Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2012 Fischer Hockey Catalogue

Fischer's catalogue definitely looks interesting. I always like to see new visor options added to the market and these visors look to have good style. Is there any more information between the difference of the Sx and the Fx sticks? What type of flex profile do they have?

Are there any locations in the North East USA where I could see the products in person? I would really like to try out some of these products and compare them to other products. Thank you.

It'd be nice if curve descriptions (sometimes it can be difficult to judge a curve accurately from a picture or illustration alone) and blade lies were included with the patterns.

Looks great. Pattern 4 or 5. What can you compare them to, Fischer Rep? Anything close to a Shanahan?

Hey there C.SLO5,

Just letting you know that Pattern #4 is similar to Roy/Gaborik and the #5 is similar to Getzlaf/Lidstrom. As for anything close to Shanahan that would be our #11 but the toe is slightly rounded.

It'd be nice if curve descriptions (sometimes it can be difficult to judge a curve accurately from a picture or illustration alone) and blade lies were included with the patterns.

Hey there althoma1,

Just telling you know that our blades are as follows, so hopefully this helps you out: L4 Similar to Roy/Gaborik L5 Similar to Lidstom/Getzlaf L9 Similar to Stamkos/Zetterberg L11 Similar to Cammalleri/Shanahan L12 Similar to Iginla L19 Similar to Sakic/Hall L23 Similar to Chara/Coffey L32 Similar to Drury/Parise L88 Similar to Kane

Fischer's catalogue definitely looks interesting. I always like to see new visor options added to the market and these visors look to have good style. Is there any more information between the difference of the Sx and the Fx sticks? What type of flex profile do they have?

Are there any locations in the North East USA where I could see the products in person? I would really like to try out some of these products and compare them to other products. Thank you.

Hi TommyKru06,

Well first off thanks for taking the time to go over our catalog as we really do appreciate it. Now to answer your questions, first off the difference between the SX and FX all depends on which models you are wanting to compare, but to break it down easily our SX series is our top line devoted to a higher caliber player, where our FX series is created for those who love the game but might not want to break the bank to play the game.

In our SX line all sticks are full composites and made from different varrieance of carbon fibres from Aramid to Aircraft. In all but the SX7, our blades are ABS with carbon, where as the SX7 is a PU blade with carbon. Both the SX7 and SX3 come in a new matted finish. SX5 and SX3 are available in either a grip or clear finish. New for this year all sticks come in 61" lenght but are also available in 63" by special order. As per our technology all sticks do have our CAP Technology which is a flim around our shafts that makes our sticks 30% more durable then the competition. Weights varry in the sticks from the SX7 being the lightest to the SX1 being slightly heavier.

In our FX line all sticks are composites but the make up on the stick changes depending on model. Our FX8 and FX6 are made from carbon and glass, where our FX4 and FX2 are just glass. All blades are ABS core and depending on model could be either carbon or glass reinforced. Once again all stick have the CAP Technology and come in a 61" length.

Now as per stores that are currently carrying our sticks on the east coast, we are at the moment working on finalizing some deals with a number of stores but the 2012/13 sticks won't be available until the spring. Our current sticks are being offered at TheHockeyDepot.com and HockeyGalore.com as well.

If you have any more please don't hesitate to write me back here.

Interesting concept with the predominant use of ABS/PU cores. These are blade cores used for mostly low-end sticks form other manufacturers. Why did you guys decide to go this route? I'm skeptical as to the performance characteristics and stiffnesses/response level from blades using these cores.

Interesting concept with the predominant use of ABS/PU cores. These are blade cores used for mostly low-end sticks form other manufacturers. Why did you guys decide to go this route? I'm skeptical as to the performance characteristics and stiffnesses/response level from blades using these cores.

Hey AIREAYE,

I was just looking over your question and concerns about our "predominant use of ABS/PU cores". Let me first start off by saying thanks for taking a look at our catalogue. Secondly, I must ask you as to where you are getting your information that ABS and PU are lower grated materials used by other manufactures in their lesser sticks. I have looked through all other catalogues that are posted here and I must point out that no other company actually explains what materials are used in their sticks. We here at Fischer are not afraid to tell everyone what our sticks are made from and we tell it as it is. As for ABS/PU they are as responsive as all other materials and maintain a highly explosive strength and energy power transfer.

Combat

The 52 Cal replacement blade features a submarine-grade foam core blade with Active Bond Technology

Warrior

Soft core x blade durable core uses a 20% lighter polymer. Blade feels more lighter, leading to more puck response to the shaft and hands. Improved puck feel ...

CCM

D Lite blade features a strong impact density core and additional durability cap...

Durable Bridge technology - Two vertical and parallel carbon bridges run the length of the blade, enhancing the sweet spot from the heel all the way to the toe for the most forgiving blade in hockey.

Reebok

Xlerated blade - a highly new reactive foam core combined with an added extra stiff carbon on the blade surface provide more direct power.

Pure Fibre - one true piece construction that eliminates overlapping material in the lower shaft weight and offering more consistency for maximum energy transfer.

Bauer

Power Core 3 Balde - power core energy absorbent blade core maximized power and puck feel while the lightweight Aero Form II heel improves balance and core stability

Easton

Multi-Rib blade construction - ?

Sorry if I was being vague, but thanks for answering. I wasn't saying that those materials are worse though I understand where you could have gotten that implication, I was just stating that I haven't seen the use of those materials in higher/mid end sticks and only in lower end ones such as the X 3.0 and 2.0 and the One30 and One20 from Bauer who uses PU and multiple lower end wood sticks/hybrids who use ABS.

Now I'm confused. Are we talking about an ABS blade like the type that is generally used outdoors? Or just the insert material for a carbon fiber blade?

The older CCM OPS used ABS cores in their blades. They were heavy and not as responsive back then, but these could be totally different?

I'm really interested in these sticks. I work for a retailer who sellers Fischer ski's and their carbon products seem pretty impressive. I even asked our local rep if he knew anything about the hockey line, but couldn't give me any insight.

I'm also interested in these sticks. The fact that they have the P88 is very attractive. Where can one find price quotes in regards to the different models of sticks? I'm big on Bauer but I would like to test the water and see if I am missing out on something better.

I couldn't find these information in the catalogue:

Are the sx5, sx1 shafts fitting tapered or standard blades?

Can you comment on the kickpoint too?

Hi TommyKru06,

Well first off thanks for taking the time to go over our catalog as we really do appreciate it. Now to answer your questions, first off the difference between the SX and FX all depends on which models you are wanting to compare, but to break it down easily our SX series is our top line devoted to a higher caliber player, where our FX series is created for those who love the game but might not want to break the bank to play the game.

In our SX line all sticks are full composites and made from different varrieance of carbon fibres from Aramid to Aircraft. In all but the SX7, our blades are ABS with carbon, where as the SX7 is a PU blade with carbon. Both the SX7 and SX3 come in a new matted finish. SX5 and SX3 are available in either a grip or clear finish. New for this year all sticks come in 61" lenght but are also available in 63" by special order. As per our technology all sticks do have our CAP Technology which is a flim around our shafts that makes our sticks 30% more durable then the competition. Weights varry in the sticks from the SX7 being the lightest to the SX1 being slightly heavier.

In our FX line all sticks are composites but the make up on the stick changes depending on model. Our FX8 and FX6 are made from carbon and glass, where our FX4 and FX2 are just glass. All blades are ABS core and depending on model could be either carbon or glass reinforced. Once again all stick have the CAP Technology and come in a 61" length.

Now as per stores that are currently carrying our sticks on the east coast, we are at the moment working on finalizing some deals with a number of stores but the 2012/13 sticks won't be available until the spring. Our current sticks are being offered at TheHockeyDepot.com and HockeyGalore.com as well.

If you have any more please don't hesitate to write me back here.

We are sales reps for Eastern Ontario. We are located in Ingleside, ON just over the St. Lawrence River from Massena, NY. We have a small supply of these sticks on hand if anyone would want to come by and take a look at them.