Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Davetronz

Lacrosse?

Does anyone here play lacrosse?

Box, field, or both?

I've recently started playing in a senior non-contact league after not playing for over 20 years.

We play box until mid-June, then we move outside for field, which I've never played before.

It's taking some time to get re-adjusted, but I'm really enjoying it. I scored my first hat trick tonight, three games into the season.

My biggest adjustment is not thinking like a hockey player in regards to positioning.

Box goalie here. We play until mid August. It's competitive pick up. Most guys have played senior lacrosse, NCAA, or had looks for the NLL. Its a good level and pace to the game. I'm lucky if the ball hits me!

I used to play box, up to JR B in the Okanagan, tried field and didn't like the pace or the style of the game. Since moving I haven't played much other than a few field pickup games but let's be honest - nothing compares to box LAX.

I always had a tough transition between LAX and hockey, played crease/point in LAX and defence in hockey - first few weeks I'd take about 15 cross checking/roughing penalties then figure it out again.

I've played both field and box. Box was just for a couple of seasons during high school (not as big as field in the Philly area). Started playing field in 2004 and haven't looked back. Start playing as a middie in high school and when I went to college split time between middie/LSM/close D (you can see my defensive bias ha). I originally started playing lacrosse as a reason to run and stay in shape for hockey during the off-season ha. Now it's my second sport when it comes to playing options. Took two years off after graduation, but look to start playing in an adult league that plays on an indoor field. At first I struggled with go back in forth between ice hockey and lax but quickly go over once I went to college ha. The penalty assessment was always the issue I had when going back and forth. It just took a game or two for me to settle in. I wish I started playing sooner but I see why ice hockey players also play lax. Both great sports.