Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert Stick Lineup

From personal use (two games), I must say that this stick is amazing. I have shot with literally every top end stick on the market over the last 4 years (same flex/blade more or less, too). This stick beats them all out, first impressions anyways. I would definitely recommend giving this a look over when buying a new stick. The DT4 is also a great stick for the price point. Personally it beats out most of the $100 sticks out there, maybe minus the Ai5.

Puck feel was equal if not better then the TotalONE, balance on it is great, and the puck comes off of this stick amazingly, best I've had. I also appreciate the clear coating instead of the matte coating on the stick. IMO this is the best stick on the market.

Nice feedback and appreciate the kind comments.

This year, and going into next, is stacking up to be one of the most competitive stick release years in a very long time. When it comes to pinnacle performance sticks, we're confident that our DT1 offering has the very best of the Dagger Taper's Quick-response with engineered durability and pop-ability with the brand new blade design. We feel we had an amazing formula and were on a good path with Dagger Taper, that the new blade has just added a haymaker to the stick. It'll knock you out.

I'm glad you mentioned DT4 too. This whole line is really in the interest of bringing the very best Dagger Taper can give to EVERY player, no matter their wallet size.

Hope more members out there can comment on their findings and add to the discussion.

As always, I'm happy to answer questions.

This is a good question for all.

If you follow the link, and click patterns, you'll see all the patterns with greater detail for DT1.

http://www.warrior.com/Covert-DT1-SR/INT/DT1-M,default,pd.html?dwvar_DT1-M_color=Black_with_White&start=1&cgid=210010

If it helps, W14(Chara) is a P14 clone and W88(Zetterberg) is a P88 clone, respectively.

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that the Gionta would not be available at the initial release but will be available after.

Where did you hear that info IniNew?

Gionta is on DT2 Sr Grip only for the Covert line. Like Ini stated, weak sales.

Gionta is on DT2 Sr Grip only for the Covert line. Like Ini stated, weak sales.

And it's a shame, because it's probably my all time favorite curve.

And it's a shame, because it's probably my all time favorite curve.

Should have bought more. :laugh: Just kidding.

We'll keep it on the customizer and we're planning to keep pushing the envelope with new patterns for the future. This one just didn't stick.

As a side, and for the group. If you drive sales at your dealers, it will help drive re-orders for particular specs from us (flexes/grips/patterns) which will force us to keep them in the line.

Should have bought more. :laugh: Just kidding.

We'll keep it on the customizer and we're planning to keep pushing the envelope with new patterns for the future. This one just didn't stick.

As a side, and for the group. If you drive sales at your dealers, it will help drive re-orders for particular specs from us (flexes/grips/patterns) which will force us to keep them in the line.

Push far enough to a Kovalchuk pro maybe?

Since everyone wants their favorite pro curve to be available at retail, I'm throwing in my .5 with the Hossa curve!

What I would find interesting is to see what the specific popularity of the curves available on the customizer are. Most ordered through least ordered in terms of percentages.

What I would find interesting is to see what the specific popularity of the curves available on the customizer are. Most ordered through least ordered in terms of percentages.

When I saw you post in this topic I naturally assumed there would have been a "styles" request in there somewhere.

What we like just doesn't make it in the retail world. :smile: If Warrior had that as an option I'd be all over it. I just find the Kovalev lie too high for my liking.

It has been brought up, as well as many others. Trying to find the "next big hit".

I'm kind of surprised the Kovalchuk pro isn't available. His pro stocks seem to be extremely popular, but then again it could just be due to their rarity. Plus, the Gionta and Smyth patterns are similar. However, I can imagine the cost of molds and everything to create for the customizer and not be sure if it's going to pan out or not. Your options for the customizer are already the best available.

However, in addition to the Kovalchuk pro, I'd like to see the newer Kovalev pro make it's way there eventually! Haha

When I saw you post in this topic I naturally assumed there would have been a "styles" request in there somewhere.

The Zetterberg pro looks similar to the Styles curves, at least in the pictures posted here!

Aggie, I've seen some Zetterberg pro stocks that look similar and some that don't. It's hard to say from the renditions shown on the customizer. Maybe Miseaugeu can comment how similar it is to the Easton Styles, or old TPS P31, or Bauer P72?

Got to use mine (Covert DT1) twice in the last week. By far (in my opinion) the best stick Warrior has put out in a long time. I still prefer my Doan prostock RS sticks, hence why Im going to be selling mine, but that doesn't deter from the fact that this is a great stick. Shoots very well, looks awesome, puck feel is improved in my opinion.

Great job Warrior on this one. Maybe if I switch from my Eastons down the road, I'll pick up another one of these.

I'm kind of surprised the Kovalchuk pro isn't available. His pro stocks seem to be extremely popular, but then again it could just be due to their rarity. Plus, the Gionta and Smyth patterns are similar.

By the way, which one is closer to his usual pro curve? Smyth? It's been such a long time since I last used Smyth...

Mise au jeu here is a hint *easton Kreps curve* its a curve that everyone is after when its on sale on pro stock easton.1 st tip is free the next one i will need to charge :rolleyes: .

Mise au jeu here is a hint *easton Kreps curve* its a curve that everyone is after when its on sale on pro stock easton.1 st tip is free the next one i will need to charge :rolleyes: .

Very true story. I was going to mention this before I saw this post. Picture if your interested. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=i20ier&s=7&fb_source=message Its a really nice curve because its not as extreme as some of these big curves the companies have been releasing. You can shoot great and stickhandling isnt a problem so its a best of both worlds type of curve to me at least.

Got to use mine (Covert DT1) twice in the last week. By far (in my opinion) the best stick Warrior has put out in a long time. I still prefer my Doan prostock RS sticks, hence why Im going to be selling mine, but that doesn't deter from the fact that this is a great stick. Shoots very well, looks awesome, puck feel is improved in my opinion.

Great job Warrior on this one. Maybe if I switch from my Eastons down the road, I'll pick up another one of these.

What curve does Doan use?