Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
shotty

Haglunds / Bauer Bumps

trying to avoid the $26 shipping to canada

Did you check Source for Sports? I haven't been to a single one of their locations that hasn't stocked them.

Did you check Source for Sports? I haven't been to a single one of their locations that hasn't stocked them.

theres 2 close by that don't have them, another one an hour drive away has them. using them as a last resort

theres 2 close by that don't have them, another one an hour drive away has them. using them as a last resort

As far as I know they all buy from the same buying group (someone correct me if I'm wrong). So they should be able to order them in for you.

so after a few days of emailing back and forth, the CEO from bungapads.com got a hold of the emails i was exchanging with the customer service dept and offered me 50% off shipping. the guy was really nice, i was trying to find some stores that purchase the pads around my area and he suggested a few but none of them had stock or the ones around canada didnt have online stores. instead of driving an hour to my closest shop and an hour home to pay $34 after tax (not including ridic gas prices), i'm now paying almost the exact same amount and i dont have to leave the house!

We have been looking for a warehouse in Canada for over 2 years. There seems to be a gap in this type of business model in Canada. I am traveling to Canada in the next couple of months in search of a warehouse.

Do this, go ahead and order what you want, and when I receive the order, I will discount the shipping 50%. Avoid brokerage fees by using USPS options. We have no duties because the product qualifies under NAFTA.

I do not want any player in pain!

at first when i saw the 50% off shipping i was like.... thats nice.... then when i read the last sentence, it made me 100% sure i was buying from them

finally got my bunga heel pads. was wondering if anyones had any durability issues with them. im worried about the gel peeling off the fabric. also do most people wear it over or under the sock? i see that one photo crosby is wearing over

I just got them and found that under the sock they seem to stay in place better while putting the foot in the boot. Happy after my one use but also wondered about durability.

Treatment is find different skates that work for your foot. My first go at. Bauers were a vapor x5.0 and they were bad within 3-4 skates. Switched over to the supreme line and like magic no more pain and what little bump I could see starting to form is now gone. The supreme heel is more rounded in shape which works for my wide heels. I've since tried on a nexus boot and while not as bad as the vapor I can still feel the same pressure on my heel and I know they would be a problem too

is there a legitimate treatment for these without having the Achilles "shave down" surgery? I only have one and it has never caused real pain, it's just ugly to look at..keeps me from wearing flip flops.

Mine has just gradually disappeared over time (10-15 years)...but only if you do what sjs said above. Unless there's some huge deformity, I don't think anyone is looking at your heel. Rock those flip flops!

Have had great success with the Stable 26 product as well some guys I have worked with use both if one foot is really bad. All a matter of fitting that heel properly from the beginning......if we all knew this would happen I know most would not pic the skates that caused the issue. Such a difficult thing to fit the heel of the skate!

Have had great success with the Stable 26 product as well some guys I have worked with use both if one foot is really bad. All a matter of fitting that heel properly from the beginning......if we all knew this would happen I know most would not pic the skates that caused the issue. Such a difficult thing to fit the heel of the skate!

I disagree, the cool-aid drinkers want the popular brand whether it fits or not. We often tell them that the model they want won't fit their foot, but they buy it anyway. Sad state of hockey when popularity and fitting in with the crowd is more important than proper fit and function.

• Like 2

Boys, if you have trouble finding them in your local hockey shop, try the figure skating store in your area...they almost always have a huge variety of these things.

I disagree, the cool-aid drinkers want the popular brand whether it fits or not. We often tell them that the model they want won't fit their foot, but they buy it anyway. Sad state of hockey when popularity and fitting in with the crowd is more important than proper fit and function.

Ok so its late and I may be reading your reply in correctly. I am saying if we knew that the skate in question would cause US as in the people on the site the issue (as I am sure some if not a lot have had it at some point) we would have steered clear of that skate. Of course people buy the fad skate regardless of fit and function. I was not referring to the general public. I was saying the same as you?

I know that there has been general discussion on this issue in the past plenty of times, but I am asking for advice for my particular situation, if you guys will oblige me....

I have a pair of the "original" x:50 Vapors that fit me like a glove. When I realized how well they worked for me, I happened upon a pair of x5.0 Vapors on clearance to have as a backup and I bought them and wear them occasionally. After wearing them for awhile, they started giving me a haglunds bump on my right heel. I put them aside and just skated in the x:50s since they were perfect for me. Fast forward two years to this past weekend. I noticed both boots are cracking on the edge of the outsole near the ball of my foot on the outside. These skates are only going to last for a few months longer no doubt. I skated in the x5.0s the other night and it irritated the bump right off the bat.

My question is: is there something I can do to get these skates to lay off the haglunds area? Would re-baking them help? They did not get a very hot bake in the shop and have always felt kind of "non conforming" if you will.....I am also using the waxed oval elite laces in them if that would make any difference....

Do I need to bite the bullet and buy a new pair? Can these x5.0s be salvaged? They are barely starting to break in and I hate to drop the ash on a new pair if I don't have to. But there's no way I want that bump getting any bigger than it already is.

Thanks in advance.....Dave

I thought about that but since my understanding is that haglunds form from the heel moving in the pocket, I thought maybe punching them might make it worse??

Thanks Sir...

I thought about that but since my understanding is that haglunds form from the heel moving in the pocket, I thought maybe punching them might make it worse??

Thanks Sir...

My son started getting Haglund's and we got a pair of these

http://www.ezeefitsports.com/category-s/1827.htm

The Haglund's haven't gotten worse since. In his case, I think they probably started when he was in Supremes that had a heel pocket that was too big for him. We moved him into Vapors and added the booties a few weeks later.

Just a thought.

Thanks for the info guys. I have bunga sleeves, just would rather not have to use them since I dont need them with my current skates, its only the backups that caused the bump to start.

I'll look into Stable 26, never heard of it.

I wore the skates with bunga sleeve the other night. No problems. Trouble is I'd like to not wear the bunga every time I skate. This is the only pair of skates that have ever caused the bump to form. I don't want it to get any bigger, so in the long run, if I can't fix these skates so I don't NEED a bunga, they will stay as backup skates and I'll get a new pair for my daily drivers. Thanks for the help guys, I think I will try to rebake them first, then punch them as was suggested.