Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2012 Eagle Hockey Catalogue

Not sure if anyone has the information to answer our questions. But I am surprised that all of their non-Talon gloves are named PPF, even though the 905 and 884's look like they'd have different fits. Isn't PPF a specific fit (F = fit), one that's different than the traditional 4-rolls? And I think its interesting that they use "MSH3" all the way down the line. Their MSH2 palms were their best feature, no?

I actually like the new PPF stripes. Looks pretty sharp on Richard Park's gloves.

And I'm wondering if "Talon" is supposed to mean a more narrow fit in all of their protective gear?

The PPF glove has changed a couple times over the years. They have essentially created two product lines, like Bauer has done with the Supreme and Vapor. The PPF fit is still essentially a basic four roll, while the Talon is obviously the more snug fit. While I wasn't a fan of MSH2, most people were.

The PPF glove has changed a couple times over the years. They have essentially created two product lines, like Bauer has done with the Supreme and Vapor. The PPF fit is still essentially a basic four roll, while the Talon is obviously the more snug fit. While I wasn't a fan of MSH2, most people were.

Ah thanks. For some reason I thought the PPFs fit more narrowly that a standard four roll. Regardless, works well for my hands.

And I take it that no one has tried their sticks? They don't seem particularly novel, but inexpensive at least.

i hope the 844 fits like a wide franchise

Yeah, are you reading the catalogue and pics to suggest that the 844 is wider and the 905/805 more tapered? it's strange that how the amount of electronic ink spent on this site in the past about Eagle gloves, Eagle hasn't managed to stir up much discussion with it's newest releases. I blame the lack of info in their catalogue and website. Maybe the US retail market isn't a big thing for them? Maybe just team orders?

As I sit here and plot my epic return to the game I am pretty stoked over the SPX 905 in white, I am really looking forward to when they hit retail.