Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert Stick Lineup

Xero117, can you elaborate a little on how the stick feels stiff but plays soft?

When flexing it at home and stickhandling it feels stiff like a 70 flex but when shooting it feels soft like a 60-65 flex.

Hope this clears things up for you.

What are the chances.that kovalchuk pro is taken to retail or put on the customizer? (Dont tell me smyth is the same cause its not)

It is the same as one of the Kovalchuk pro curves. Maybe it isn't the one you like/want, but it was the same at one time. Even if they do offer a Kovalchuk pro, you shouldn't order it. Chances are it will still not be exactly the same as what you want.

It is the same as one of the Kovalchuk pro curves. Maybe it isn't the one you like/want, but it was the same at one time. Even if they do offer a Kovalchuk pro, you shouldn't order it. Chances are it will still not be exactly the same as what you want.

I just dont get why you love bashing me so much. Ive been on this forum for years and you still do it. Why? I will never know.

I'm not bashing you, I'm trying to help you. Every time you order something looking for a specific curve, you don't get it and complain about it. Kovalchuk changes his curve as much as any other pro that I'm aware of (or at least he used to). The odds of any company picking exactly the same variation of his curve that you like are not good at all. Most of the differences are extremely minor and most people would adapt and move on. You need to do the same.

I don't think he's trying to bash you. When I had a Smyth tapered blade, it said Kovy on the hosel along with some other info. From what I heard, Chadd is accurate about the Smyth being a copy of one of Kovy's older curves. Miseaujeu also posted this in the customizer thread:

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/57617-warrior-stick-customizer-program/page__st__325#entry883895

It is also safe to say that when a player changes his curve as much as Kovy does, the one that Warrior copies may not be the exact on that you are looking for.

I have pro stock kovys ranging from original dolomites to the white widows he used last year. Every one has the exact same curve. Same with the 6 other clone curve pro stock sticks i have. Only variation at all is the way the heel is shaved, which means nothing to me.

I have pro stock kovys ranging from original dolomites to the white widows he used last year. Every one has the exact same curve. Same with the 6 other clone curve pro stock sticks i have. Only variation at all is the way the heel is shaved, which means nothing to me.

me too except i have only to the black and red widow from early last year

A good friend of mine got three different curves directly out of the locker room last year.

Are we seeing a case of him using a different curve in different situations?

Like when he plays the point on the powerplay and just sets up for one timers?

You think a guy who constantly threatens 40 goals a year, with the majority of them being with precision shooting, would have his curve dialed in. If he really is changing his curve 20 times a year and still shoots like he does, then more power to him.

Finally got a chance to play around with the DT4 at Pro Hockey Life in the simulator. Great stick for the price. A lot of people say the 65S is the best at this price point, but seriously think the DT4 could give it a strong push for that top spot.

The 65S, 16K, AI 5, Nexus 600 and X 4.0 are all phenomenal. I've always been a big advocate for the $100 price point and manufacturers recognize this and they keep putting out great sticks every cycle.

I agree Aireaye. I know there are a lot of stick from that range at beer league each week. A lot of them at that price remind me of the $250-$300 CND price range just 3-5 years ago.

It'd be cool to see the $100 price point stick today compared against some of the first few cycles of flagship composite sticks (i.e. Synergy)..

@AIREAYE, out of those sticks you listed which one do you think would be the best performer personally?

Have been using my DT1 for a couple weeks now. Fantastic stick. Put down my RS for it. Great pop and a very soft feel. I recommend it for anyone that wants to try it out.

Have been using my DT1 for a couple weeks now. Fantastic stick. Put down my RS for it. Great pop and a very soft feel. I recommend it for anyone that wants to try it out.

I really wish Warrior would put out an Iginla type pattern. Would love to try a DT1 for these very reasons. Frustrating...

It'd be cool to see the $100 price point stick today compared against some of the first few cycles of flagship composite sticks (i.e. Synergy)..

@AIREAYE, out of those sticks you listed which one do you think would be the best performer personally?

I've only ever used the X:40 in the past and it was amazing. However, now that I've been working in a store for a while now, I can't go back to that pricepoint; only the top-end guys now, I'm sure you understand haha.

Being on the selling end and having the opportunity to test out those sticks and seeing customers try them in our Rapidshot area, I think they're pretty well on par. Personal preference would tip one over another obviously so imo, I like the 65S and 16K.

Ai:5 to me is the best stick at that price point.

Anyways back on topic. Love the DT1, I may end up picking myself up one.

Has anyone tried the DT2? If so any thoughts on it?

The 65S, 16K, AI 5, Nexus 600 and X 4.0 are all phenomenal. I've always been a big advocate for the $100 price point and manufacturers recognize this and they keep putting out great sticks every cycle.

I wanted to jump in here as a quick comment from the manufacturer side:

The $99 stick is a very very competitive product and landscape. We feel we have to put everything possible to push product tech and feel in all our sticks, but the DT4 is very advanced compared to our $99 product in the last 3 years.

True1, Dagger Taper, Incredible Balance, and the lightest stick we've ever made at this price. All very good things that healthy market competition has given to our consumer.