Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

Warrior Stick Customizer Program

Just curiouse as I don't believe matte finish was listed as an option if you choose the widow and pick clear will it be a standard clear finish or the widow's matte finish. Recently I have come to love matte finish sticks and this could be the deciding factor for me.

No Kovalev pro curve option? I thought he was one of Warrior's main poster boys.

Maybe he didn't agree to let Warrior sell his curve. I wish it was an option...lets hope its in phase II

PSHG just posted on Facebook that the warrior custom stick program is being pushed back to August. Haven't heard anything from warrior though, so who knows...

Warrior posted this Saturday on FB

"Don't worry everyone, we'll let everyone know when we're open for business for the customizer...keep checking Facebook and our Twitter for info. So far, there's a ton of demand, so make sure to put your orders in early if you're planning to order."

Nothing definitive yet...oh well, more time to save up some dough.

You will get more information on this site than the facebook page. I am sure this and all the major equipment unveilings will occur sometime after Summer Jam in August.

No comment.

Can I suggest adding taller paddles to the lineup? The 27.5 Abyss that I used was alright, but I would like it to be a little taller. Currently using the Eddy's from Perani's that are listed at 27, but they're actually more like a 28/29. It's not the greatest stick in the world, but it's the tallest paddle I can find without having to go full custom and order a dozen. I know it might not be feasible with the comp sticks, but if I can get a Swagger/Abyss with the taller paddle and the colors I want..I'll be first in line.

Edited by wex12

Warrior just put up pictures of the Versteeg pro stock pattern that will be available on the customizer. It doesn't look like the heel wedge toe kink that he uses now, it looks like the pattern that Miseaujeu described.

263889_10150226030746746_110174536745_7684870_1059136_n.jpg

261469_10150226030681746_110174536745_7684869_691083_n.jpg

Warrior just put up pictures of the Versteeg pro stock pattern that will be available on the customizer. It doesn't look like the heel wedge toe kink that he uses now, it looks like the pattern that Miseaujeu described.

Looks similar to the Hossa Pro from BASE. Wonder what the differences will be between the Versteeg and Hossa when the customizer debuts.

Looks similar to the Hossa Pro from BASE. Wonder what the differences will be between the Versteeg and Hossa when the customizer debuts.

Slovak = Hossa Pro

263889_10150226030746746_110174536745_7684870_1059136_n.jpg

261469_10150226030681746_110174536745_7684869_691083_n.jpg

Guys...don't get hung up on the name. It really is the captain of the Blackhawks' pro pattern which ended up spreading very quickly around the league with other players. So we decided to release it on the customizer since so many pros liked it.

Looks like a Sakic/Hall blade and profile with tweaked areas. Should be popular with the bigger curve crowd.

It is a Sakic profile and curve with the toe stuck under the door to create a very small kink. I had a Toews Pro Stock Dolomite and this is the best description I can give. Picture really doesn't capture the kink in the toe.

TOEWS-5.jpg

Edited by noodle3872

It is a Sakic profile and curve with the toe stuck under the door to create a very small kink. I had a Toews Pro Stock Dolomite and this is the best description I can give.

TOEWS-5.jpg

That's a very good description. But to add a little more info, it's slightly taller and slightly longer than a regular Draper.

Edited by Miseaujeu

Yeah, that Versteeg definitely looks quite Draper/Sakic/P92-esque, though obviously a bit different. Sounds like the Zetterberg pro is a heel wedge with a round toe, but I'm guessing it's not identical to a Kovalev/Drury/P91A, how is it different? Someone mentioned it has a touch of mid curve to it as well, maybe more like a Bauer P106? My dream curve is a P106 with less rocker (to be exact, with more of a Drury type lie and rocker), if the Zetterberg pro is anything like that I'd be in heaven :)

Edited by ponder

any chance that it ever makes it to retail?

We'll see what happens when it goes live on the customizer. If it starts gaining in popularity, we'll produce it. (makes my job easier!)

Guys...don't get hung up on the name. It really is the captain of the Blackhawks' pro pattern which ended up spreading very quickly around the league with other players. So we decided to release it on the customizer since so many pros liked it.

Ahhh that explains the difference...Versteeg's stick has a noticeable toe kink at the very end, this doesn't.

It's an absolute beauty curve though, I was trying my best to stay away from the stick customizer given that the Widow retail price in Canada is already $300 but you guys just keep dragging me back towards it...

Edited by MrWizard

Ahhh that explains the difference...Versteeg's stick has a noticeable toe kink at the very end, this doesn't.

It's an absolute beauty curve though, I was trying my best to stay away from the stick customizer given that the Widow retail price in Canada is already $300 but you guys just keep dragging me back towards it...

I guess I should change my title to - Product Manager-Crack.

Edited by Miseaujeu