Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2012 Reebok Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/128-2012-reebok-holiday-catalogue/

Skates - New line across the board for Reebok in the skate department, starting with the 20k. The story with the 20k is that the skate has been designed to flex better; the Dynamic Support System (DSS) has two zones in which composite fibers are added. The Spinal Zone in the heel area has the fibers running up and down, and the Flexion Zone in the eyestay area has the fibers running at 45 degrees. Also, the tendon guard is flexible for better range of motion. Tacky Nash and Clarino split liner, with a felt tongue with EPE insert.

The 18k has the downspec'd quarter package (Max Armour V to the 20k's Pro Armour IV) and made overseas to the 20k made in Canada.

Also, there is not a top-end white skate this year; the White K falls slightly above the middle of the line.

Sticks - Unchanged from Holiday 2011

Helmets - Unchanged from 2011

Gloves - Unchanged from 2011

Protective - The line is unchanged from 2011, however, there is a new pad. The KFS Hybrid Shoulder Pad is a shoulder pad/padded shirt combo. The KFS Shield is a top of the line shoulder pad, however, the majority of the chest and back have been sculpted out. The KFS Core shirt fills in those gaps, resulting in a very light and full range of motion pad. The shirt will be sold separately; however, the shoulder pads will only be sold as a set with the shirt.

Pants - Unchanged from 2011

Thanks for scanning this and the CCM one JR lol I can imagine how annoying the binding was.

Is it just me or do the composite zones in the skates seem like they've been borrowed from the Easton EQ series? Same areas too. Reebok's using a bunch of funky materials too; titanium and nylon? :huh:

Odd numbering system with the skates too. The 'new' 9K is an entry model, while the one above that, the 12K could potentially confuse people relating them to the 11K.

Agreed with nickyb, I think the padded core will be popular with people who don't normally wear shoulders.

I think the difference between the Easton and Reebok approaches is interesting. Easton started from a fully composite shell as a design principle and started working backwards; Reebok has taken a more traditional skate, added composites to stiffen areas that don't need to flex, and softened areas that should.

Goalie equipment?

Will do that at a later point

Why is oakley face protection part of the ccm/reebok catalogue?

Because Reebok/CCM has been distributing Oakley visors since 2005, the settlement of the JOFA Image visor lawsuit.

Thanks for scanning this and the CCM one JR lol I can imagine how annoying the binding was.

Yeah, the catalogue at this point is torn apart. It was a pain in the ass, that is for sure.

Sorry, I do not scan that stuff. It's time consuming, it makes the file bigger than needed, and really not all that relevant.

The new 20P00 jersey is in stores already.

I really like the idea of the shoulder pad "system" (separate shirt and shell) may have to look into picking up one of the shirts for men's league. Any idea as to how tight the shirt will fit? Is it a compression type fit or a bit looser?

I really like the idea of the shoulder pad "system" (separate shirt and shell) may have to look into picking up one of the shirts for men's league. Any idea as to how tight the shirt will fit? Is it a compression type fit or a bit looser?

It doesn't fit tight and is really light

Actually, I had the core files (the original scans); should be fixed momentarily. When I tried to reduce file size, it distorted everything. This was scanned at 200 dpi BTW.

Regardless, the scan isn't the cleanest as they decided to use grey pages.

Actually, I had the core files (the original scans); should be fixed momentarily. When I tried to reduce file size, it distorted everything. This was scanned at 200 dpi BTW.

Regardless, the scan isn't the cleanest as they decided to use grey pages.

thanks for taking the time to fix it.

Any news on the goalie part? I am especially interested whether Reebok has something new to offer in pants, chest protectors and knee/thigh protection.

Two completely different animals as far as construction goes, RBK is still a traditionally made skate, where as Easton composite shell is a newer approach in material and construction, the gap is not really closing. As for who had the first idea, I always put Easton in the first place when it comes to coming out with new ideas or direction, but I also put them in the last place in implementing those ideas to the fullest potential.

That's more or less exactly what I said.