Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
jeffg

skate tongues

Does anyone know anything about Sniper Skate Tongues by Nash? I just had a pair of skate tongues replaced and they put the Sniper Skate Tongue in my skate. The tongue is a heavy felt lined tongue with leather. The tongue appears very comfortable, but I have yet to skate on it. I had the tongues put in a pair of Vapor X60's.

Very comfy tongues and lace bite isn't usually an issue until they've been significantly compressed and worn - but it takes most people awhile to get to that point.

just got mine and skated in a game tonight. i love em. super thick,comfortable as hell, ready to flop but not floppy. huge upgrade from the thin crappy stock ones on my u+pros

.nash6.jpgnash5.jpgnash4.jpgnash3.jpgnash2.jpgnash1.jpg

So did A&R just rip this company off and copy their design? They look identical minus the lettering.

i asked myself the same question, i am assuming they are rebranded, and for whatever reason cost more than the nash's..

I just got mine done by Georges too. Have skated in them twice since they have been replaced and they helped my lace bite. Still not completely gone but from what I was told takes a while for your feet to heal. They feel great though.

Nash primarily makes replacement palms and other parts for hockey shops. You can find their infrequently updated website here:

http://www.pipcom.com/~nash/

They will or at least used to sell to individual consumers as well. I know they have a paper catalogue of their offerings which they used to mail for folks who reach out to them via e-mail but that was several years ago. The few times I ordered directly from them I was happy with the product and service.

they look just like my graf tounges

They do resemble them pretty closely. I noted the felt in the Nash tongues dosen't seem as "dense" as on the Grafs and others.

They do resemble them pretty closely. I noted the felt in the Nash tongues dosen't seem as "dense" as on the Grafs and others.

i can post some comparisson pics sometime in the next few days between the new nash tongue and the graf felt tongues. my brother has a new pair of g5's getting delivered.

they look great. i think im going to get a pair for my apxs. im currently using some old ccm tack tongues and theyre nice but these are nasty.

sofer,youll love em!

i mentioned a comparison of the nash's and graf tongues in my last post but on camera you cant tell much difference so i didnt post pics. however the nash's have a much softer, more dense felt as well as a layer of thin hard foam for lace bite protection as well as a second layer of felt down the center for added comfort and more protection. the foam is crease-able allowing for tongue flop without break-in

the grafs were just a lighter felt and leather

Does anyone know which would offer more shot protection, the Nash Sniper Tongues or the CCM Armour Tongues on the U+CL? My U+CL Armour Tongues are starting to split, but I don't want to replace them with something that will provide less shot protection.

BTW... That "speedy stitcher" tool mentioned in the tongue replacement "how to" is great. I highly recommend one for any hockey player for general repairs on equipment. I've already used it to put velcro on the backs of Reebok Edge socks, patch cuts in my bag and I'll use it to replace the tongues if I do that. When the velcro on my elbow pads inevitably wears out I'll probably use it to put some new velcro on those. That thing is great!

Edited by AfftonDad

I just had a pair put in my one95's. I have skated on them 3 times, 2 coaching one playing. I agree they are a nice tongue. Ideally though I would not mind seeing a bit more rigidity up the middle of the tongue. I am feeling my laces through the tongue more than I did with stock bauer tongues. They look great though. For the most part I am satisfied. George's did a great job.

I just picked up a pair of the Nash tongues to install in a buddy's X-60's. I'll put up a review in that section if I get a few minutes over the weekend.

Does anyone know where to get these without getting them installed? I've contacted Nash directly, but I wanted to know if there was a reseller or something that would be able to ship them to me so I could have them put on locally or do them myself. The stock tongues on my skates are killing me.

Would Nash not sell you a pair? Or have you just not heard back from them yet? I know they shut down for the bulk of July, normally.

If you don't have any place local, and Nash won't sell you a pair, they'd probably be willing to point you in the direction of a shop that has them.

Would Nash not sell you a pair? Or have you just not heard back from them yet? I know they shut down for the bulk of July, normally.

If you don't have any place local, and Nash won't sell you a pair, they'd probably be willing to point you in the direction of a shop that has them.

Haven't heard back yet. I was just curious if anyone knew of any resellers that sold them online.