Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

Warrior Stick Customizer Program

@Gefilte - Aesthetically, your customs are outstanding. Love that combo. Excellent job.

Couple of questions for you...the Smyth always struck me as more of a gradual, neutral-ish mid rather than an actual toe. Is that accurate?

Also, you mention the shaft profile felt small in your hands, that was the 'standard' shaft shape? That's surprising, because I've always thought Warrior's standard shaft shape was one of the bigger profiles on the market. Much bigger than say, an S19 or RS.

I was undef the impression the Smyth was going to be like a Kovy Pro. I owned a few in the past and my Smyrhs feel more mid than my old Kovys. At Warriors defense - pro's tweak patterns from time to time and perhaps the Smyth is based off of one of Kovalchucks patterns before/after the ones I owned?

Yes, mine are standard shaft, I originally ordered square but changed my mind later and changed it to traditional. My mistake. IMO the '11 Dolo felt bigger/squarer than the '09's and '10 Dolo's I owned. The traditional shape may be based off the older models and not the '11. It will feel smaller than an S19.

it arrived today!!!! about 3 weeks early. 21 days from order date to delivery and my tracker doesn't even show as shipped yet.

Dolomite

Versteeg Curve

Grip

Checkered

Rounded Profile

Black

White Warrior graphic only

80 flex ( I cut down to 57 inches)

All I can say is WOW.... so that is what a stick feels for everyone else with normal size hands and a longer stick. (my 87 flex bauer 195 feels like steel beam to load in comparison)

The Versteeg (Toews Pro) curve is perfect for forwards who have used the sakic/p92 but want a touch more open blade and some toe. I'm old enough to say its the best curve I've used since the Bauer Francis and that was with Supreme 3000 wood twigs.

1 Goal, 2 Assists on the night.

Pics when I get a chance

any news about when the zetterberg retail will be offered in the customizer?

slightly unrelated, is the new w12 wisniewski the same as the zetterberg pro?

Working on W88.

W12 is exactly what Wiz uses on-ice. Very nice curve...

Are there any plans to add the Kovalev pro as an option?

+1

I know Warrior has a lot on their plate already with the current customizer program, but man I would love to see them do one of the later Kovalev patterns on it one day. That rocker on his pattern looks amazing, plus the little bit more toe he added in the later years, and I heard it's a higher lie as well...

Hopefully one day!

+1

I know Warrior has a lot on their plate already with the current customizer program, but man I would love to see them do one of the later Kovalev patterns on it one day. That rocker on his pattern looks amazing, plus the little bit more toe he added in the later years, and I heard it's a higher lie as well...

Hopefully one day!

The warrior customizer is awesome, i've ordered 2 Dolemites already. But I gotta say i was a bit surprised the Kovalev pro wasn't an option given so many of us have wanted that pattern for so many years.

Just wondering if anyones knows if/when Warrior will switch the custom fused stick (currently dolomite) over to the diablo model?

They already have the Widow available for customization, why would they put the Diablo up too? Not everyone wants the dagger taper.

True, although I like the idea of having the dagger taper married with a rounded, concave shaft, and from what I understand that's pretty much what the Diablo is. Frankly, given a choice of any Warrior stick, I'd probably go with the Diablo, but I can't see Warrior replacing the Dolomite on the customizer with that. If anything, I figure they'd replace the Dolomite with the Dynasty since that's what's happening with the normal retail sticks.

In any case, I think a better solution would be to offer the Widow with different shaft dimensions a la Dolomite. I'm sure there's a perfectly valid reason why it isn't offered up as such, but I can't figure it out.

One last thing, I third the Kovalev pro curve. Love to try that one out... just not sure I have the hands to match it.

The Versteeg (Toews Pro) - It's Toews Pro Stock Curve?

If yes - It's awesome

yes

i expected a little more out of the customizer i would love to be able to make a black base stick with silver widow graphics and a dark green warrior print

Sorry we didn't fulfill your expectations.

Sorry we didn't fulfill your expectations.

Have to say stuff like this is what tempts me to buy Warrior products. Still concerned over blade durability. Have a tendancy to go through blades quickly as it is.

i love the performance of the widow i have retail widow i guess im just knit picking if im complaining about graphics

You have to realize that they already offer way more stuff than any other company. I'm sure more colors will come with time.

True, although I like the idea of having the dagger taper married with a rounded, concave shaft, and from what I understand that's pretty much what the Diablo is. Frankly, given a choice of any Warrior stick, I'd probably go with the Diablo, but I can't see Warrior replacing the Dolomite on the customizer with that. If anything, I figure they'd replace the Dolomite with the Dynasty since that's what's happening with the normal retail sticks.

ld be to offer the Widow with different shaft dimensions a la Dolomite. I'm sure there's a perfectly valid reason why it isn't offered up as such, but I can't figure it out.

the diablo's shaft dimensions are a bit boxier than the dolomite/dynasty, still slightly concave so i'd say its closer to the widow than dolomite. don't think that solution would please you.

my guess why the widow isn't offered in other dimensions is related to the dagger taper being so extreme.

I'm excited for this. I'm a short adult who uses a curve that no one offers in the intermediate stick, Lidstrom/Getzlaf. if I get one of these custom sticks I can get the SR 60 and then when I cut it down it will be a more reasonable flex for me.

Same here.

I'm only 5'6" and only use Getzlaf / Lidstrom curves.

it's a shame those curves aren't available in intermediate, because once I cut the stick way down there goes all the flex.

2 days ago I custom ordered a Warrior Widow in Intermediate (60" as opposed to 63") and 70 flex. Lidstrom curve as well.

Let you know how it turns out!