Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dunc19

Best way to install a tacki-mac?

Anyone know of a good way to remove a tacki-mac to reinstall it?  I put one on the other day (Kane pro) and then noticed the next day that it had slipped down about 1 quarter inch and my neurotic self can't have that.

I don't know how you would slide it off. Roll it? Probably not. Hey, they're only 7 bucks!

And ya, I try to leave a little up top for that reason. And I tape over the end plug too, as they tend to disappear.

35 minutes ago, 218hockey said:

I don't know how you would slide it off. Roll it? Probably not. Hey, they're only 7 bucks!

And ya, I try to leave a little up top for that reason. And I tape over the end plug too, as they tend to disappear.

I started just removing them.

Ive also never removed a tacki mac. They're cheap enough that I just replace. Sucks when that needs doing that quick but I guess it depends HOW ocd you actually are ;)

The way i remove them which works when using the tape they supply. is roll it up from the bottom end over itself..

its a similar principle but in reverse to another rubber thing you roll on..

then onces its off youll be able to easily unroll it, but it will be inside out - so then just feed one end inside the other and slowly work it through itself? (dont try and pull at the end).

I only use the Kane pro grips, but i envision this wouldnt work with any of the models with a butt end knob.

I also have successfully peeled the edge up and got hot water down it - but it seemed to take longer as i didnt want water going everywhere, but sort of needed it to release the tape everywhere..

Also i did toy with the idea of buying long wooden butt ends, so i could swap out so i could just swap the ends with the grip on - but alas shipping to australia is hard for just a couple of items :(

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

Anyone know of a good way to remove a tacki-mac to reinstall it?  I put one on the other day (Kane pro) and then noticed the next day that it had slipped down about 1 quarter inch and my neurotic self can't have that.

Roll it up to the top them just slide it off the butt end, don't rolling it inside out.

Use hair spray to put it back on.  It's sticky enough to hold it but can still roll it off whenever you want.  I've been doing it for years.

Howdy,

5 hours ago, Fletch said:

Tell your neurotic self to not think about it.  

Signed,

Guy with the same problem and it bugs him too, but who thinks "fixing it" is likely to make it worse

:-)

edit:  I will say, "slipped down 1/4" is significantly better than "slipped up 1/4" and is now hanging over the end".  Other than when I look at the stick I don't ever notice the slipped down one.  I feel the slipped up one.

YMMV.

Mark

14 hours ago, BureKovy said:

Roll it up to the top them just slide it off the butt end, don't rolling it inside out.

Use hair spray to put it back on.  It's sticky enough to hold it but can still roll it off whenever you want.  I've been doing it for years.

Ha, this worked.  Thanks man!  I had rolled them off before but all the way inside-out because it was usually because I was replacing them due to wear.

5 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Ha, this worked.  Thanks man!  I had rolled them off before but all the way inside-out because it was usually because I was replacing them due to wear.

You're welcome.  I have about 10 or so, but I haven't had to buy any because I use this method.  I change sticks, lengths etc and it works great.