Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2012 Sher-Wood Hockey Catalogue

The PP01 Smith pattern found on the higher end Nexon sticks looks interesting - toe curve, 5 lie, rounded toe. Seems like it might be similar to the Warrior Smyth or Gionta. It's nice to see another company offering a retail toe curve. Usually you see the standard Sakic, Iginla, Modano, Lidstrom, and Lindros clones and not many others. It's nice to see some additional curve options (there are more options than just the PP01 - that one just stands out for me because it's similar to the curves I use). It's too bad the PP01 is not available on the tapared blades, but if it does well on the sticks perhaps it'll be available in the blades next year.

The new Nexon gloves look nice, but there's not much information in the catalogue on the fit (tapered, fitted, traditional ect.) or protection (besides the flexible thumb).

I'd be interested in checking out the PP01 and PP10 (looks like its currently only on a wood stick though) but I wish someone would come out with a toe curve that has a higher lie. Although, Sherwood's lie 5 might be higher than another company's.

Love the look of the 'Undercover' gear: should be a big hit with team sales, or the brand-evasive, and especially with goalie who dig the logo-free look.

The T100X catcher looks like a refined TPS Bionic: full stop. That is great news for anyone who likes the greatest catching glove ever made. I would be fascinated to know how they've tweaked it. The T100M glove is a curious crossover: the one-piece cuff appears very well integrated, the break looks similar and the pocket is a different feel, but for some reason, they don't list the 'Playing Wedge' in the heel of the glove as a feature (as it is on the T100X) even though at the bottom of p.38 it clearly shows the T100M as an example of the feature. Likewise, the -V glove appears to have the wedge and the Bionic-esque 'Armadillo' backhand as well, but with a softer double-Tee (very Xceed-esque) and a change to the thumb and break anges and shapes.

Offering the choice of player-fingers and traditionally shielded fingers between the T100X and the -M and -V blockers is very, very smart (opinions are sharply divided) but is the TPS-patented 'Transverse Arch' really restricted to the -V model?

Great to see the old TPS 'Arch' calf-wrap reappear on the T100V pads, but like the Arch on the blocker, why keep it here? It would be so easy to have it laced into the other models' leg-channel, easily removable. The T100X lateral (outer) calf-wedge looks rather remarkably like the Pete Smith (now Warrior Ritual) design from his 5000/6000 series...

The T90 goalie pants still look (to my mind) eerily like the Easton OHL/CHL pants from a few years ago, and the more recent MF2 pants from Ferland Reincarnate, though I know Combat bought MF2: they're all one-piece revisions of the venerable CCM 620G design. However, I love that the T100 remains a two-piece design: great decision, and a nice evolution of the design.

The C/A's, to be honest, look like a bit of an afterthought: very little information and seemingly uninspired. That said, C/A's are like jackets: all cut and material, which is hard to tell until you've had them on.

I'm a big Sherwood fan so its nice to see them gradually stepping up their game. I've found the T90 to be the perfect stick for me in terms of price vs. performance.

The proliferation of their undercover theme stuff is cool but the limited patterns are a turn off. They should offer undercover made to order pattern options to shops. I know they'd sell a lot more Coffeys than Statnys around here.

Wasn't there some rumor about Sherwood offering a online stick and glove customizer program at some point?

I just picked up T90 shins today. Seem like they are an excellent value. I was comparing them with Easton EQ pros. They didn't seem much different quality wise. They were $100 cheaper though.

I just picked up T90 shins today. Seem like they are an excellent value. I was comparing them with Easton EQ pros. They didn't seem much different quality wise. They were $100 cheaper though.

What other shins would you compare the fit to?

Really interested in the T90 pro gloves. If they fit the same as the old TPS R8's I am def snagging a pair of those. Anyone know if they will have plastic inserts or not?

Look the like a Sher-Wood branded R8 to me.

Yeah, thinking the same thing. Did Sherwood buy out TPS? I have been looking for awhile for a pair of black tufftek/nylon R8's so these are going to be my next glove purchase I think.

imo, the new winnwell pro stock gloves look to be more of a straight up clone of the r8 than the t90 pro.