custom sticks for a customer, and have them in my shop within 5 minutes, having stock will ALWAYS be the dominating stick sales. These programs is more for the people who A) have a very specific specs that they LOVE that they do not offer at retail, and will buy several and always make sure several are always in their stick collection, or for the B) person who uses this a gift to the player or as 'something to have' because its custom.

MOST sales will be that latter category. For instance, I routinely see people with mybauer sticks, when they just as easily can get a TO anywhere (use a common curve, etc). Very few of them have these because they fell in love with a grip/curve/whatever they don't offer at retail. Almost all I have seen have a common curve, their team colors on it, and their name. That's it. I'm suspecting that this will be more of the same. Why would you spend 260 on a stick when you've never shot with the curve? I know some will, but most wouldn't.

Edited by raganblink

What are the differences between this customizer program and Bauer's?

From what I understand and have seen, Bauer's has to be ordered in packs of 6 and through participating stores.

Loving all the options! But it may not blow myBauer out b/c Bauer doesn't upcharge. Not as many options of course, but still more affordable.

You have the option of 10 graphic decals or the option to have no decal and a blank painted stick.

Damn, I wish I had known that. I would have gone with fewer graphics on mine. I wouldn't go blank, just a little more subtle.

are these sticks like pro stock sticks or just "customised retail version"?

Aren't all pro stocks just the customized retail version?

Damn, I wish I had known that. I would have gone with fewer graphics on mine. I wouldn't go blank, just a little more subtle.

I'm a big fan of all matte black with subtle warrior writing. Would look sweet.

I would say the main, and possibly only, difference is that they get a custom curve. I don't think many pros have gotten the option to change the graphics before either.

Can someone describe/compare the velvet grip?

-and-

The widow construction is straight forward, but can anyone better describe/compare the fused construction? Is it more or less a dolomite? I'm mostly concerned with the blade construction/ weave style.

Edited by stevo8791

Can someone describe/compare the velvet grip?

-and-

The widow construction is straight forward, but can anyone better describe/compare the fused construction? Is it more or less a dolomite? I'm mostly concerned with the blade construction/ weave style.

Fused would be a tapered shaft and blade fused into an OPS, like dolomite construction.

Velvet grip really isn't grippy like nipple grip. It's more of a smooth (velvety) finish that is neither slick nor grippy. It's tough to describe.

Like the grip on the black/grey AK27 shafts...

I was under the impression that they get more options from a flex/flex zone standpoint. Not true?

You're getting flex amount in 5s here...I don't get how this is not good enough for people.

I was under the impression that they get more options from a flex/flex zone standpoint. Not true?

Just trying to clarify your question. I'm going to assume you are talking about flex zone like low kick point, mid kick point, (flex profile) and not flex in terms of a rating like 85,100,110?

correct me if i am wrong.

Edited by cwc2134

Just trying to clarify your question. I'm going to assume you are talking about flex zone like low kick point, mid kick point, (flex profile) and not flex in terms of a rating like 85,100,110?

correct me if i am wrong.

I believe he is talking about the flex ratings of 75,85 not flex points

Fused would be a tapered shaft and blade fused into an OPS, like dolomite construction.

Will true one piece construction offer better durability than fused? I've chewed through fused pro-stock Dolos.