Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2012 Warrior Hockey Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/131-2012-warrior-hockey-catalogue/

Helmet - With their history in lacrosse, it was only a matter of time until Warrior would produce a helmet, and they have for 2012: the Krown 360. The story with the Krown 360 revolves around a 360° fit; the shell actually is 4 pieces, which are all controlled by a single dial on the back edge of the helmet. When the dial is turned, all four pieces expand or collapse. The other story is that the helmet is that it involves three foams - the majority of the helmet is EPP, but has molded VN on the bottom back as well as the temple area, and topped off with comfort foam. 8 colors, S-XL. There is also a cage which pairs with the Krown 360, which has a multi-density chin cup which is also height-adjustable.

Sticks - The Widow is unchanged for 2012. Diablo also gets a SE; two finishes, matte clear and Velvet grip.

The new Evo is very similar to Dynasty; Axy-Sym tech but with a Linear Taper flex, which is a mid kick (Dynasty is low). Mojo and Vandal stay in the line, but the Bentley and Esquire are now lighter and better balanced. AK27 has been retired.

The Evo is also available in shaft form as it replaces the AK27 in that aspect.

New pattern in the W12 Wisniewski - a low-lie deep mid-heel with an open face.

Will cover the goal sticks in the goal review.

Gloves - Projekt and Koncept have been updated for 2012 - new design (gone are the "bone" rolls) as well as a new graphics package and updated SmartPalm. The Koncept now gets the original SmartPalm and V-Tek liner. Franchise is unchanged, however, the Bonafide becomes the BonafideX; Clarino palm, Bone System for protection (from the Projekt and Luxe) as well as Silver Shield liner; very nice glove.

The Remix and Tempo are also new for 2012 and round out the Evo (traditional glove) line. Flow (Luxe line) unchanged.

Protective - Projekt has been overhauled for 2012; the shoulder pad have improved mobility. Smaller shoulder caps, as well as a new floating spine and sternum pad package. Also, more vest-like as there is an integrated stretchy jacket inside the pad. Elbow pad is a bit more streamlined from the previous iteration. All other lines are unchanged.

New pants in the Projekt and Koncept; the same tech in the shoulder pad's spine/sternum is in the spine pad of the pant. Low-profile kidney pads, dual-belt system, and very mobile. Koncept and Syko follow the Projekt's pant cut.

I normally don't cover baselayer, but this is something interesting; an asymmetric shirt. The Dynasty shirt has a stretchier fabric in specific muscle zones; and it depends on what handness you shoot. So, there's a LH shirt, and a RH shirt, available in long-sleeve and short-sleeve.

For someone who has never used a Warrior product, I'd like to comment on items that interest me....

Helmet - Sharp look. I really like the concept of the adjustments too. Ventilation looks like it would be right in line with most others.

Sticks - I just have got to get my hands on one of the sticks with the Axy-Sym. As for looks, well...I've never been a fan of the flashy look Warrior paints, however that being said, if I found one I liked, I would definately use it. And I am one who is super picky when it comes to sticks.

About the only other area that really caught my eye, was the compression shirts. Another innovative concept that I think will work good, but not sure how much so for recreational players. Again, something I'd give a try and would consider as part of my regular gear.

Thanks for posting that JR!

I think the new Projekt Shins now have the removable liner? I've got the current (well, now previous model) and they didnt have the removable liner which was a sore point as I wear knee braces under my shin pads.

Always use to knock Warrior products for their ridiculous colours and names, now I find myself attracted to their products just based on fit and comfort, along with great materials. Looks like 2012 will be a great year for Warrior.

can anyone comment on the fit of the new project pants? are they a more "form-fitting" kind of like bauer's vapor is compared to their supreme, or are they still a traditional fit, just a bit more low profile?

A few things after checking out this catalog:

1. The Wisniewski (W12) pattern looks interesting. It seems almost like an answer to Bauer's Richards (P106) pattern. With that said, why is it only limited to one stick? (And the customizer, presumably). I like experimenting with new curves every now and then, but I really don't like having to pay $200 for the privilege. I don't understand why when a new pattern is unveiled that no one makes more equitable solutions in the form of replacement blades. Wouldn't that help people who may be interested in the curve and make them more likely to make larger investments down the road? I don't know... I'm no hockey equipment marketing guru and I'm certainly no genius, so maybe all of this is just my means of venting my displeasure in Warrior no longer offering the Draper/Kopitar replacement blade in a lie 4.

2. The new Projekt protective line... is zote foam still being used? I remember it being touted as the new standard for the NHL and I didn't come across any mention of it in the catalog.

Vanek's been limited to the customizer only. And just so I don't go spreading horrible lies and rumors, I should clarify that have no idea whether or not W12 is like P106 - It just seems like the 2 curves have a lot in common. I'll let JR or someone else who has actually seen the curves and knows what they're talking about answer that one.

can anyone comment on the fit of the new project pants? are they a more "form-fitting" kind of like bauer's vapor is compared to their supreme, or are they still a traditional fit, just a bit more low profile?

They are VERY form-fitting. More so then the vapors IMO. They were very snug around my hips.

i wonder what price for the bucket well be ,man they never are going to replace the franchises

$140 MAP, $180 combo.

Also JR is right, the BonafideX, is an awesome glove. VERY similar to the Franchise at fraction of the price, something definitely worth looking into. Most impressive thing they're coming out this year IMO is the projekt elbow pad. Finally found a pair that I will wear. The pad will not slide down, I wore it for 30 minutes and stayed in place the entire time.

BTW you'll need to try on helmet, it runs smaller then others. I love the concept of it though.

I think the new Projekt Shins now have the removable liner? I've got the current (well, now previous model) and they didnt have the removable liner which was a sore point as I wear knee braces under my shin pads.

Yes, the new Projekt Shins have removable liners. The side knee flaps are also smaller and the knee caps seem to be tweaked (a bit smaller). The fit felt similar to the current model and the strapping system is the same.

A few things after checking out this catalog:

2. The new Projekt protective line... is zote foam still being used? I remember it being touted as the new standard for the NHL and I didn't come across any mention of it in the catalog.

I was wondering the same thing about the zote foam. The only mention of zote foam I see is for the mid-body/girdle, but that's the one piece of the Projekt line that hasn't been updated.

Most impressive thing they're coming out this year IMO is the projekt elbow pad. Finally found a pair that I will wear. The pad will not slide down, I wore it for 30 minutes and stayed in place the entire time.

I agree that the eblow pad really stays in place well - I tried on the pair of larges on display at Winterfest and there were no slippage issues. I currently wear the 2010 Projekt elbows in medium (used large in previous pads) and while they stay in place well at the begining of the game they can slip a little if they're pulled or tugged after I've been sweating (it's usually not an issue, but if someone holds or hooks my elbow area they can slip). Now, I'd have to use the new ones in a game to be sure that wouldn't happen with those, but I can easily pull off a pair of large white Projekt elbows off (fully done up) when they're dry and can't do the same with the new Projekts.

I did find that the new elbows were still mobile, but not quite as mobile as the current Projekt pads. The caps and other areas seemed to be harder than the current model which should make them more protective, but perhaps explains the slight decrease in mobility vs. the current version. The current Projekt elbow pads are certainly the most mobile high end elbow pad I've ever used.

I was very impressed with the shoulders - I found them to be very mobile and low profile. They did feel more mobile than the current models - I don't use the current model shoulders, but I have tried them on. Now, for beer league I'll likely just stick with the Farrells I have, but if I was playing full contact competitive hockey the new Projekt shoulders would definitely get serious consideration.

The new compression shirts are interesting, but I wish they would've included grip on the elbow area instead of only the shoulders. In fact, I think the elbow area is more important for grip. I also prefer to wear full pants with shin grip instead of only shorts.

does anyone know what the quality of the remix glove is going to be? will it be similar to the 09 bully pro? because I love the look of the black and yellow , and the black and red

I have bonafide gloves now the X looks good. I hope they have a 13 model. I would love to try one on. Any idea when these hit the LHS?

The BonafideX glove looks nice, and to me, is what the Franchise should be. For less money, you're getting the same foams as the Franchise but with plastic inserts, an embroidered logo, and the same liner. For me, the Made in Canada tag on the Franchises isn't enough to make me spend more money on a glove with lesser options.

Helmet looks great. I'll be pushing hard for my club to replace our Bauers with these.

Interesting under-layer that for right and left handed players. Cool idea.

I tried on a sample of the new Projekt pants, they were to have the light weight NHL foam in production models but the pant was just a sample. I wear the X:60 and it fit very similar, wider on top and slim towards the knees. Internal belt, which is a big plus for me, and I like the double belt on the front. Great forward canting feel, no bunching around the hips and the thighs, similar to the X:60. Good venting, similar style to the X:60 and the CL pants. Once I get to see a production model to judge the weight and protection factor of the foam I will choose between it and the CL pants.

Oh yeah, one more thing, the new Projekt gloves were the most comfortable glove I've ever put on. Great lacrosse style glove transitioned to hockey. It's going to be hard to choose between that glove and the BonafideX, which is what the Franchise should be.

I normally don't cover baselayer, but this is something interesting; an asymmetric shirt. The Dynasty shirt has a stretchier fabric in specific muscle zones; and it depends on what handness you shoot. So, there's a LH shirt, and a RH shirt, available in long-sleeve and short-sleeve.

378601_10150444665506746_110174536745_8932625_182303970_n.jpg

The protective / new gloves are looking VERY lax inspired. I will be trying to get a pair of those Evo gloves tho.

Looks like the Kopitar (Draper) and Burrows (Savard) patterns are getting designated retail lies, so now you may need to go custom to get the lie you want for those curves. Kopitar retail is lie 5 and Burrows retail is lie 4.

Just picked up a Warrior stick the other day. I'm 5'10" and 200lbs and decided to give a 75flex stick a try. So far I'm liking it a lot. Is 75 flex a pretty common flex in the NHL?