Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Easton E700 Helmet Teardown

I could. I need to call down there tomorrow. Not sure if they hand me a new one right then and there or if they need to send it in, get approval, etc, etc.... It was the Glenview location.

That's the one I usually go to. I hope they can just swap it out for you.

Just got my e700 matte black today. . . worn a large my whole life except my most recent helmets. A ccm v10 and the e700. . . . I could squeeze my head into the old s19 medium helmet but it hurt like hell and the large was way to big.

This has got to be the most comfortable helmet i've ever worn. Really excited to wear it in my game on friday.

I ordered a large and unfortunately I can not wear the helmet. Pressure points at the temples. The shape curves in too much for me at the bottom half of the helmet, where my V08 stays straighter. Super light! Pads were really comfortable. Plus it looked really weird on my head! Fingers crossed for the Krown or the Re-Akt. Awesome helmet though!

Does anyon have any pics of this helmet with a visor mounted? Put an oakley visor on mine last night, and looks goofy, sits real low... wondering if this is normal.

If it's of any use to someone as with all helemts you really NEED to try this one on. I wear a medium in 4500/9900 but in this I fit in the small very nicley. It was very comfortable though, when the re-akt comes out my next helmet might come down to these two.

If you look at the picture, you see that there are two rails on the ear holes.

Just pull the earguard down (or up if you are holding the helmet upside down) and it will slide off.

How's everyone liking their helmets so far? I just picked this up. Feels great and snug!

Unfortunately, the LHS don't sell the Velcro attachments :( anyone know of a GTA or surrounding location that sells it?

Without question the best helmet I have ever worn or seen.

I can't imagine a more comfortable helmet.

Fits my head perfectly, insanely light, washable pads are great and super absorbent, matte finish looks awesome and is holding up, i've taken a few hits (nothing really bad) and it feels protective.

Only downside is if you forget the interior pads at home, you aren't going to be a happy camper. Someone needs to start selling the pads.

If the helmet fits your head, I don't think you can find a better helmet.

after trying one on at Winterfest, I picked one up as soon as I could swing it. Absolutely, the most comfortable helmet I have ever worn. Really love it.

Bought this helmet a few weeks ago. Originally I had went into the pro shoppe looking at the S19. Literally, the helmet had just got put on the shelf.

So far, I love it.

It's extremely light; I barely know it's on my head.

It's a perfect fit with the Giro system, both for the top of the head and especially the back of my head.

Thanks JR for the photos! I ended up going with the Oakley small straight visor.

(As a Kings fan, I don't really like the look of Trent Hunter with that helmet. But Michael Cammalleri and Peter Mueller sold me.

Make sure you dry out your helmets after every game/practice. I left mine in the bag since my game last week and the padding was still wet five days later.

Nice camera work!

On a sidenote - I had my first game the other night with the E700. Only thing I noticed was that my cage sat a little different - but that was all. The helmet performed great. Seconding Chadd's comments - make sure you air the helmet out. The pads absorb a lot of moisture, but take a while to dry... I will have to pick-up a second set of pads (or a second helmet!) come tournament time.... It took over a day for mine to dry properly...

Nice camera work!

On a sidenote - I had my first game the other night with the E700. Only thing I noticed was that my cage sat a little different - but that was all. The helmet performed great. Seconding Chadd's comments - make sure you air the helmet out. The pads absorb a lot of moisture, but take a while to dry... I will have to pick-up a second set of pads (or a second helmet!) come tournament time.... It took over a day for mine to dry properly...

Might be something Easton will need to look into for next year.

Damn you guys are sweaty bastards.

My headband is soaked by the second period. I honestly can't wait for my helmet to show up. Throwing on my itech clear on it once it gets here.

After thinking about my S17, I wish I had those pads. I noticed that sweat is always dripping down my face or off the front of my helmet.