Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
AIREAYE

Superfeet Yellow

Player : 5'9" 130 lbs

Skates : Easton S15 8.5 W

Size : D (7-8)

Overview:

One product in a whole line of supportive footbeds by Superfeet, the Yellow version was made specifically for skates. This product, first and foremost, is not designed ot be an arch support, but rather, a heel support product. Although there is an arch structure built in, it is designed to allow your foot to assume a more natural position for better energy transfer and you will notice that it is placed a bit further back than where most arches in feet are. Superfeet is designed to help reduce or eliminate pronation and supination, or the torquing of the leg. By adding support for your heel, Superfeet is supposed to optimize the position of your foot so that with every push/stride, the energy is transfered to the skate more and not lost in pronation/supination. Better comfort and performance should thus result.

Fit: Perfectly fitted and trimmed. Easy to slide into the skate and for the duration of the skate, the footbed stays in place as expected. Noticed that it because a bit loose after I took the skates off, but is a non-issue. As long as you are properly fitted for Superfeet (see : http://www.modsquadh...izing-question/ ) this should be a 10.

9.5/10

Comfort: While walking around with Superfeet in or even standing in place with them, I noticed discomfort on my arch with the irritation shooting into my leg. This is absolutely expected as the force of every step is transferred directly through the footbed and into the skate. Once skating however, this becomes non-existent simply due to the different motions. A minor annoyance you might find going to and from the dressing room but let's face it; you're not going to be walking on ice tongue.gif

9/10

Performance:

Simply put, this is perhaps the best gear related purchase I have ever made; next to my skates. The benefits of Superfeet might vary from person to person and as such for me; I could safely say that it has significantly improved my skating and agility. Since the heel is supported and my heel/foot no longer slips around slightly in the boot; every stride and push is transferred directly to the skate.

I noticed that I fall down and lose my edges less while I go down putting all weight on one leg for example. Significant improvement in edge control while doing pivots, backwards crossovers and sharp turns. This product has literally improved my skating ohmy.gif

10/10

Final thoughts: I would recommend this product to anyone above the beginner skater level and while it will improve your support; its effects may not be as drastic compared to mine. Make sure that you are fitted properly when purchasing. You should rebake your skates with Superfeet in them as it changes the position of your arch slightly and lifts up your heel a bit as well. just make sure that they do not go into the oven with the skates.

Phenomenal product.

edit : Hockey World Blog has been kind enough to credit this review to their own! It seems that Matt (if you're reading this, thanks!) had a great experience with them too : http://www.hockeywor...-yellow-review/

Edited by AIREAYE

Product:

Superfeet Yellow - Size: E 9.5-11

Time Used:

11 months

Personal Specs:

22 Years old, 5'11'', 195lbs, Size 10.5 shoe, size 9.5 skate, in Graf G35 On ice ~5 hrs/week in Men`s league and Drop-in hockey

Fit: 10/10

Trimmed to match stock insoles in Graf skates, they fit like a dream, are easy to slide in and out and once in are well seated and anchored.

Comfort: 9.5/10

As with any changes to skates, you are going to feel some discomforts initially. I was having troubles with my feet pronating in my skates (rolling inwards) and the Superfeet have helped stabilize my foot in my boot. It took about 2 weeks of regular use to get over the initial shock of a new insole. I have very flat feet so this most likely did not help with the break in/adjustment time. I now have no issues whatsoever with the comfort and the top material does a good job keeping my foot in place on the footbed. There is ample venting in the insole, and I have not noticed a difference in foot temperature since using the insoles.

Performance: 10/10

I bought the Superfeet to help with my feet pronating (rolling inwards), and they have cured the issue fully. They provide excellent support and are a shallow enough volume that they do not affect the boot's overall fit. My entire leg stays more square to the skate when fitted with Superfeet, and I am able to really drive out of turns and explode into strides without any feeling of give or loss of balance.

Durability: 10/10

I take my insoles out after every ice time, which means removing and inserting ~10 times a week. The makeup of the insole is a plastic heel cup, that runs from the heel to mid-front of the arch, with a yellow insole laminated over top. There have been no issues of the heels delaminating or really anything wrong with the insoles at all. The top finish (yellow) has remained yellow (I skate with socks on) and does not retain very much smell. They dry almost instantly (<1 hour), and have not began to break down at the forefoot which still allows for easy installation.

FInal thoughts:

Once I got over the initial shock of something new in my skates, I was able to use these without issue. They provide excellent stability, are easy to install (place old insole on Superfeet, trace then cut), are low volume thus do not make a noticeable difference in volume of skate, and have great durability. I would recommend this product to anyone looking to have their foot better supported in their skate but would caution the break in period because for me it was quite miserable (nothing out of the ordinary for skates with me).

Final Rating: 9.9/10

Recommended: Yes

Product:

Superfeet Yellow - Size: E 9.5-11

Time Used:

2 Years so far

Personal Specs:

26 Years old, 6'2'', 240lbs, Size 12 shoe, size 10.5 skate, Easton S15 pros

Fit: 10/10

Fit is like any mark and cut sole you use, shape it to the old one you're replacing and you're solid. So unless you do it wrong then i guess you should give it a top score

Comfort: 9/10

I mainly got these because i have really bad issues with my instep, it absolutely kills the feeling on my feet on any skate, These actually give it a fantastic feel and then theres those odd days where my feet decide to hurt just to hurt, i could be having a great game but you can still tell how painful it gets at times. But thats my feet for you, may just need to go custom.

Performance: 10/10

I got these from a friend running a store after hearing my issue and told me these would offer that support i need to help ease the pain. When i used to skate in shock doctors and other footbeds (did not try sidas) the same result was during and after every skate my feet were in intense pain. With using superfeet, its like once every 5 skates. I'll take that.

Durability: 10/10

After my skates i remove the insoles and let them dry and spray them with disinfectant you see used in say bowling alleys for shoes i guess. It works, no smell. I also do it so it allows the skates to dry properly so theres no rotting from it. These soles have outlasted one pair of S15s, a pair of grafs and a pair of CCM tacks in two years alone. I can easily say they're great.

FInal thoughts:

If you have intense pain, Please do yourself a favour and buy these, you can't go wrong, once you adjust to something helpful being in your skates you'll notice a good, no, GREAT difference.

Final Rating: 9.8/10

Recommended: Absolutely!