Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Easton E700 Helmet Teardown

Awesome helmet. but.... Some comfort pads (front and temples) have torn after about 25 games. Need replacements. Anyone knows retailer who has those?

Sorry to dig this up - but I did not want to start a new topic...

Has anyone found a place selling the replacement pads? My helmet is starting to smell funky and summer is coming quick here. My roller games get hot as all hell and I usually play 2 games a night... It would be nice to be able to have two or more sets of pads.

Also, has anyone got a good technique for washing the pads? Just throw them in the washer or do they need to be hand washed?

G'fish:I hand washed mine...warm soapy water, rung them out and then just left them to air dry. I'm sure you could machine wash them...but I just figured with the small pieces, they might get spun up into the workings of the drum....if washer/dryer can steal socks...surely these would go missing.

Thanks for the replies. I figured hand washing would be the best option... I will give it a whirl.

Goalieman - if you have any tips on how to get them - I would love to hear. I figure I could just email/call the shop I use the most to see if they can get them for me...

Spoke with an Easton rep on the phone. He said you need to be a dealer to purchase them. Very nice guy. Even gave me the part number which is A17810.

Hi,

I got this helmet the other day. The store didn't give me the box with it, nor any instruction booklet or anything.

And they didn't adjust it for me either. And now I'm realizing I'm not sure how to do it myself.

I adjusted the yellow straps under the side pads inside the helmet. But it still feels much to tight or much too loose.

No in between.

Is there another place I can adjust it that I'm not aware of?

For those interested, I saw that Hockey Monkey loaded the replacement helmet pads for all sizes on their website. I bought two sets. They charged my credit card, so I believe that marks one of the first times HM actually had everything I ordered in stock! LOL....

I bought an E700 in January. I play rec hockey in the U.K. twice a week. My helmet has a small crack on the side just above the Easton logo. After emailing a picture to Hockey Monkey EU, they said to send it back to them. Now they say there is nothing wrong with it. It's only the outer shell that is cracked so no loss in protection. Anyone else have any similar problems with these helmets denting/ cracking?

There will be other colorways, but available Mar 1. The only matte finishes will be black and white.

I haven't seen anything but black and white so far. The others have obviously slipped, but does anyone have any information on when other colors are being released. I haven't been able to get any information from my local shops.

Thanks!

I haven't seen anything but black and white so far. The others have obviously slipped, but does anyone have any information on when other colors are being released. I haven't been able to get any information from my local shops.

Thanks!

I've seen the other colorways in stock online.

Edit: Maybe it's just Hockeymonkey doing their "we don't have it in stock but we'll take your order anyway!" routine. You're right, none of the other sites seem to be listing anything but black and white.

I bought an E700 in January. I play rec hockey in the U.K. twice a week. My helmet has a small crack on the side just above the Easton logo. After emailing a picture to Hockey Monkey EU, they said to send it back to them. Now they say there is nothing wrong with it. It's only the outer shell that is cracked so no loss in protection. Anyone else have any similar problems with these helmets denting/ cracking?

Any chance you can post a pic and did you send it to Hockey Monkey or Easton?

Any chance you can post a pic and did you send it to Hockey Monkey or Easton?

I have a pic but i'm not sure how to upload it. If someone could explain how to upload images then I would upload it. I sent it to Hockey Monkey EU. I'm not sure how to contact Easton or if they have a contact in Europe?

The best way is to upload it to imageshack or photobucket and then paste the link.

http://imageshack.us.../862/e700p.jpg/

The crack is above the T in easton and the the joint where the two sections meet is starting to come apart.

I took a shot to the top of the dome and the outer shell cracked also. The store replaced it, but I am concerned about the lifespan of this helmet as it seems that every puck to the head or any other relatively mild hits to the helmet cause white stress marks - spoiling the aesthetics and putting a question mark over quality and longevity of the helmet. I realize that the outer shell is not really the protective part, but still.....

It's a real shame as this is the best fitting helmet I've even put on, and so light.

My son's in Canada right now. I just picked him up an E700 for his birthday. I had them put a ReAkt titanium cage on it. Thing is insanely light.