Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ibeck

Formula 1-2011 Season

I looked around, couldn't find anything. Anybody else follow F1 on here? Thoughts on the season so far?

Yeah, I follow it pretty closely. Interesting tire strategy today toward the end of the German GP.

They kept mentioning on the broadcast it may rain. Perhaps that's why some guys waiting so long to change to the medium compound. Really exciting race though, lots of great overtaking. Great job by Sutil to get that Force India into the points. I'm really liking the DRS and KERS technology.

Kind of late, but I too follow F1. Not so much the last 2-3 years as I did before (especially when Villeneuve was in). I am glad they are doing more races each year though. It sucks that they keep changing the regulations/rules, etc. all the time, but I do like that they seem to want to take the "aids" away from the drivers, and make it more driver vs. driver, not just who has the most money to make the best machine (Ferrari???).

Plus, now I don't really have a favourite team or driver. Villeneuve was my guy, and I also really like Raikkonen, but now - just watch for the race.

Kind of late, but I too follow F1. Not so much the last 2-3 years as I did before (especially when Villeneuve was in). I am glad they are doing more races each year though. It sucks that they keep changing the regulations/rules, etc. all the time, but I do like that they seem to want to take the "aids" away from the drivers, and make it more driver vs. driver, not just who has the most money to make the best machine (Ferrari???).

Plus, now I don't really have a favourite team or driver. Villeneuve was my guy, and I also really like Raikkonen, but now - just watch for the race.

F1 is really starting to become a joke. I've done a fair bit of reading during the break. Races come in and out every year depending on how much money the track gives to Bernie Ecclestone. The rules like you mentioned are a bigger revolving door than the NHL. At the end of the day I still think it's the most interesting sport out there with all the technology and testing that goes on. I'll still watch all the races I can even though I don't have a favorite team. I to used to cheer for Villeneuve and Raikkonen.

anyone see senna? It's playing in limited release in the states right now and it's pretty incredible. a story that can bring grown men to tears. It truly is one of the best documentaries I have ever seen, if not the best.

anyone see senna? It's playing in limited release in the states right now and it's pretty incredible. a story that can bring grown men to tears. It truly is one of the best documentaries I have ever seen, if not the best.

Is it a movie, or just a tv special? Sounds interesting.