Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2012 Bauer Hockey Catalogue

I'm more concerned about the depth. I have never tried on the 8090's but the Flexlites and 2011 Supremes were not deep enough. I failed the pencil test on both. Are the Nexus skates going to be that much deeper than the current Supremes or am I wasting my time waiting for them?

I'd like to know this as well. The NXGs fit my foot overall pretty well. Very comfortable, but the depth isn't quite deep enough for me. Customs aren't available locally and I'd hate to spend $800 on skates that don't fit perfect. Tried Flexlites and I was bursting out of them as well.

Has anybody seen the Bauer Re-Akt titanium cage in person? I did and held it up next to the 9900 cage and while it is much lighter, the bars seem thicker than the 9900's bars. I don't really care much about weight just better vision. Is it me or are the bars thicker on the new cage?

Is just the cage available yet? I see the combo is out.

I'd like to know this as well. The NXGs fit my foot overall pretty well. Very comfortable, but the depth isn't quite deep enough for me. Customs aren't available locally and I'd hate to spend $800 on skates that don't fit perfect. Tried Flexlites and I was bursting out of them as well.

I was able to try the Nexus 1000 on the ice. The Totalones are only a tad too shallow for me with just a bit of lace bite if I over tighten them. With the Nexus, I didn't get any lace bite at all.

RE-AKT cage (M) = 164g

9900 cage (M) = 246g

Itech 908Ti cage (M) = 187g

The RE-AKT is noticeably lighter than my FM480/5K. Not earth-shatteringly lighter, but enough to notice. The wire placement is very similar to the 9900, it doesn't have the cut-outs on the sides. The wire shape is oval, but not as thin as the 9900.

Cooperalls, do you mind seeing if the Re-AKT is the same width as the 9900 and narrower than the Itech? I've always had a problem finding wide enough cages to not squeeze the temples haha.

Cooperalls, do you mind seeing if the Re-AKT is the same width as the 9900 and narrower than the Itech? I've always had a problem finding wide enough cages to not squeeze the temples haha.

I measured all three temple-to-temple and got the following:

Itech = 7 7/8"

RE-AKT = 8"

9900 = 8 1/4"

it appears that the p08 doesn't come in any replacement blades :sad:

Nope, but Warrior offers the Kremlin W11 pattern in the Dynasty (tapered) and Evo/Mojo (Standard) blades. Little more extreme than the Bauer Ovechkin P08, but similar.

It is officially May 15th west coast time and I was disappointed in no Nexus goodness on the net. Then I saw the June 15th date. I am going for a drink to celebrate being a Rink Rat geek!

Is just the cage available yet? I see the combo is out.

May 15th

Well, realizing I have to wear a cage these days for safety, I thought this would be a good change to my exisitng helmet/cage. Closer to a shield or no face protection at all.

I just put the new cage on my 4500 helmet, both size medium. Easy to feel the difference in weight. Fit well, but one minor thing. The original True Vision II cage has a cut out on the sides for when coming close to the helmet/ear pieces. The Re-Akt cage does not. So, it's a little tight fitting when swinging up, but works. Also, someone mentioned the bars are bigger. They are, but on the flat side. If you look at the cage from the top or bottom, you will see they are flatter/bigger. But when looking straight on, as if wearing it, they are not any bigger. Similar to the oval bars on existing cages today.

Overall, unless I'm missing something, this new cage should be a good product, as it's upgrade price is a lot less than than the old iTech.

They seemed to have been released May 18th instead of 15th, but regardless, they're out now.

This cage is ridiculously light, I'm very impressed. Well worth grabbing a Re-Akt combo if you factor in the difference in price and the price of the cage separate.

Fit well, but one minor thing. The original True Vision II cage has a cut out on the sides for when coming close to the helmet/ear pieces. The Re-Akt cage does not. So, it's a little tight fitting when swinging up, but works.

I have the Re-Akt combo and noticed the same thing. Overall, I'm very happy with it though and it was well worth the money to upgrade from my 9900.

I was able to try the Nexus 1000 on the ice. The Totalones are only a tad too shallow for me with just a bit of lace bite if I over tighten them. With the Nexus, I didn't get any lace bite at all.

How did you like them? Seems like these may be a good option for me... here's hoping anyway.

Got in the new APX protective recently and a couple of thoughts:

- APX shoulders, if you couldn't tell from the catalogue picture, has a unibody construction now, so no longer the more free floating vest-like construction of the X:60s. Some may like this change. I really loved the way it hugged the torso, comparable to the U+Pros (very form fitting and close to the body without restricting movement). I found that often times, the rib area of the X:60 pads flared up and outwards above the strap. No longer the case here. The way it hugs the body is the biggest improvement imo

- The Vent Armor in the lower chest/rib area are definitely denser than the floating softer X:60 pads; I consider this an upgrade in protection

- The Free Flex shoulder cap is essentially a 2 piece plastic cap (you can see the difference in the silver and white sections; allows for a little bit of extra mobility

-Excellent Free Flex bicep and arm guard; almost feels like there is nothing there

- Elbows are pretty much the same, as in rock hard and unyielding. Hard and pointy elbow cap has me worried (heck, it's the same throughout the line too)

Sounds promising for my foot. How would you compare the forefoot width of the Nexus vs the Supreme?

I'm a EE in a TO, but the Nexus 1000 I tried on was a D. The Nexus forefoot felt great even in a D. I didn't even get any pressure on the outside of my big toe as I get with the TO, but this maybe due to the insoles with the ergo toe in the Nexus.

just thought I would chime in on the apx shoulders, I love the fit and function, but my first wear pulling a strap off ripped the stitches holding the velcro. really easily too.

top of the line gear and it falls apart pretty quik. going to need to take it in for re stitchin

How stiff will the Nexus 1000 skates be compared to the x60's?

Does anyone who has had a chance to check the skates out have a comment on this?